“Very comfortable place”

Townsman Inn Larned
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Larned
Reviewed 12 October 2011

It's NOT a Best Western anymore but not to worry. We enjoyed our stay here exploring the SantaFe trail. Wireless did not work in our room but they had a wired connection that did. It's not the Ritz but a very comfortable place. We found the staff VERY helpful. Fridge/w/freezer, Microwave, coffee maker. Good TV. Quiet rooms. Pull up to your room. I'd say ignor the negative comments I see here. If you want the Ritz...keep driving..and paying $$$$$.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hal R

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This is a clean, comfortable motel at a reasonable price. It is also near the center of town and restaurants. Good breakfast as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank free8864
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I only spent a few days there in the middle of Sept. on a friends suggestion, but
Thanks for a delightful stay! I absolutely loved the breakfasts, the cold water pool on a Hot day, the courtesy of the desk clerks, and the friendliness of the other guests. This one was right up my alley with a clean, very comfortable, and private room. Thanks!

Stan

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Stanley C
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed at the Townsman Motel in Larned, Kansas as a base while exploring a section of the Santa Fe Trail. The Hotel is all on ground level and we parked right at our room door. We only had to carry our luggage about 12 feet from car to luggage rack in room. The Water pressure in the shower seemed to be a disappointment but after 30 or 40 seconds it came up to full flow. The room was clean and the A/C worked very well - we had to set it to a warmer temp in the middle of the night ! And this was during 100 degree plus temperatures in Larned.
The motel is close to Fort Larned and the Santa Fe Trail Museum and the desk clerks were friendly, helpful, and knew all the events and attractions going on during the 4th of July weekend. It is close enough to Dodge City, ( about an hour away ) to enjoy breakfast in Larned and then drive the Santa Fe Trail to Dodge. Some of the old wagon ruts are still visible on the prairie!
The continental breakfast was typical, but did have a bonus of microwave burritos. Not the best, but adequate. About half the guests were in our age group ( 55 - 65 ) in the breakfast room next to the office and that made for easy socializing. This is a variable but we will try to stay at this motel again on our next trip through Kansas.

Room Tip: The rooms on the East end are quiet but the water pressure takes a while to get there.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Optimistic_Otto
Reviewed 24 February 2011

good and clean room...good service..girl at the front dest very nice and helpful...looking fwd for next visit...thank you!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My husband chose this hotel for a one-night stay in July. At check-in, the woman at the front desk ws not at all friendly.

The room was very small and awkwardly arranged. There was a recliner next to the bed, in front of the bedside table. The air condiitoning unit was very loud and gusty.

The bathroom, though, was the worst of all. The tiles had been reglazed at some point (long ago), and now the paint is coming off. There was mold and mildew in nearly every corner and crevice fo the shower area. The bathroom window was about 2 inches by 6 inches, which did not allow for much ventilation and probably explains the moldy state of the bathroom.

There is a free continental breakfast offered. It is very basic.

As we headed to the Fort Larned Historical site, we passed the Rodeway Inn, which looked newer, nicer, and cleaner. I'd recommend anyone going to Larned stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Was traveling to meet family members that live in Larned, booked room on-line, book a King room, when I arrived had a problem with the King room's air conditioning unit and was moved to a double queen rooms because there was only one smoking King room in the Motel. Had trouble with my bank card and had too pay for the room for two nights when I arrived and then payed for the three night separtedly told the front desk cleck that I would not need the four night that I had booked on-line she told me that she had made a note of it , she also adjusted the price for me because the queen was 5.00 cheaper than the king on-line.
When I was going to check out went on-line to check my banking account and found out that my card was charged for the fourth night, when I went to ask what was going on the
front desk cleck was very high-rate with me, and acted very mad that the cleck the day before gave me a adjustment on the price of the room, told me that there was no price difference in the two rooms, I told her yes there is on-line were I had booked the room,after talking to the other clerk she was alittle more polite.
Was told that the extra charge would be off my account within 2 or 3 business days if not to call the main office, got home waited for the charge to come off my account on the 3rd day call the office and they told me there was nothing that they could do for me I would have to call the hotel back if it was off by 5 to 10 working days, and that they would have the motel call me within 5 days of the call, been 7 days and still have'nt heard from them.
All in all this motel was not a bad motel if you are a non-smoker the non-smoking rooms were very nice central air and nice furnishings, the smoking rooms were window air conditioning, our dresser half of the drawers were nailed shut ,chairs were broke.
Would I recommend this motel to someone if you are a non-smoker yes.if you are quit if your going to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larned
Rodeway Inn Larned
#6 of 8 in Great Bend
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Townsman Inn Larned? Share your experiences!