“Great hotel”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton during a conference. I arrived on a Sunday and they had a heavy turnover from the night before so I couldn't get in until after 4pm. My room was very neat and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel connects via skywalk to the conference center which is very convenient. Its a scenic 15 minute walk or so to the Inner Harbor. It is also right next to Camden Yards which is a great convenience for baseball lovers. The hotel does not offer free internet which was a pricey inconvenience. I recommend drinking at the Diamond Tavern which is also part of the hotel but across the street. Although nice, the main hotel bar is quite expensive ($13 for a glass of wine). Overall this is a nice hotel in a great location of downtown Baltimore.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry you were not able to check in earlier than 4:00 pm and we appreciate your understanding about the heavy turn on rooms and we also appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. Having a great hotel facility is important, but even more important to us is your recognition of our pleasant, friendly staff who clearly is the soul of our hotel.

As you mentioned our location is second to none; as the Hilton Baltimore is the closest full service hotel located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Stadium (Home of the Ravens). The Hilton Baltimore has direct and the only enclosed hotel connection to the Baltimore Convention Center, a short distance to 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and many other attractions. In addition, we have both Charm City Circulator stop at the entrance of the hotel as well as the MARC Light Rail stop that brings and takes you to Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Unfortunately, the Hilton Baltimore just isn't up to the standards of the Hilton flag, primarily due to easy housekeeping and maintenance issues. Housekeeping had a knack of not being able to get things right. Every day, there was some sort of issue. Instead of the standard three bath towels, housekeeping wouldn't replenish the one that was used. Another day, no bath mat towel. Another day one disposable coffee cup and the next day two cups but only one lid. Light bulbs burnt out. Tub not draining properly. C'mon, Hilton Baltimore, this is easy stuff and you should be able to get it right without depending on guests to call housekeeping and maintenance to help keep your standards up. I won't be surprised if the hotel responds to this comment and says, "If you had let us know during your staff, we would have corrected these problems, blah, blah, blah." Hilton Baltimore staff, why don't you just do your jobs right to begin with and sweat the small things? If I ever have another group meeting in Baltimore, I won't be staying at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank StinkyHotelsBeware
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Baltimore. We would like to express our most sincere appreciation for providing us with your feedback.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you encountered some opportunities during your recent stay with us, and I appreciate the feedback in regards to Housekeeping and maintenance items missing in your room. We take full responsibility and please note that we reviewed your comments amongst our management team to better serve our guests in the future. Our Housekeeping, Maintenance and overall hotel team work really hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and we pride ourselves of rectifying any issues as our main goal is our guest satisfaction. I have sent you a separate communication thru Trip Advisor and I truly hope you gave us the opportunity to show you the great service that our hotel and team members are capable of delivering

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Baltimore. I look forward to hearing from you in near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my two kids; we were on a college tour. The room we stayed in was nice and clean, the staff were very helpful and the location was great. You could walk across the street to the Inner Harbor or walk a bit more to little Italy where we had a nice dinner at a small Italian restaurant recommended by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your positive feedback, and are excited that you along with many others, have recognized our clean hotel, friendly team and convenient location.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here for business. Perfect location. No need for a car, I was able to walk to everything I wanted to see. Walked to the Harbor, restaurants and shops. The gym had an amazing view of the ballpark. Room was small, but adequate for my needs. The hotel was clean and I experienced good service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel from Sunday to Wednesday for a large conference. We found the hotel room very dusty (to the point that we had allergies from the dust) and the general maintence of the place was just not up to snuff for a $300 a night room. Electrical plugs didn't work. The cleaning staff gave us two towels instead of four, they didn't replace the glasses and left dirty linens on the bed after "cleaning" our room. The jacuzzi in the pool room was broken and the serving staff in their only restaurant were terrible. Not sure where we would stay if there was a next time but I doubt it would be at this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1403 which had a great view of the stadium.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank OffTheBeatenPath_1
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was a nice hotel in the down town area. It was cold when we stayed here, but I'll bet its a great adventure in the summer. Near many fun attactions.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

You can't beat the location - right next to Camden, easy walk to Inner Harbor. The room was well appointed and comfortable. I did not like the room doors. I know hotel doors have to "self close" to secure the room, etc., and they are generally loud, but these room doors sound like the earth is shaking around you. I could hear them from rooms far away. Also, cleaning staff only gave me decaf coffee 2 days in a row, and left the tissue box empty 2 days in a row. Room service (dinner) was slow, overpriced and marginal. So...it was an okay property at a great location, but I'll pick a different place next time.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business