“Weekend in Baltimore” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Weekend in Baltimore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I love to travel to Baltimore as a weekend get away and we love staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are always clean and pleasant. I do have on area of concern, Valet parking. Upon our arrive, the Valet parking was very disorganized and there were cars everywhere. The attendents, two I think, were very busy, short on patients and organization. So, we self parked our car to find that there was a charge. I understand a charge for Valet parking, self parking really... The price one pays for the hotel room would warrent the self parking to be included.

Room Tip: Room was clean, glad to have a refrigerator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beverly C
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit so much. Thank you, as well, for sharing details regarding the parking experience. The parking operator is very committed to guest service and certainly appreciates this information. I am sorry that you found the secure self-parking charge too much as hotels work to remain very competetive in cities with their fees. This will absolutely be reviewed. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went there with my large family for easter. Great hotel with excellent amenities. The staff were very attentive, service was great especially with the number of people from the church. They really went out of their way to make everyone comfortable. Hope we can have another convention next year. Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charsshine
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about the service you received! I look forward to sharing your comments during tomorrow's team huddle and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is not the type of Hilton we were expecting. It is a budget Hilton. The rooms are Ok but not luxurious. The location is good although set back from the waterfront. We didn't use any of the amenities or the food but the breakfast didn't look that exciting. The service was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry that the amenities offered at the Hilton Garden Inn are not to your preference and somewhat different than a Full Service Hilton. I appreciate the suggestions as feedback is valuable when planning for the future. I hope you enjoyed Baltimore!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I checked in to the Hilton Garden Inn on 04/16/14. It was a very busy afternoon and traffic had stretched around the city because of the Orioles game on reaching the entrance the valet was overwhelmed with the amount of people checking in and plus the traffic was not moving. I was very amazed by how this one valet by the name of Manny or Paul was able to greet apologize and guide the guests out of traffic to a garage and from there another valet was waiting for us who in turn took the car for valet, apologized and guided us to the hotel. To me that was very thoughtful and smart of the valet team since in a matter of hours even with the traffic guests were now able to freely check in. The staff in the front desk was very friendly especially Ricardo who gave us very good directions to places to eat. The hotel was very clean and close to everything. I now have a place I can call home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city
1 Thank Walt200
Thank you for taking time to share details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service you received so much! Towne Park, the parking operator, works hard to ensure the busy traffic in Harbor East does not impact a guest's arrival to the hotel and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team management. I have also forwarded your comments about Ricardo to the department head and we hope to welcome you back for future visits!
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been to Baltimore many times over the years. We were here this time seeing family and friends. The last trip we stayed at The Marriott Waterfront, which was very nice, but didn't want to spend as much on a room this time. I remember seeing this hotel last time and decided to give it a chance.

Pros- Location- Location - Starbucks next door, movie theatre, shopping etc... Roy's across the street and Fleming's around the corner. We checked in on Saturday. It was very busy, but the front desk checked up in pretty quickly. She was very friendly. Our hotel room AC was very hot and not working correctly. Called the following morning, I called downstairs and someone came up and fixed it. He was very nice. We ate breakfast every morning at the restaurant on the second floor. It was fine, some stuff was better than others. The ladies that worked there were nice and seemed to work hard because sometimes it got very busy. The room was small, but we weren't in the room very much. We stayed on the 10th floor and it was nice and quiet. DId not hear screaming children running up and down the hallways, like in some places. Everyone was nice and the room was clean and overall I can't give this hotel a bad review.
I guess if there was a con, it would be the small beds, rooms and shower, but that would not make me not stay here again.

I almost forgot.... they sent us a movie coupon for the room for the AC problem in the room. That was a very nice gesture and was unexpected.

Room Tip: I asked for quiet rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us so much and I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback. The vibrant Harbor East location is fantastic and enjoyable for everyone. I am sorry about the glitch with the AC, but pleased that the team member responded so quickly. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore for future visits!
Highland Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this particular hotel and was not pleased in the least. My friends and I (all females in our early 20s) were harassed by not one but two of the valet drivers, one of which said he wanted to "take us to the hood". Our room was pitiful for paying $217 for a Sunday night. The beds were tiny and could barely fit two average sized adults in them. The bathroom was a mess with dead flies in the sink. We were about to get ready to change to walk around when our door opened and a cleaning lady came into the room without knocking. The air conditioning was not working when we got into the room. We called someone to fix it and they sent someone up who basically looked at it and said it would take a few minutes to cool down. We went out for about an hour and a half and when we arrived back the room was actually hotter. We also noticed the floor right by the panel for the AC was soaking wet, which happened to be right where my back was placed. We called and notified the front desk again who sent someone up. They actually fixed the AC but the floor continued to leak. The next morning we were awoken by another cleaning lady who continuously pounded on the door until it was opened. When it finally was opened she asked when we would be leaving. We weren't planning on leaving until 12 when we were told the check out time was. Overall I am completely dissatisfied with my stay here. The front desk was reasonably helpful but that doesn't change the fact the rest of the staff is completely rude and disrespectful. The Hilton Garden Inn will not be seeing me anytime in the future.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mmducca13
Delens, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your recent visit to Baltimore. I am truly sorry that this was your experience as it is not indicative of our premium service provided. While feedback like this is not enjoyable to hear, it is very important to us so we know where our re-training attention should be focused. I will share your comments with the parking operator so they can review this interaction with their team. I will also work closely with the Housekeeping team to ensure this does not occur again. Again, our apologies and I appreciate you letting us know.
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a nice Hilton Garden in a good location downtown Baltimore. There are lots of restaurants close by, and the inner harbor shopping & attractions are a short walk away.

The staff was amazingly friendly. The check in was really fast. I would say that every employee was very friendly from front desk to housekeepers.

The room wasn't huge, but we had one with a decent harbor view. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were nice. The pillows were a little smaller than normal, but I got an extra when I asked. The shower was a bit small (room didn't have a tub/shower combo), so shaving was a bit difficult. It had a decent hairdryer and towels.

The hotel gym was a real gym next door and was beautiful if you like to work out.

Breakfast was good ($13), but you could get made-to-order omelets, pancakes, waffles, etc. If you self park, it's a bit cheaper than valet, but there is no in/out.

I would say the one thing I would improve is the doors slam a lot in the rooms. You can hear this a lot. The doors were very heavy, so I'm assuming this causes the slamming. We stayed on a weekend, so there was a bit of partying and noisy people in the hallways.

Overall, it's a nice, clean hotel in a good location with very nice staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such lovely feedback following your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you received so much! The Harbor East location certainly is a benefit and it is fantastic you were able to take advantage. I look forward to sharing your comments during our team huddle on Monday and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.