“Baltimore Hilton”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. I feel it is too expensive. I would have appricated an in room refridgerator as I was there for a week. I was not infomred whether or not this was availble. I am not happy with the service for the breakfast prior to our counferences bc they started breaking down the breakfast 30 mintues early.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We do have refrigerators available to our guests upon request. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns regarding breakfast service will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,696)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

A Good overall experience at the Hilton Downtown Baltimore. A+ for location. Convenient location-near the convention center, near Inner Harbor, next door to Oriels Stadium. The rooms are nice, clean. Large sleeping area with desk, chair, flat screen TVs. Comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Alternative blanket if the down comforter is too warm. Nice smaller single room bathroom with one sink and a smaller shower/tub combo. I found the water pressure in showers to be weak. The hot water in showers also seemed limited, but if you turn it all up you can get it hot enough.

I didn't like that they put a hold on my credit card for the entire amount, even though my company was paying for the room. This locked up the use of my credit card until it could be released for other purchases.

I had a quick checkin process around 5pm and got right into my room. I had a short wait during the check in process, however twice I came down into the lobby at 6pm and again later 8pm there were long long lines waiting to check in. Seems like they don't have enough staff to process arriving guests at those times.

Staff seemed friendly enough especially the bell hops and taxi attendants. Overall it is a good convention center. The food and service were good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chowa-Rides-Again

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad that you liked our convenient location and that your room was comfortable and spacious. We apologize for the hold placed on your credit card at check in. We will review your comments with our Front Office team. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed for two days and was very impressed with the overall cleanliness and comfort. I just sank into the pillows and slept like a log! The staff were friendly, attentive and we liked the restaurant so much that we dined there both nights. A great menu and wonderful staff. I highly recommend the scallops and crab bisque! All in all a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Davina C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our food and beverage offerings. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Yes, the Baltimore Hilton is very modern, clean, convenient, etc..... BUT, what was remarkable (and surprising) was the staff! From arrival to departure, at every level, every individual was professional, sincere and, most important, genuinely HAPPY to do their jobs.
My sister-in-law and I spent 6 nights at the hotel while participating in the February ACC craft show at the convention center. Having a walkway directly to the hotel was so convenient, we literally had EVERY meal and beverage at the hotel -- why go out? Why put on a coat or pay for a taxi? We met and became friends with each server, bartender and maid that we encountered. We even met the head of HR and one of the Sales Managers. I stopped them and raved about their staff. They were thrilled and very proud.
We jotted down as many names as we could so that we could praise them. Apologies to the ones we left out. There were so many!
Thank you Korri, Carlos and Hashim for the great Cosmopolitans and jokes. Thanks Kevin, Charlene, Hassan and Aaron for great restaurant service. Thanks Kevin (I think) for helping get our boxes across the walkway to my booth.
On the last day, at breakfast, Charlene gave me a hat that she crocheted!!! She said, "Oh, I was so worried that you had left".
What a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our hotel. It truly sounds like you had a terrific time staying with us and really enjoyed our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team. Thank you for recognizing so many of our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at this location for 2 consecutive weeks for business purposes, March 2014. The weather was terrible-single digit temps and 2 snow storms. The view of Orioles Park at Camden Yards made it so much better! From the 4th floor well appointed gym, the view is spectacular. Even in the cold and snow, I had to step out onto the balcony to gaze at the stadium. (Odd numbered rooms have stadium views.). The hotel was clean, non-smoking, and quiet. Room service was prompt and friendly. Food served in the hotel restaurant, The Diamond Grill, was unimpressive, and service was poor. There are plenty of good choices for restaurants either within walking distance or a short drive. Several restaurants provide transportation to and from the hotel, and the concierge was most helpful in making those arrangements. In nice weather, it would be a lovely walk to the Inner Harbor and other points of interest, and of course, take in an O's game!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the ball park. The gym/pool are on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10 each time they visit our property. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and restaurant offerings.
Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Baltimore, hope to serve you again in the future

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was attending a conference so I spent a lot of time in and around the hotel. The room was comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was only one restaurant in the hotel, which wasn't enough for a crowded hotel (when people don't have the time to head outside). I would have also liked some type of coffee shop in the hotel. A short walk to the Inner Harbor, its attractions, and restaurants. Easy access on and off the highway into and out of the city.

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. We are delighted you had such a great experience. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been trying to plan a meeting with the Hilton Baltimore since the end of January. The sales staff was extremely helpful and finalized my meeting contract in a timely manner. As soon as the sales rep handed me over to the event staff, all help came to a dead stop. I have called every single event manager in the hotel at least 3 times a week for the past two weeks and have heard nothing back. I have yet to receive confirmation if the 30+ guests I have scheduled to arrive next week have a hotel room to stay in. I am extremely disappointed and quite stressed that this entire trip will be a bust.

I plan LOTS of meetings and this has been the worst service I have ever deal with. I do not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Beth L

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.