“Nice zoo and great children's zoo area.”
Review of The Maryland Zoo

The Maryland Zoo
Ranked #22 of 245 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors meet more than 1,500 animals including chimpanzees, elephants, leopards and warthogs as they journey on an African safari, groom goats in the Farmyard, explore the winding trails through the Lyn P. Myerhoff Maryland Wilderness and watch the polar bears swim next to you at the underwater viewing window. Plus, don't miss the new, award winning Penguin Coast exhibit featuring the most successful breeding colony of endangered African penguins in North America.
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We brought our two girls age 4 and 7 to the Maryland Zoo. It is one of the old style zoos in an urban park. It was clean. Parking was free. The exhibits were nice. The animals were interesting. The Children's Zoo area was really interesting for the kids. They enjoyed exploring the different environment from the bog, to the cave and then ended in the petting zoo area. A return visit is going to happen here.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"okapi"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I used to frequent the Baltimore Zoo often as a child but the last time I went as an adult (last year), the Zoo seemed a little sad and run down to me. We have taken our toddler to the National Zoo in D.C. several times over the past year and we just prefer it to the Baltimore version, at least for the little kids. It's smaller, free, and seems cleaner to me.

1  Thank sollycat
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Went with my husband, mom, siblings, and best friend and her daughter. Great exhibits and cute rides for the kids. We spent 4 hours there and didn't even finish. Good Times, but ticket prices are a little high by about 5 bucks.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

They charge a lot for so little. The National zoo is so close, why not go there? For free.

1  Thank HolmesHolmes