“Yummy Tex-Mex”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The food here was good - I'm from Houston so I cannot give it a "very good" rating. But if you are craving Mexican food and some decent chips/salsa... this place will do it. The service was pretty good too.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Food was really good. Good chili rellano. Not too big. Homemade style rice. You need a little patience with the wait staff.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Family visited for lunch on a Friday. They offered a lunch time buffet which included salad, enchiladas, carne guisada, tortillas, rice, beans, and fried fish. The cost was about $8/adult if I remember correctly. The food was good but not the best Tex-Mex either. There was more food than you could want though and the staff keep the bar loaded up. It looks like their weekend nighttime buffet has even more items. Nothing fancy overall but a good option in Fort Davis. We would try it again the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Chile rellenos. Chile rellenos. Chile rellenos. First had 'em here about 10 years ago. The absolute the best of any I've ever had anywhere. Friendly service & Keep wanting to eat here aqny time in the area,

1  Thank steve h
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We came into town and this looked like the only place open. It is one of those places that is such a nice surprise. The service is very very slow. So if you are impatient or just in a hurry I would find somewhere else. The food completely makes up for the slowness. They give you chips and salsa and they were wonderful. The salsa has a bit of a bite to it. We ordered fajitas for two. We got the mix of chicken and beef. They bring out a large skillet filled with meat. It is the most meat I have ever received on a fajita order. The tortillas are homemade and fluffy. My husband almost finished the entire bowl of refried beans (I don't like them) He said they were very authentic. The rice was good and freshly made. The guacamole was also freshly made. Overall it is one of the best meals we have had in a long time.

1  Thank BRKII