“Can't beat the location for sports”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Cleveland, Ohio
“Can't beat the location for sports”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our first stop in a 2 week trip. We choose this hotel because it is pet friendly and the closet you can get to Camden Yards. We had a ball park view, that was 3rd base line and could clearly see the outfield. As a bonus, it was fireworks nite, and it.. was... AWESOME!!! We could see all of the fireworks from our room. The room was spacious and very clean, couldn't tell it was a "pet room". Only down side was the shower drained slowly, but that's an easy fix. The food menu at the lounge was small, but there's another lounge across the street. Apparently it is the one that provides the room service. The pizza was very large, and tasted great as well. There is grass right across the street to walk the dog which is a huge plus for us..

Room Tip: Spend the couple of bucks and get a ball park view if schedule permits.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank your for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Baltimore. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Location, location, location.
What a nice property, in a nice location. You are immediately across from Camden Yards, and attached to the convention center. You are a few blocks away from the harbor excitement and some of the best restaurants in the area.
The rooms are small, unless you get upgraded, and the concierge level room is a great gathering place, since you can actually watch live baseball while having a cocktail or beer, and feel as if you have a box seat to the game.
The personnel are courteous, friendly and professional, and the cleaning staff keep work really hard to insure that all is taken care of.
The only reason I gave it a rating of average is the lack of security in the lobby, which sometimes gives you some concern about the rest of the hotel.
While waiting in the lobby for some guests, I was approached twice by seedy looking people who asked for some handout. Next to my sitting area was a mother with 5 siblings, and I can see that she immediately pulled them closer to her.
I believe that the visibility of a security person in the lobby would prevent panhandlers from coming in and would also give some sense of comfort to those that are in fact guests of the hotel. Other than that concern, there was nothing I can find wrong with my stay.

Room Tip: Facing the Camden Yards, higher floors...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways increase our security presence and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. The next time you are in area, please consider staying with us again.

Best regards.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Hilton Baltimore is a very nice hotel with a convenient urban location in Baltimore. My room was very nice with a great view of the field at Camden Yards. Restaurants, municipal facilities and many tourist attractions are within a short walk. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the work station was very functional. The hotel service was exceptional. The only negative is that they obviously believe cold is better. I stay in a large number of hotels in a large number of cities, and this hotel can boast of having the most air-conditioned common areas of any hotel I have ever visited. A blast of cold air will greet you when the door is opened for you, and it won't get any warmer. My room, which had the thermostat set at 64f, was fortunately adjustable. The same apparently couldn't be said for any other space. HHonor guests have access to an executive lounge at this facility, but during my stay the bar was not operated during the posted hours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback. I will review your comments with our staff. We sincerely apologize the Executive Lounge bar was not operating during your recent visit.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Baltimore.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for one night while we were visiting for an O's game. A bit on the upper end of the budget, but worth the location and amenities. Nice room, great ballpark views. Had a small problem, but the staff was very accommodating and offered us timely assistance. Wish we could have stayed longer. Ate breakfast buffet at the hotel, pretty good. Didn't get to enjoy many of the other amenities. Only a few blocks from the inner harbor.

Room Tip: If you're interested in baseball, get a ballpark room view. Otherwise, any upper floor boasts ni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that our staff provided exceptional service during your time with us. We hope your next stay with us will be a problem free experience.

Kind regards.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hilton downtown Baltimore is in the ideal location. My room overlooked Camden Yards and I could see the entire outfield from my desk. Less than a 15 minute walk I was at the inner harbor with incredible restaurants to serve any taste or price range. If I wanted to stay closer to the hotel, there were more than enough sports bars within 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Coastie001
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

We hope to serve you again in the future.
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Got this through priceline where it was rated a 3.5 star hotel. In my opinion, this should really be a 4 star hotel.

We arrived a little late (7ish) so at check-in we were assigned a room with 2 double beds. I was a little upset over that since I wanted a King. However - I know that with priceline - you really can't stipulate the exact room you want. I think that the person behind the desk picked up on my disappointment and graciously offered us complimentary breakfast. I thought that this was really nice because he really could have just said "tough luck buster - that's what you get for going through priceline". So I really appreciated that!

The hotel lobby was beautiful, the hallways and rooms were beautiful as well. The beds were very comfortable and they had very comfortable pillows.

My only complaint was with the A/C. It just had to run continuously and it never seemed to get the room to the level of coolness I was hoping for (only reason for a rating of 4 instead of 5).

I also have to agree with some other peoples comments on the absurdity of charging for wifi. And I read the manager's comments that it's "competitive with other similar hotels". Come On!! You are flat-out blatantly fleecing people. I would have loved to be able to use my notepad while in my room but I'm not about to pay the outrageous price for internet service. Come on - it's 2014... this isn't a novelty. This should be offered free of charge to your guests.

Parking! They charge $28/night for self park. A little steep! I parked at the garage at 5 North Paca Street (a short 5-block walk) and paid $9/night.

So the hotel was very nice and EVERY employee that I had contact with was super-friendly

Room Tip: Park at 5 North Paca St.... save the $$$
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you sharing your kind words about your stay. We are very happy that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel, and that our staff was friendly and very competent.We hope you were able to explore the nearby location with many shops, restaurants and local attractions.
Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Close to Inner Harbor, which was great for a Sunday morning run this hotel is well located for many attractions in Baltimore's Inner Harbor area. Though we did not attend a baseball game, we watched two from the suite at the end of our hall (see photo). We were attending a conference and the service was great. The breakfasts were ordinary but the lunches and dinners were creative and tasty. A lot of activity is a pleasant walk away.

Room Tip: If you choose a room overlooking the ballpark, bring a set of binoculars. The games were televised...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hansonest
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing a great review of your recent business trip to Baltimore. I'm glad you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient. We do get quite a bit of families staying with us and they do enjoy the amenities that you experience. Our staff is always eager to share our local knowledge and point visitors in the right direction. Hope to have to back again soon.