“Third world track and facility”

Pimlico Race Course
Ranked #81 of 243 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: The site of the Preakness, the second leg of horseracing's Triple Crown.
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Preakness 2014
Came for Black Eyed Susan on Friday and Preakness Saturday

I always thought Aqueduct was a poor track but this place is horrendous. The owner should hide his head in shame for such a facility.

How the place is not sued for all the tripping and slipping hazards is beyond me.

Cannot see any of the tote boards as they are too small
To see from grandstand.

Unless you have seats in corporate tent in infield you'd be better off watching the Preakness from the worst OTB parlor.

Don't even get me started on parking!

1  Thank davey385

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We took a sunrise tour the week before the Preakness. The tour was free and interesting. It seemed a little rushed because they were expecting a large school group, but we still enjoyed it. We got to see the barns, the indoor paddock, the jockey lounge, etc. We also got to see some of the horses exercising on the track.

1  Thank TheBoss99
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I had a lot of fun at the wine festival, it was a very unique idea and cool experience. I would have appreciated the festival more if it was outside, since the weather was beautiful, and if there were a few more wineries. Nice time though!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Although this racetrack is world-renowned, it is incredibly seedy. It needs a serious remodeling and updating. I use a cane, but there are no handicapped elevators. I had to climb several steep sets of stairs to find my seat. However, the people of Baltimore are wonderful. Different individuals would help me up those steep steps. There is only one ladies' restroom, and it is far, far away.

There was a lot of merry partying in the infield and in the stands. Beer and Black-Eyed Susans galore!

The view of the track was poor. I got only a glimpse of the Preakness as the horses rushed past, but I hit the exacta and won $311,41. How cool is that?

Despite the delapidated condition of Pimlico and the lack of handicapped facilities, I had a great time and want to return to see the Preakness again.

1  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This track is borderline, the parking is horrible, the video screens are impossible to view in the preferred seating areas and you cannot view the track when the horses run. The sound system is poor..I keep going back because it is The Preakness!