“Annual anniversary visit”
Review of Pier 5 Hotel

Pier 5 Hotel
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Pier 5 was a lovely hotel! The staff was friendly. The room was clean however there was a socket in the bathroom that was malfunctioning. This sounds silly but the towels were very rough. Considering we just slept there it was a nice place. The free bottle of wine was a nice touch, since it was our anniversary!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Glenmoorelove, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Anniversary. We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience while staying at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned you absolutely loved your room except for the fact that one of the bathroom electrical sockets seemed to be malfunctioning. We have passed this information along to our engineering department so they can investigate and determine what the issue is.

Guest comfort is of the utmost importance to us. We relayed your comments about our towels feeling rough to our housekeeping team. We'll see what can be done about this. We're delighted to hear you appreciated the free bottle of wine that we gave to you. We understand that it's the small things that can really make a great experience even more memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It truly means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a nice review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you both back soon!

There are newer reviews for Pier 5 Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel 11/13 for one night for my boyfriend's birthday. I purchased a groupon and got a pretty good deal. Kevin checked us in and he was phenomenal!!! Very upbeat, friendly and he informed us that we were upgraded to the tradewinds suite. The room was absolutely gorgeous! It was the size of 3 rooms... I was super impressed. Then they had crabby hour downstairs where they give you wine and food ... Which was a very nice touch. I absolutely loved the hotel, loved Kevin at the front desk and the location was perfect! We will be back again!!!!! Thank you so much for everything!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Lacey A, we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your boyfriend's birthday, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a phenomenal review. We are thrilled to hear that both you and your boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed staying at our property.

Our Tradewinds Suite is one of our favorites! We agree that its large size is definitely impressive. We're glad that you loved our Crabby Hour. We know patrons enjoy the event and get a kick out of our demonstration. What guests don't realize is that we're having just as much fun conducting the event as you probably have watching it!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to write a spectacular review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we can't wait till your next visit!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for work, yes it is expensive, but I would stay again for a romantic get-a-way because you are right in the heart of Baltimore, lots to do, walk everywhere. The staff was so nice and helpful and the room was clean with a great view. Would def come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

chefsuzyq08, thank you for writing a great review and, we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We couldn't be happier to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel.

Our location is definitely perfect for romantic get-aways. The beautiful views of the harbor and bountiful attractions make for a definite fun-filled trip. From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how spectacular our staff was. We're lucky to have such wonderful people working with us. We'll certainly let them know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a nice review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future stay at our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we can't wait to see you back soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was there for a wedding last March and was able to get the wedding discount but even with that, my stay still cost me a pretty penny (even with 5 people squeezed in a room). I guess it is true when they say, "location, location, location". The hotel IS in a great location, next to the aquarium and across the street from the power plant and within walking distance of everything else, but you do pay for it.

The service we received was great. I was put in charge of taking care of that end and I was very impressed on how accommodating they were especially for that crazy weekend. Even though, we were given a king size bed instead of 2 queens as promised, they were helpful in giving us two cots and lots of pillows and blankets.

My complaints about the hotel is bring yourself a cooler because our room (and all that $$$ you spend) had NO REFRIGERATOR. We had no place to store our perishable snacks. Another crack had to do with their excellent location. With only so much space there, a fitness/pool center is not available. They do offer you a free pass to a gym within walking distance but if you have kids, I am sure it can be quite a hassle. The gym is great (i took a few classes there) and I recommend everyone going there since you do technically pay for it.

I did enjoy my few nights stay and I would stay there again but not by my own choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

trvlgirl1217, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a nice review. We're glad to hear that you loved our location and felt that the service that you received was great.

We're constantly told by numerous people how prime our location is. Being so close to the aquarium and all the other wonderful things Inner Harbor has to offer is definitely a huge attraction to our property.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how amazing our staff was. We're very fortunate to have such thoughtful people working with us. They always try to ensure that everything is perfect for our guests. We'll definitely let them know of all the kind things you had to say.

