“Best railroad museum”

Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum
Ranked #8 of 234 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the site of the oldest railroad station in America, this museum traces the development of trains and features a huge collection of railroad memorabilia, a model railroad and an operating replica of the very first locomotive, The Tom Thumb, which was built here.
Syracuse, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best railroad museum”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've been to railroad museums across the country and this is the most informative and interesting I've experienced. Not just for "train nuts" like me. People of all ages, including plenty of kids, were enjoying the exhibits. An outstanding industrial history lesson.

Visited June 2014

Ashburn, Virginia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Excellent excursion for all ages”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

So much to see and do for adults and children.
We have been to many RR museums, but this one is better equipped, better laid out, and better maintained than most.
The HUGE vintage roundtable building is bigger than most entire museums. It houses dozens of locomotives, carriages, and other RR stock. Excellent walking tour and guided tour of civil war/RR history. We had not heard this history elsewhere.
Roundhouse is climate controlled, so great in any weather. Has activities for kids. Outside the roundhouse,see model railroads, kids playground, picnic area. Take the train ride (20 minutes).
Also visit rolling stock and Smithsonian sponsored exhibits.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank roadwarrior96
Apollo Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My conference booked this locations for our evening reception and we were all pleasantly surprised. The building itself was very pretty and the history and exhibitions definitely kept our interest. I'm glad we went there because it's not something I would have normally gone to on my own but I'm glad I did.

Visited April 2014
Brooklyn, New York
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Wonderful museum that kids and adults will like”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is indeed a wonderful museum that kids as well as adults will like. It is full of railroad related history. Some trains you can only see, and some trains are allowed to be climbed onto. You can get inside some of the trains and pretend to be a train operator :-) There are also small model trains located outside that you can start by press of a button. Whenever you're in Baltimore area, I highly recommend visiting this place.

Visited May 2014
�����
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Trains trains and more trains”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was fun walking through the trains and we even took a ride on one. This is the B&O Railroad from the Monopoly board.

Visited July 2013