“Nice HGI with a great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Austin, Texas
“Nice HGI with a great location”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Rooms here are fairly standard HGI rooms and the Internet access is pretty good. The location is really nice for Inner harbor access, with lots of good restaurants in the immediate area. The work-out facility is first rate, since the HGI has worked a deal with the gym next door, guests have free access to a full service gym with very easy access. The breakfast buffet was the standard HGI setup. Parking is a bit problematic. I used the valet parking, which was adequate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. The hotel's partnership with the MAC receives tremendous feedback and I am glad it was a benefit to you. Our location between Fells Point, Little Italy and Inner Harbor certainly makes it easy to move around the city. Thank you for your feedback regarding parking. Our intent is not to confuse our guests with self-parking options and I am sorry if this occurred.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Walking distance to Inner Harbor attractions, shopping and restaurants. Nice, clean room. My husband is part of the Hilton Honors rewards club so we received free breakfast buffet for the 4 of us. The buffet is fantastic! Made to order omlets, pancakes, french toast and waffles. Parking is the only weird thing. We just valeted to make it easier. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your visit. We have been very focused on the Hilton Garden Inn made-to-order breakfast and I am pleased you enjoyed it so much! I look forward to sharing your experience with the hotel team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Harbor East and Baltimore in the future!
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week, and have actually stayed at the Homewood Suites numerous times over the last few years. (The Homewood and Hilton Garden Inn are connected and share the same lobby and front desk.)
I was located on the 8th floor and discovered that there is an 8th floor courtyard where you can go out and get a great view of the city and walk around. Friendly front desk personnel, good made to order breakfast, and great location close to the harbor guarantees I will be back here soon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your visit to Baltimore. The 8th floor Courtyard, available to hotel guests, is certainly a lovely gem in the middle of a busy neighborhood! I appreciate your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn made-to-order breakfast as it is a very important way to start the day.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 May 2012

stayed in the hotel for 7 days during March-April 2012 for business travel. room was clean and was equipped with all the facilities (though the bottled water was missing). staff is helpful and nice. very near to the inner harbour and national aquarium. loved the hotel, will surely go back and stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the location so much. I am sorry about the bottled water in the guest room, as is our standard for HHonors Silver, Gold and Diamond members. Thank you for letting us know so we can use your feedback for re-training.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future for a truly extraordinary visit.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I had made the my reservation with my room preference and had called a week before traveling asking to make sure my room preference was noted on my reservations. But when I checked in I had to ask to switch rooms.
As a Diamond member, there was no amenities in the room. No bottled water.
The gym is nice touch.
Certain people working for the hotel have serious attitude.

1 Thank Togi K
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I was very disappointed with our experience at the HGI, Inner Harbor. When we checked in the front desk attendant made a point of stating we purchased our room on Priceline. Yes, we did, it was a last minute trip and we found a good price...or so we thought. What we got for our price? A smokey room (even though the sign outside said non-smoking), double beds, off a crowded, loud street with a mysterious $20 charge pending on my credit card. Having stayed at various Hiltons before I'm very disappointed. I feel like we were treated as subpar customers because of our Priceline booking. Here's the deal- when someone books through a discount site, or uses a Groupon or whatever, the whole point is to impress them so they come back, to build a loyalty that wasn't previously there, not treat them like you're better than they are. Back to Marriott's and Sheraton's for us.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the street-- it was horribly loud!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin C
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The hotel in itself is very unique being that it is a Hilton Garden Inn as well as a Homewood Suites. The Homewood rooms are on one side and the Hilton rooms on the other. With that background given, let's begin the sad adventure....

When my spouse and I checked into the hotel (we are both Hilton Gold members), they did not have our Hilton reservation on file. Oh, did I fail to mention that their computers were down as well? So, the agent manually checks us in and gives us our room keys.

We arrive to the room to discover that the room is ALREADY OCCUPIED!! This is the SECOND TIME we have experienced this at a Hilton property in the Baltimore area. We go back to the front desk and, of course, there are no more rooms on the Hilton side. Thus, they give us a room on the Homewood side. Our gold preferences state a room on a "high floor away from the elevators". We were of course given a room on a low floor, across from the elevator!

We finally get to the room and the tv does not work. Upon calling the front desk, we are told that "maintenance has gone home for the evening". At this point, I am near livid. Fortunately, I am handy with electronics and figured out the issue. Someone disconnected all of the cables to the tv and the cable unit and left everything in disarray. In fact, the tv was sitting cocked at an angle on the tv stand! Just as I finish getting the tv working, security comes to offer us another room. By then we say no thanks because we were not moving anymore that night.

Fast forward to day 2. We arrive back from our conference to find that we have been locked out of our room! Plus, I notice that the "Do Not Disturb" sign that I left on the door had been disturbed. At this point, my spouse was livid. We returned to the front desk to find out that we had been locked out due to a glitch in them not having a form of payment on file which was clearly in the Hilton reservation we had originally made. Also, to "placate" us, someone had gone into our room, without our consent, to leave a bottle of champagne and a dish of fruits and cheese. A nice touch, but should have been done when we were in the room.

Needless to say, that night was on the Hilton/Homewood. The only reason that we continue to use the Hilton is because of brand loyalty. However, after this stay, we will take our business elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012