“Audio tour in useless, but great fun!”

Historic Ships in Baltimore
Book In Advance
More Info
US$92.97*
and up
Spirit of Baltimore Dinner Cruise with Buffet
Ranked #12 of 247 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Ships in Baltimore is home port to USS Constellation, the last all-sail warship built by the US Navy, the submarine USS Torsk which sank the last two enemy combatants of WWII, USGC Cutter Taney, the last surviving vessel to witness the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, 7 December 1941, Lightship 116 Chesapeake, which marked the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay and the Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse. The museum is open daily from 10:00am to 4:30pm. Tickets may be purchased on-line or at our ticket locations on Pier 1, Pier 3 or on board the USCGC Taney.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

All the ships were great to walk through and see, but the audio tour thing was really useless. It was more of a random conversation between characters than useful information. Good thing it was free! Watch out for the diesel fuel smell in the submarine, it stayed in my coat until I got home to wash it a week later. Great price, check them all out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"below deck"
"watch your head"
in 16 reviews
"seven foot knoll lighthouse"
in 14 reviews
"water taxi"
"submarine"
in 313 reviews

Reviewed 7 November 2013

In my personal opinion, my above stated title says it all about this historic USA naval war ship related to the civil war. I did the self-directed tour instead of using a tape recorded machine available for free usage with ones paid admission. Even helped with the firing of a canyon under the watchful eye of a paid staff member. Safety was done during this whole process and the actual use of this gun explained to the six of us hepling out.

Took 45 minutes to tour this ship from top to bottom. Numerous displays on hand plus easy to read instructions on what each display was all about.

One needs to be aware that the celings are very low and watch the steps in getting around. This is truly understandable because of the nature of this site.

Also gave a Canadian perspective on the civil war as Canada did have direct plus indirect involvement in this American internal conflict.

Tour guide was respectful plus attending people on what I had to say here. Tour guilde has sub experience, was an experienced volunteer with this organizzation and had a degree in US history. He was able to support my comments that I was asserting here doing this ship tour.

Good tour for any history buffs here!!!!!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We visited all four ships. When we visited there was a AAA discount. It is not mentioned on the website. The ships are spread out on different piers so be prepared to do a lot of walking, if you decide to visit them all. Unfortunately the lighthouse was not open the day we visited and we did not find out until we got all the way out there. It is the farthest away from everything, so ask when you buy your tickets if it is open. The ships were all interesting but they definitely need some restoration. You have to park in parking garages because there is no place else to park. The garages are expensive. There is bathrooms at the Constellation museum, and I found an outside entrance to the Aquarium bathroom for the ladies room anyways. There is other things to do in the area as well, you can take boat tours or rent dragon paddle boats in the summer anyways. There are a few restaurants around the piers to eat including a Hard Rock Cafe.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We only went on the Constellation. It was very nice, we really enjoyed touring around the boat. We would have done more but we have two very small children so one boat was enough for the baby. Very interesting and informative.