“Pleasant Surprise!!! Hotel Great & Very Accomodating. Will Stay there again!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I travel about twice a month. I always take my two girls, Courtney, age 14, and Hailey, age 13, with me. I always do extensive research before booking a hotel and for the most part stick with the major chain hotels, (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, etc.). By linking my Airline, Amtrak, and Hotel Reward Clubs and Cards, I have amassed significant points, stays, and rewards, that we take advantage of when possible. We usually will attend concerts, and then stay at a hotel in the city where the concert is located, and spend the rest of the weekend there. Most recently 2/18/11, we attended a three band concert at Ramshead Live in Baltimore, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Baltimore on President Street. We had an awesome weekend. No complaints!!! I called ahead and spoke to Maria and she pre-assigned our room #, and even zeroxed a map to the concert (walking distance) and highlighted our route. Also, since I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member, she arranged a late check-out for us so we could sleep in. Our room package included a full cooked to order breakfast, which had something for everyone and saved us the trouble of having to find somewhere to eat (as well as an additional expense). The hotel has a security team on duty from 7PM to 7AM. The parking garage, is conveniently located, well lit and has amble parking. I needed to retrieve some items I left in my vehicle and asked at the front desk if someone could accompany me to the garage, the manager on duty called the security officer to accompany me. Once in the room for the night, I requested additional pillows and they arrived within five minutes. (At the last hotel I stayed at, I requested additional pillows and was told they were so booked that no extra pillows were available.) I have horrible allergies/asthma and always check the vents to see if they are covered with dust or have been cleaned recently. Few hotels actually pay attention to this when maid service cleans the rooms. To my surprise, they were impeccably clean and dust free. We stayed on the 8th floor and although the windows would not open all the way, the screens were completely intact so I had no worries about my girls at the window with the windows cracked. The Hilton
Garden In at Baltimore is a great value, great location, and considering we had a standard room, I'm sure a room upgrade would even be more amazing. I strongly recommend this hotel. **If you are a Hilton Honors Club member, there are NO BLACKOUT dates (which I have experienced with other chains). If you are not a member, be sure to join online before booking so you can include you member number when making your reservation, or ask for an application when checking in, so you will get credit for your stay. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 3TravelinGirls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel December 6 - 9, 2010. I was shocked how much it differed from other Hilton properties, although this was my first stay at a "Garden Inn" property. The room was so small that the bathroom door had to be closed before the door from the hallway into the room could be opened. Also, there was not enough room to even use one side of the 2nd bed because it was wedged against a chair and the wall.

And parking.... guests must park at a public parking facility with a separate entrance... very hard to find, and the hotel's communications didn't contain this information. I circled the hotel, in rush hour traffic, several times before finding a place to pull over and call the front desk to locate the parking. When I was checking in, the woman in line behind me had had the same problem. The location of the hotel was difficult to get to, making the commute to and from the job site difficult.

I elected to check out a day early, to move to a hotel near the departure airport, and it was a major relief to get out of this place. The front desk mis-handled the charges for parking, resulting in the need to locate the parking garage attendant and have him separately confirm I had paid all parking charges for my visit. When I initially called the front desk about checking out a day early, I first reached an obviously indifferent clerk who said she didn't have my info and couldn't help me. A 2nd call reached a clerk who did provide the help I needed.

The only thing positive was the pub located across the street from the hotel. Each night they featured a happy hour menu that made for a very inexpensive, but good, dinner.

If you are going to Baltimore, I suggest you stay at the Hilton on W. Pratt St. They are great; vastly different than this location.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I stayed here for three nights and never had a problem. Parking is a problem and the cost is $23 a night or $26 a night with in/out privileges. Parking garage is located behind the hotel and and getting to it is interesting, but, once you mastered it, no problem. Location of hotel is great. Walking distance to most all inner harbor attractions and Little Italy section of Baltimore. Staff is courteous and friendly and provided maps and directions when asked. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Ijamsville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

First off, the parking is terrible. It's very confusing to find parking garage. The check-in employees are not helpful at all. Never gave any information about the hotel whatsoever. Then when we got to our room, there was a definite smell of smoke in it (it was a non-smoking room) and it's obvious that someone noticed it becaus they had the window open to try to get rid of the smell. By that time, we were hungry so we just kept the room. The location is nice but I would not stay there again because of the parking, and lack of friendly employees.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

I booked two rooms through Hotwire, so it was a fairly good value for the hotel. When we checked in, the front desk was kind enough to try to put our two rooms on the same floor, but they didn't have a second room available on the same floor just yet so we said we'd be happy to head to the first room while we waited for the second. Ultimately, they weren't able to get us in a second room on the same level, so on our way out for the evening we picked up a key to the room they were able to get us instead. We didn't enter the room until much later (~2am) after we had returned, and we were dismayed to find the second room unclean. One of the beds didn't look made (it looked like someone had moved the pillows and lied down on top of the made bed), and the towels in the bathroom were not as they should be. We went downstairs to ask for a new room, and the woman at the front desk was very rude. She was unable to find another room with two beds (understandable) and she didn't seem interested in helping us solve our problem (unacceptable). We asked if housekeeping could remake the bed with clean sheets, and she said there was no housekeeping. We asked to speak to a manager and she said he wouldn't be in until the morning. Finally, exhausted, we asked her to have clean sheets delivered to the room so that we could remake the bed ourselves. Grudgingly, she obliged. The next morning, we went to speak to the manager, only to discover that there was no manager on site (even though we had been told he'd be there). However, the woman at the desk was much friendlier and she made sure that our second room was comped. It's a shame this experience overshadowed an otherwise lovely stay at a well-located, well-appointed hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

There are some nice things about this hotel like the gym, housekeeping(just don't ask them anything cuz none of them speak English) and location. But the most important thing is the safety of my grandchild. First I stayed on the sixth floor above the cement.One screen was torn 3/4's of the way across, the other had no screen at all meaning my one year old could easily fall out. Because they messed up my reser, on the second day I moved to my requested room on the 12th floor. Guess what no screens. My grandson was looking out the window and decided to go around the pillar. He caught his little head between the pillar and window sill, children who are larger than him could get their whole body stuck. The pool is nice and clean but if your child is not 3ft. bring swimmies or they have to sit on the step only. There are no activities for the kids or playground equip.to play on, not even on the garden floor (looked like they were only growing mulch).The breakfasts were boring and no kids meals. The prices were pretty high,cost me 13.00 for one drink at night, no entertainment so why so high? Oh yeah the business center was nice...so if you are adults only it will be a good hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mombeege123
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

This was our second time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. We chose to stay at this hotel again due to its location and costs. Though there are hotels that are closer to the Inner Harbor (where there is the most to do) the high costs of those hotels were enough to deter me from staying there. From Hilton Garden Inn, you are about a 15-20 minute walk to Fells Point and Inner Harbor, or a $5-7 taxi ride. Conveniently, there is a 24 hr CVS, and a Whole Foods around the corner of the hotel.

As for the hotel itself, it is an above average hotel. Nothing may particularly leave you in awe about this hotel, but it is definitely nicer than some hotels which I've paid more for. The room we stayed at is a standard room, but most importantly, I have no complaints about the room's cleanliness. The facilities and the complimentary wifi were the highlights of this hotel. I believe the gym is a privately owned gym but guests are allowed complimentary access; that is why it is much nicer than your typical hotel gyms.

Due to extra company this time, we booked a room with 2 beds instead of 1 King. We were slightly disappointed though that the rooms do not offer queen size double beds. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and look forward to it again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends