“A bit shabby”

Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Tallahassee, Florida
“A bit shabby”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If you need to be close to the convention center, this hotel is good. Ask for a room overlooking Camden Yards, otherwise the views aren't so hot. The furnishings were a bit scratched up and the carpet in my room needed to be replaced or perhaps a good shampooing. The staff was just so-so. In fact, one morning my room service breakfast was delivered by a woman who didn't even offer a "good morning" but rather proceeded to explain that the tip was NOT included despite what the room service menu indicated. Tips by intimidation just don't work for me, ya know? It's not true, by the way, tips are included in most room service charges, sometimes called "service charges" or simply a gratuity. Always ask! The hotel restaurant is pretty good for a quick bite. Overall, I'm not sure I'd stay here if it weren't for business. Baltimore is just not that safe a town. Yet.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to know that on this occasion that we did not meet your expectations for a flawless In Room dining experience and for this I offer my sincerest apologies. I will forward the feedback to our Food and Beverage department.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Korean first
Lutherville, Maryland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There is no better place to stay downtown when going to a Ravens or Orioles game. The club floor is especially important to try to get, as the lounge is well-stocked and the staff is very friendly. The restaurants I would skip - too many better places within walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the club floor, if possible. Also - the rooms with balcony views of Camden Yards a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ebrotman
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read about your beautiful stay and its convenience and location for your Baltimore sports visit. If your travels bring you back to Charm City, we will look forward to your return. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Springfield IL
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Selected this property for its proximity to the convention center, to which it is attached by a 4-seasons walkway. It is also adjacent to Camden Yards, where our group held its opening reception. It is relatively new, as are most tourist venues in that part of Baltimore and a manageable walk to the U S Constitution and aquarium.

The staff were friendly and capable throughout, from reception to check out. Being there just a day short of a week, we experienced nothing but helpfulness - even though the property was packed to the gills with folks attending our convention.

We'd have selected the Four Seasons, but that was a cab ride from the venue. For our purposes, this was serviceable and more than acceptable.

Room Tip: South facing rooms face the ball park, and have excellent views, some with balconies. The executive...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.
Houston, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Being connected to the convention center is a plus, but this Hilton has some shortfalls that may make a business trip more difficult especially if you need quality internet connectivity. The staff is very friendly and the in-room dining (if needed) is prompt.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Sincerely
Lakefield, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Normally, I wait until my visit is complete at the Hotel I am staying at to write my review. I am disappointed that I was not accommodated. For this reason I am writing my review while staying at the Hotel. We are here for the Brony Con convention for three nights. We arrived last night. I want to say, thedoor man was great, he assisted us with our luggage and was very personable. When the reservation was made I asked for two double beds on a high floor. This is where the disappointment began...we were given a room on the 7th floor with a view of Oriole stadium with a king size bed. I asked if we could change rooms the next day and was told a note was put on our room and we would be notified if a room became available the next day. At the time of check in I asked if we could be given an upgrade as we are members of the loyalty programme. I was told the Hotel was sold out and we could not be upgraded. Nor was I offered any type of complimentary service/meal to compensate other then being given a view of the stadium. Which for me did very little to compensate. Continental breakfast would have satisfied me. Day 2, I went to the front desk to ask if a room was available and was told, I had to come to the front desk early in the morning to make my request, if I wanted to move to a room with two double beds. Why was I told I would be notified the night before? Today I am told it is my responsibility to ask? Overall, the room is clean. You cannot hear the noise in the room next to you. Day 2 came back to the room and there were no bath towels, which means the Hotel does not have enough towels to accommodate the hotel when it is booked solid. There are not enough elevators when the Hotel is booked. We have had to take the stairs, there was no room on the elevator after at least five elevators came to our floor. The same for taking an elevator to our room we had to wait more then ten minutes before we could take an elevator that had enough room to allow us to get on.
All I was looking for was some type of compensation for not receiving a room on a high floor with two double beds ie. complimentary continental breakfast. I hope the Hotel management learns from this and looks for small ways to make a loyal customer happy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with your room type and will work with our team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This Hilton is typical of many convention hotels. It is relatively new in appearance and the lobby is attractive and open. The front desk staff was very good. But the room was dusty and the housekeeping services were very poor. You are allocated one bath towel per person per day. If you ask for more you may - or may not - get them. On several occasions we requested towels and were told they would send them up. Only to learn that they never came. Once we asked the housekeeping staff on the floor for some towels and were told they could not do that now. The room had a lot of dust so the actual cleanliness is questionable. Did not eat at the hotel itself so cannot comment on that. Bathroom was small and cramped but otherwise acceptable. Light switch did not look like it had been cleaned in years...if ever. TV remote barely worked. Either battery dead or it was just broken. They make you log in for wifi each time after you have shut down, which is a real pain.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations for accommodations and service. Please know that your concerns regarding amenities and room cleanliness have been forwarded to the appropriate team members for further review.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you're a baseball fan, this is the hotel for you. We booked a room facing Camden Yards and the view was a baseball lover's dream. Walking home from the game took...3 minutes? Okay, 2 minutes.

Want another reason to stay here? I'm thinking. I'm thinking. I'm thinking. Not coming up with much. It's a basic convention center hotel lacking in charm and warmth. Good for the corporate crowd but not for those seeking a hotel with character. Still...there was the view of the Yards and the O's did win...now that's character!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meg46
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your Hilton Baltimore experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and our proximity to Camden Yards. Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. .If your travels bring you back to Baltimore, we will look forward to your return.

Best Regards.