We have forwarded your comments about the lack of a refrigerator onto our management team. We want to apologize for this inconvenience.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate it when patrons take the time out of their day to write a kind review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Excellent stay, Wonderful staff, Beautiful rooms which were generously sized and utterly relaxing.~ The bonus was the Incredible relaxing views of the marina. Can't wait to return! Thank you all for the superb service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

aherberg, thank you for writing a phenomenal review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are extremely thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how wonderful out staff was. We are very fortunate to have such incredible people working with us. They really do go out of their way to ensure that everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll make sure to pass along your kind comments to them.

Hands down, our harbor view rooms offer an awe-inspiring display of the harbor. If you love looking out across the water, our harbor view rooms are definitely for you!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we can't wait to see you back soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

loved the chocolate in the afternoon, loved that it's close to everything, loved that manager responds to every concern himself and loved that they have fantasy suites i haven't seen but just to know they're there is a plus. They gave free wine the last time but i left that behind. I left a lot behind about this place. Just try to get a table in the restaurants affiliated with this hotel even give them your room number, they'll still make you wait and if you tell the hotel, they'll make excuses for the restaurant the restaurant didn't make for itself. Sad, could be such a memorable property in a good way with just the littlest bit of internal coordination. Not here.

Room Tip: i was here more than once and they seemed to give me the same room so consistency doesn't help i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

rufkdlk, we want to thank you for leaving a great review and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our property. We're happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how much you enjoyed our Chocolate Event. You wouldn't be the first person to tell us this! We receive a lot of positive comments about this activity. In addition to our Chocolate Event, we also hold a Crabby Hour in our lobby. We love being able to offer some fun and tasty entertainment for our guests that doesn't require them to walk very far to get to!

While reading over your comments, we also noticed how you had some issues at the restaurants in our hotel. Please know that we do not own or manage these restaurants and although they are located in our building, they are essentially a different entity. We plan to pass your feedback onto their management team.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a nice review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I first came across Pier 5 back in July for a reunion trip to meet up with old friends and let me tell you that I was so impressed with this hotel, I booked another stay to attend the Fell's Point Festival in October. Prior to my stay, the hotel staff contacted me and made sure I was well prepared for my trip and if I needed anything during my upcoming stay to please let them know...this also includes a great call I got from their Hotel Concierge, Josh Sandkuhler, who also works at the Henderson's Wharf in Baltimore (Pier 5 sister property). Josh was excellent and made sure that I was all set for my trip and confirmed all details. Upon arrival my friend and I were surprised with a room upgrade and a great bottle of wine. This set the tone for the whole weekend and what a weekend we had. The Fell's Point Festival was great!! I "THANK" Pier 5 over and over again for always being so great with me and my friends and treating me as if I was part of the Pier 5 family. There is never a wait time whenever I need something for my room or otherwise. The rooms are spacious, the staff are more than accommodating and the overall services is phenomenal. There is no other place I would rather stay than at Pier 5 when in Baltimore.

I want to "thank" Terrence, Kevin and Morgan at Pier 5 for always greeting me with a smile and always ready to assist me with anything I need. As for Josh, Hotel Concierge, I HIGHLY recommend for anyone to contact him as if you want to feel pampered like you would if you were in Vegas, than Josh is the man to do it. I kept telling him, he belongs in Vegas, because he knows how to make a guest feel so special while staying at any of the Ascend/Choice Hotel properties in Baltimore.

Pier 5 has a dedicated guest in me for life! ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Denise R, thank you for writing a fabulous review and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our property. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that we are your hotel of choice whenever you visit Baltimore.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned many amazing members of our staff. We are extremely fortunate to have such wonderful people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure that everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll be sure to let Josh, Terrence, Kevin, Morgan and the others know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you! We also LOVE the pictures that you added to your review. Thank you for taking and sharing them!

We look forward to your next trip to see us!