“August Convention Stay”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Fantastic hotel with easy access to the convention center via the skybridge. Very good in house food; though the menu is a bit lacking, what they do have is fantastic. Wifi is reliable, if a bit bothersome to re-log into if you put your PC to sleep, but otherwise fair speed for a hotel's wifi. Rooms are well kept, supplied well, and look fantastic. Beds are comfortable, and the AC is very quiet compared to some other hotels I've stayed at. Would recommend, especially for a Convention stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Devin G
Greg B, General Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Charm City. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to for the next convention in town.

All the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed there for convention for 3 days in August. Room rate was $289 for top floor (not bad price considering the view). As a Hilton Honors member we recieved free WiFi for our stay (normally $13/day). Room had a great view of the Orioles stadium which was cool. Room was "clean" but my comfortor had a make up stain on it. No refrigerators or mini bar in room. Easy access to Convention center with sky bridge. Staff was helpful and room service was pretty quick. Room service prices really no more than eating out around the area.Parking was $40/day for Valet or $28 self park but not knowing Baltimore, it is too crazy to drive around there. Housekeeping never replaced the glasses we used for water and the windows had lip stains on them from where people obviously put their mouths looking out the window and it looked like the desk and table we ate on were never wiped down during our stay. The 18th floor Concierge food was not very good although non-alcoholic beverages were free. Check in was quick and checkout was done via email which was great. Maybe I'm old school but they just dont clean the rooms like they used to. Probably would stay there again for the same convention because of location. Can't beat the view if you get the Camden Yards side high up.

Room Tip: get rooms in middle of floor away from elevators, go high if you want a view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank litransplant
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. The next time you are in area, please consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've stayed at this property several times since the hotel opened a few years ago. I was greeted with a warm smile and conversation with members of the hotel staff. I received a standard room so it was nothing fancy. I was anticipating an upgrade per my diamond status however it didn't happen and it was not a huge deal being I was traveling alone. I like the proximity to Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles) right across the street. The gym is massive with all kinds of equipment I actually felt like I was at a regular gym and not the hotel gym (one of the biggest and best ones I've been too). Per my diamond status I had access to the club lounge which is large however with a number of people in there there was not much room and it was difficult to find a place to sit. I asked a staff member in the lounge for a cup of coffee and was rudely told they didn't have any. I was taken back by this comment. Other than that my stay was uneventful and I will be staying with them again sometime in the near future.

Restaurants and shopping are within arms reach. The Baltimore Inner Harbor is less then a five minute walk with several restaurants and shops to choose from. The Light Rail has service to and from the Airport within a block of the hotel.

I highly recommend this Hilton Baltimore if your traveling in or around the Baltimore area. You can't miss staying with Baltimore's Finest!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank randy w

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10 each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced in our executive floor lounge during your time with us. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and see to it that any and all issues you experienced are resolved for future guests of our hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend convention, and I was very impressed with how the hotel accommodated our group. Everything from the banquet food to the service to the cleanliness were very good. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful, and you can't beat the view from the 18th floor lounge overlooking the ballpark next door. My only disappointment was the lobby bar closing pretty early when there were more than 100 people who wanted to continue drinking in the bar area. Overall, this was a very nice hotel and I would definitely recommend it to others traveling to Baltimore.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nate B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our meeting and convention facilities. We hope to see you again when next in Charm City.

Regards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The property is a newer property with a great location. The Concierge lounge is a great place to watch Orioles games as the hotel has a great view of the stadium. There is a great seafood restaurant two blocks down that offers an excellent crab cake if you'd like variety.

Room Tip: Depending on your sports taste, try to get a room on the Stadium side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John T

Dear Valued Guest,

Delighted that you enjoy your stays with us while in the Baltimore area. Thank you for choosing Hilton and look forward to your next stay. (Glad you enjoy our executive floor and lounge!)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hilton from Friday, June 27 through Saturday, July 4, 2014, for the General Conference of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. I am happy to report that the members of the staff were extremely kind and quite helpful. The hotel was very clean; and the room was quite comfortable. I slept like a baby each night and felt quite secure. If my travels take me back to Baltimore, I will absolutely stay at the Hilton Baltimore.

To the managers and staff: keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over Camden Yards.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie W

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay. We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and had a great night sleep. We are thrilled that you had a good convention experience. It sounds like you had a positive stay overall and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wonderful hotel, terrific location. Easy to get to hotel, and easy to get to Inner Harbor. Best place to stay for a baseball game. Loved having a room with a view of the baseball field. Staff in concierge lounge was very helpful, and kept the room clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing a great review of your recent business trip to the Hilton Baltimore. I'm glad you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient. We do get quite a bit of business with travellers attending the local sporting events. Our staff is always eager to share our local knowledge and point guests in the right direction. Hope to have to back again soon.