“You can almost throw out the first pitch”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Location, location, location.
What a nice property, in a nice location. You are immediately across from Camden Yards, and attached to the convention center. You are a few blocks away from the harbor excitement and some of the best restaurants in the area.
The rooms are small, unless you get upgraded, and the concierge level room is a great gathering place, since you can actually watch live baseball while having a cocktail or beer, and feel as if you have a box seat to the game.
The personnel are courteous, friendly and professional, and the cleaning staff keep work really hard to insure that all is taken care of.
The only reason I gave it a rating of average is the lack of security in the lobby, which sometimes gives you some concern about the rest of the hotel.
While waiting in the lobby for some guests, I was approached twice by seedy looking people who asked for some handout. Next to my sitting area was a mother with 5 siblings, and I can see that she immediately pulled them closer to her.
I believe that the visibility of a security person in the lobby would prevent panhandlers from coming in and would also give some sense of comfort to those that are in fact guests of the hotel. Other than that concern, there was nothing I can find wrong with my stay.

Room Tip: Facing the Camden Yards, higher floors...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways increase our security presence and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. The next time you are in area, please consider staying with us again.

Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Baltimore

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Hilton Baltimore is a very nice hotel with a convenient urban location in Baltimore. My room was very nice with a great view of the field at Camden Yards. Restaurants, municipal facilities and many tourist attractions are within a short walk. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the work station was very functional. The hotel service was exceptional. The only negative is that they obviously believe cold is better. I stay in a large number of hotels in a large number of cities, and this hotel can boast of having the most air-conditioned common areas of any hotel I have ever visited. A blast of cold air will greet you when the door is opened for you, and it won't get any warmer. My room, which had the thermostat set at 64f, was fortunately adjustable. The same apparently couldn't be said for any other space. HHonor guests have access to an executive lounge at this facility, but during my stay the bar was not operated during the posted hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback. I will review your comments with our staff. We sincerely apologize the Executive Lounge bar was not operating during your recent visit.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Baltimore.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for one night while we were visiting for an O's game. A bit on the upper end of the budget, but worth the location and amenities. Nice room, great ballpark views. Had a small problem, but the staff was very accommodating and offered us timely assistance. Wish we could have stayed longer. Ate breakfast buffet at the hotel, pretty good. Didn't get to enjoy many of the other amenities. Only a few blocks from the inner harbor.

Room Tip: If you're interested in baseball, get a ballpark room view. Otherwise, any upper floor boasts ni...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that our staff provided exceptional service during your time with us. We hope your next stay with us will be a problem free experience.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hilton downtown Baltimore is in the ideal location. My room overlooked Camden Yards and I could see the entire outfield from my desk. Less than a 15 minute walk I was at the inner harbor with incredible restaurants to serve any taste or price range. If I wanted to stay closer to the hotel, there were more than enough sports bars within 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Coastie001

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Got this through priceline where it was rated a 3.5 star hotel. In my opinion, this should really be a 4 star hotel.

We arrived a little late (7ish) so at check-in we were assigned a room with 2 double beds. I was a little upset over that since I wanted a King. However - I know that with priceline - you really can't stipulate the exact room you want. I think that the person behind the desk picked up on my disappointment and graciously offered us complimentary breakfast. I thought that this was really nice because he really could have just said "tough luck buster - that's what you get for going through priceline". So I really appreciated that!

The hotel lobby was beautiful, the hallways and rooms were beautiful as well. The beds were very comfortable and they had very comfortable pillows.

My only complaint was with the A/C. It just had to run continuously and it never seemed to get the room to the level of coolness I was hoping for (only reason for a rating of 4 instead of 5).

I also have to agree with some other peoples comments on the absurdity of charging for wifi. And I read the manager's comments that it's "competitive with other similar hotels". Come On!! You are flat-out blatantly fleecing people. I would have loved to be able to use my notepad while in my room but I'm not about to pay the outrageous price for internet service. Come on - it's 2014... this isn't a novelty. This should be offered free of charge to your guests.

Parking! They charge $28/night for self park. A little steep! I parked at the garage at 5 North Paca Street (a short 5-block walk) and paid $9/night.

So the hotel was very nice and EVERY employee that I had contact with was super-friendly

Room Tip: Park at 5 North Paca St.... save the $$$
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you sharing your kind words about your stay. We are very happy that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel, and that our staff was friendly and very competent.We hope you were able to explore the nearby location with many shops, restaurants and local attractions.
Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Close to Inner Harbor, which was great for a Sunday morning run this hotel is well located for many attractions in Baltimore's Inner Harbor area. Though we did not attend a baseball game, we watched two from the suite at the end of our hall (see photo). We were attending a conference and the service was great. The breakfasts were ordinary but the lunches and dinners were creative and tasty. A lot of activity is a pleasant walk away.

Room Tip: If you choose a room overlooking the ballpark, bring a set of binoculars. The games were televised...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hansonest

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing a great review of your recent business trip to Baltimore. I'm glad you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient. We do get quite a bit of families staying with us and they do enjoy the amenities that you experience. Our staff is always eager to share our local knowledge and point visitors in the right direction. Hope to have to back again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me begin with saying I have two June girls and my oldest turns 16 so I planned a trip for the two of us to Cancun, Mexico for her Sweet 16 birthday present from me her mum. My little one was turning 9 in the beginning of the month so I had to think of something that would be just as special to her as Cancun would be to her big sister. We decided to play tourist in our own city. She chose the Hilton Baltimore because they had a pool and it was close to Camden Yards. Once the reservation was made I spoke to Ms. Shiretta at the concierge and asked if there was any way I could have our room decorated for my daughter as a surprise upon her arrival. She was more than accommodating she was excited to help. Plans were put in place and I arrived to the hotel earlier on check in day because I work at the University of MD Medical Center which is only two blocks away from the hotel and I brought all of the decorations and Ms. Shiretta took it from there.

My daughter was totally surprised, the room was turned into a Frozen wonderland from Disney's movie Frozen. We were on the 14th floor with a spectacular view of the ballpark at Camden Yards and it tied well with another surprise for my daughter - that night she would see the O's up close and personal with tickets to that night's game. We had access to the executive lounge so continental breakfast was a great option for us Saturday morning before enjoying the pool. Everywhere we went in the hotel the staff knew who my daughter was and made sure to wish her a happy birthday. Sheretta checked in with me Saturday evening after sight seeing and such to make sure we were enjoying our stay and to see if there was anything I needed. That night we watched game two of the O's vs A's series from the 4th floor terrace of the hotel. It was such a great view we felt like we were back in the ballpark ourselves. Upon checkout on Sunday we were able to leave our luggage at the bellhop and caught the Charm City Circular downtown to have brunch at Miss Shirley's. We were gone for several hours and when we returned our bags were waiting for us no problem.

After reading several reviews on this property I was a little scared our visit wouldn't turn out so great and that my daughter's weekend get away would pale in comparison to her sister's trip but I had nothing to worry about. If you are planning a trip to Baltimore don't hesitate to make the Hilton Baltimore your hotel of choice. Now with two weeks till Cancun all I can say is that I hope that stay can live up to this great weekend, thanks to the wonderful staff at the Hilton Baltimore: Ms. Sheretta in concierge, Ms. Kim at the front desk, and Ms. Arkasha in housekeeping. We had such a wonderful trip I'm planning on bringing both of my girls back to have one last hoorah for the Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 38latoyat

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to give a review. It is great to hear your comments about our staff. Thank you as well for the five star rating about our service, cleanliness, and location. I am delighted that Shiretta truly went above and beyond to make your stay memorable.
We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Best Regards.