“My new favorite place to stay. Can't wait to return!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Henderson's Wharf

Inn at Henderson's Wharf
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Huntsville, Alabama
“My new favorite place to stay. Can't wait to return!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I went for his medical school reunion. We arrived early and the hotel was very gracious and had a room ready. The room was unique, so comforable and charming. Our room overlooked the harbor and sail boats. It was quiet and romantic. We were greated warmly and given a bottle of wine. We were within walking distance to shops and restaurants and a short water taxi ride to Inner Habor and other sites. If your are looking for a unique place to stay with charm, beautiful view of the water,romance and comfort this is the place. I now know why tripadvisor lists at the number 1 place to stay. I will always stay there when I go to Baltimore.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room-beautiful!!!
5 Thank whoddat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I travel to Baltimore several times a year. This time we decided to splurge and try Henderson's Wharf Inn. The price of the room with tax was over $300 for a "cobblestone view" (think street) but it had gotten good reviews so we decided to go for it. The room was nice but you had to keep the blinds shut to keep passersby from looking in. This made it seem rather cave like. Our next surprise came when we returned from a late dinner to find that the TV control did not work. After a long wait--the sign said the desk clerk was away helping other customers who I guess were having problems as well--the clerk returned. She came to the room but couldn't fix the problem so we were stuck with CNBC all night. The next morning we awoke to discover there was only one bath robe in the closet, not enough bath towels for the both of us and a coffee maker but only decaf coffee. In desperation, I got dressed and trooped down to the continental breakfast area to get some coffee. It turned out to be barely warm. We complained to the desk clerk when we checked out but she said there was nothing she could do. Only the manager could help us and he was out of town for two days. I asked to have the manager call. That was almost a week ago. I am not holding my breath.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank wakefantwo
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Inn at Henderson's Wharf, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear Wakefantwo,

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your stay at our Inn. Our mission is to provide our guests with an outstanding experience through exceptional service and well appointed guest rooms. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues which you faced.

I have discussed the matter with the entire staff, as I take all of our guest's comments seriously. Engineering has since rectified the problem which you explained regarding your television, but I am also working with them to ensure that these issues do not arise in the future.

Our rates are extremely competitive with all hotels in Baltimore, and can be seen as a great value with the complimentary parking, deluxe continental breakfast, and free bottle of wine. Our rates do range depending on our availability. We do have rooms which face the harbor as well as the garden for those guests which do not prefer to face the cobblestones.

We take tremendous pride in our breakfast, as we receive many compliments due to the freshness and quality of our offerings. I am sorry for the cold coffee. We replace it regularly throughout the course of the day as we offer coffee service 24/7. I have brought this issue to the attention of the breakfast staff, as this is entirely unacceptable.

I have recently taken the position as hotel manager at the Inn. Outstanding service as well as impeccable accommodations are of utmost priority to me. I apologize that your message was not relayed to me, as I insist on responding to our guests in an urgent fashion. Again, thank you for your time. We truly regret that your stay was less than satisfactory.

Brett Henry
Danville, Callifornia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed in Baltimore to visit Gettysburg and see a baseball game at Camden Yards. The hotel was convenient to the freeway, and the water taxi to downtown was a treat. We were surprised by the beauty of Baltimore's inner harbor, and we would have missed it had we stayed closer to downtown. The hotel staff were wonderful, and the room was large and inexpensive. Parking was free and nearby. The continental breakfast (included in the price) was excellent. The surrounding area of Fells Point is interesting, plus it offered many and varied opportunities for dining. We enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a harbor view
3 Thank TByrom
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Henderson's Wharf frequently since our son was studying at Johns Hopkins. We've stayed in many luxury hotels, and Henderson's Wharf compares favorably with all of them at a fraction of the price. The rooms are luxurious, comfortable, and spotless. The staff is friendly. The location on the harbor is great. The free continental breakfast is much better than the typical free breakfast. Plus, internet access and parking are free. This is almost unheard of at a hotel of this quality. I can't recommend Henderson's Wharf enough.

1 Thank lisadworkin
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

Came to see two Yankee games at Camden Yards. Nice hotel with continental breakfast included that would be much nicer if they had more than three tables in which to sit and eat. Had to take food and drink back to room. A complimentary bottle of wine at check-in is a nice touch. Everything about the room is top notch. Very close to bars and restaurants of Fell's Point. Would stay again if I could get a better rate.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PPB_Tony
Princeton,NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

This was the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel. The previous experiences were good, which is why I returned. This time, a couple of plumbing issues were a damper on an otherwise great stay. The hotel management were seriously concerned about the issues, took immediate action and gave us a more than generous compensation for the inconvenience.
No-one is perfect. The prompt action and care shown is all you can ask when *stuff* happens.
We will be back.

Incidentally, watch out for very high tides, when the parking lot can flood. Water came up to the bottom of the wheel rims on our car that night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorthSouth
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

We loved it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most amazing beautiful room, wonderful front desk hotel workers and best of all wonderful breakfast. This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The location is amazing, about a 5-10 minute drive from the aquarium. I can not say enough about the Henderson's Warf Inn. We hope to come back very soon!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family