Hostelling International - Baltimore
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$151
US$134
US$195
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
  • Pool
All reviewspancake battergreat kitchencommon roomtop bunkquiet hoursfree circulator buslocation is greatinner harborfree breakfastmin walklate at nightlight railplace to staynight stayevery morningclean roomsdorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When I entered Hostel International in Baltimore, I thought I was in New York in a down-to-Earth laid-back Brooklyn pad. I've stayed at other New York hostels but none have come close to how great it feels to walk up to the front door at 17 W. Mulberry St in Baltimore, MD. I actually smile when I'm walking up to the hostel after I've been out and about in the city. The staff have been the best; like a family. I've been here about six days and generally it has been my experience, that people/staff let down their guard and the true colors shine through, but not at Hostel International of Baltimore. The people working here are well informed and quick to help you find whatever you need or direct you wherever you want to go in the area. They make suggestions as to what you can do on a daily basis. There is a chart in house of things to do from yoga in the park to bar crawls and free museums. A few people staying at the hostel have played on the baby grand piano, yep they have one of those too. There is a game room. Also, the World Cup was playing on the TV so you know everyone was siked1 The energy in this place is great because there are people from all over the world coming into the US to stay at the hostel for one night or many days. I have met some interesting people. I might add that one night, It was a little warm in the room and yet that was a quick fix, one of the hostel patrons just told the staff and they cooled things down. I like the fact that I can have FREE breakfast every morning between 7:30 and 10:30. Today, I made peanut butter pancakes with organic strawberry preserves on top. Yesterday was oatmeal with blueberries. Also, I bought my own food from the local grocery store and stored my food in the frig. There is a washer and dryer on the premises. The staff is on the cleaning routine like clockwork so there is no issue with tidiness here :) Oh one more thing, you can stay in a coed room if you don't want to stay in an all female/male room. This place is the best hostel I have ever stayed at ever!!! The next time you are planing a trip to Baltimore, MD, don't forget to check out Hostel International Baltimore. This hostel exceeded my expectations! Peace

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 19 June 2014

But I guess thats not a bad thing. Even though they own the hostelling market the price is fair.

The staff are ok, one young dude with a beard was nice to talk to... the rest were helpful enough.

Location is great, 15mins walk from harbour, 20 to sports stadiums.

Wifi is pretty good.

The bedrooms are spacious but the beds are dated and the bunks are creaky as hell.

Common room is great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rickwouldnt
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed in numerous hostels and this one is great- comfortable, clean living space with high ceilings and nice old style finishing, well appointed kitchen and the dorms clean and bright. Laundry facilities on site was a plus.

Nice staff and a good neighbourhood- walking distance to Inner Harbour and stadiums with free buses all round plus bars/restaurants galore.

I did find the 12 person Dorm less than ideal but the other Dorms are great.

Big shout out to Kelly and staff for their hard work keeping the place spotless!

Room Tip: Room 3 and 4 coed rooms are my preference
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The accommodation was very clean and the people were quite helpful and friendly. I don't usually stay at hostels but this was very encouraging for me for future hostels. I was surprised that the hostel was so organized and felt like a home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank runningdevendra
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I just completed a 5-night stay at the Baltimore Hostel located conveniently on Mulberry Street, less than a mile from the "Inner Harbor" area. I was able to easily walk from the hostel to the conference center where I needed to be each day. I was in the female dorm room which also had showers and bathroom in the room. There are also showers on the main hallway. Overall, this was a great place to stay. It is better to come home to a place where you can sit in the living room, play the piano, cook some food, and have a conversation with fellow travelers. As with any hostel experience, it is best to go in with an open mind and understanding that everyone is on a different schedule. I was so grateful that I could check-in late at night when my flight arrived. The others in the room were very kind, even though it was after "lights out". I would definitely stay here again; you cannot beat the value, location, conversation or the PANCAKES!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business