“this is negitave 4 star”
Review of Sunset Motor Inn

Sunset Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dover
Sunset Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Coatesville, Indiana
“this is negitave 4 star”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have never been treated so badly at a hotel, the manager was so rude and hateful to me was the worst I have EVER been treated by some one at a hotel !!! Bass fishing guys beware of this place, red mud flows thru the parking lot when it rains, I ruined a pair of shoes and had to wash my boat top to bottom after the stay. ( the clay was on my tires of my truck, when I left out to go fishing, slung all over my boat inside and out ) I got caught out in high water condition and a horrible debris field floated in, slowing my progress returning back to hotel on checkout day(Sunday) the manager called and made a super stink over this, calling me irresponsible among other things !! NEVER STAY HERE GUYS !! THIS PLACE IS JOKE !!! GUYS GO TO DOVER INN OR FISHTALE LODGE, THEY KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF ANGLERS AND THEIR RIGS !! I STAY DOWN HERE FIVE TIMES A YEAR, I FISHED OVER 30 TOURNEMENTS A YEAR !! I

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank don t
bill_powell, Manager at Sunset Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I have no idea what this is about, unless it was the guest who tracked clay throughout the room, and over the carpets. Upset my mom a bit, but I'm used to that kind of mess and just got out the carpet cleaner. No biggie.

I will say "yes" to the "red mud flows thru the parking lot when it rains" comment; our hillside collapsed as a result of all the recent heavy rains. Caused flooding all over the State, in fact. I am posting a photo of the slide. Now THAT was a mess. Nature can be hard, sometimes.

Most of our guests have been staying with us for many years. They know us, and we know them. They keep coming back, and we keep welcoming them.

So...have a good day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We called and told them we were two hours south and we wanted to make it up to them for the night (because of the reviews on here). We also asked if it was ok if we had a small dog. They said it was fine with some conditions. Before we could say good bye the line went silent on their end. Two hours and ten minutes later we arrived (at 10:06pm), super exhausted, only to find they closed at 10. We called and knocked but no answer. It seemed like people lived upstairs so we started to walk up the stairs but we're greeted by No Trespassing signs. I'm sure they could hear us but I guess they weren't interested in our business at 10:06. Wish they had told us that on the phone. I left a voicemail with our phone numbers but they didn't call back and explain. Luckily we found the Dover Inn Motel. They met all of our needs and don't close!

Stayed June 2013
3 Thank hmsafron
bill_powell, Manager at Sunset Motor Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
This is Bill; my parents are the owners of the Inn.

This was an unfortunate event for which we are truely sorry. As the reviewer stated, the phone call abruptly ended in the middle of the conversation. Unfortunately, no personal info from the caller had yet been taken, to include any phone number, and we received no call back before closing time.

While we do indeed close the Inn at 10:00PM, we do have late check-ins fairly often. We simply assign our visitor a room, leave it unlocked for them, and place the key inside. We just take care of the formalities later. Easy, peasy.

In this case, after closing up at 10:00, the place was locked up, lights switched off, and the phone switched to messages, all per usual. My parents did then retire upstairs to their quarters, where it is quite impossible for them to hear anyone outside. There is indeed a 'no tresspassing' sign on the fire-escape stairwell, but that door is no longer in use and is blocked from the inside anyway.

It really is too bad I was not there myself; I'm a night owl, and would have been up long after my sleepy parents called it a night. Perhaps I would have heard something.

All in all, an unfortunate event which we do regret and which we do, again, apologize for.

Bill~

Oh! And for anyone out there visiting us in the future who might find themselves running a bit late, just give us a heads up and we are always happy to make arrangements.

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great value in an excellent setting. Loved to be able to park at the door of the room. Very nice room, very clean, friendly owners. Can't beat the flat rate price. Nice sitting area right outside the door with beautiful flowers. This quiet motel is by itself, away from the business district.

Room Tip: Room with one queen bed had a nice rocking chair.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank NancyR65
Indianapolis North Suburb
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Older, park at your door, 1 story motel run by nice retired couple who live onsite. Clean rooms, only had 2 with queen beds that was booked so had to take room with 2 double bed. Sits on top of a hill overlooking the highway with a nice wrap-around porch and views of Barkley Lake. We decided to find a liquor store, order pizza for dinner and watch beautiful sunset. Wish I could give it a 5 rating but outside needs a little TLC, brushing the cobwebs of the front porch and lights, tiding up the entrance to office (kind of clutter you find at your grandparents house). We will stay there again when in the Dover area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GrayMare42
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2012

One night at this property overlooking the road to Dover TN. As I dont stay at motels too often I was pleasantly surprised, the room was large and in good shape. Everything worked and there was even a nice sitting area outside through sliding glass doors to a patio with some chairs.
Dont expect much modernity, but there was wifi and a color tv with a decent cable lineup. Dorm size fridge was a nice touch. For the price paid, and the reasonable quality, I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank flipper95
Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a lovely and quiet motor inn that looks out over the Cumberland River. It is run by a lovely husband and wife who live on site. They are very kind and your room is always kept up. I stayed here for my mother's funeral and never wanted for a thing. (Right down to the owner loaning one of the minister's a tie.) The hotel is situated between Dover and Clarksville. The rooms have little binders with ALL of the local cafes. We had four people in the room and it only cost 60. If you want comfort and quality along with hosts who care and live there too . . . this is the little place to stay.

Room Tip: all the rooms are one level.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Marithorn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Kenlake State & Resort Park
Lake Barkley Lodge
Lake Barkley Lodge
#2 of 6 in Cadiz
America's Paradise Resort

Been to Sunset Motor Inn? Share your experiences!