“Loved the Place”

Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just stayed here over the weekend so the experience is fresh in my mind. Let's see if I can add value.

1) The good:
- Location, location, location!!!
- The lobby is very hip and I loved the feel of the atrium. All rooms are entered from the main corridor.
- Attached to the hotel are two excellent restaurants.
- My room: I stayed in room 309. It had very high ceilings and was larger than most hotel rooms. I loved the decor and the view was amazing!!!. My suggestion is to ask for a harbor view room on the third floor.
- Check out is 12PM. For a vacationer that was a plus.
- If you valet park your car, they will let you load your bags into the car and then keep your car parked in valet until you are ready to leave for the day. This was an amazing perk; but something I would expect for $38 per day parking.

2) The not so good:
- We had to wait until 4PM to check into our room on a Sunday and were not allowed into our room even 1 minute earlier. The way this hotel keeps your luggage and personal belongings while you wait for your room is not very organized and is not that secure since the luggage is behind the desk but left out in the open. This is an accident waiting to happen.
- We stayed two nights and they forgot to clean our room. At least they gave us free breakfast as a way of saying sorry. However, management must address this problem since I read that others have also had a problem with housekeeping.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the harbor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

jrman66, thank you for leaving a nice review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are very glad to hear that overall, you had an enjoyable time at our location.

It's great to know you loved our location. We're definitely close to all the fun things to do and see around Inner Harbor! Having 2 amazing restaurants in our hotel is certainly a huge plus for our guests. You're never too far from a delicious dining experience!

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned a few things that concerned you. We plan to bring them up at our next team meeting. In addition to this, we want to again apologize for our housekeeping department forgetting to attend to your room.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We can't wait to see you back!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a fantastic experience at Pier 5. A beautiful hotel with great customer service. My family (me, husband, daughters ages 6 and almost 2) stayed there this past weekend. We had the aquarium package one night, and another package the last two nights. The room was fantastic and accommodated a pack and play, and roll-away bed just fine. We were very comfortable. The breakfast was great. So worth the extra money to get the package! It was so easy to just come down, eat, and be on our way! There was a wide variety of items, including gluten free yogurt for my gluten intolerant husband, along with beautiful fresh fruit. The aquarium package was good- VIP tickets are great because you don't have a long wait to purchase them. The location is perfect for visiting the aquarium, or really anything in the inner harbor.

My only complaint is when I made the reservation they said that it would be easy to purchase an additional aquarium ticket, but they did not have any. They told us to wait for the manager, and we did sitting right by the desk in the lobby. But the manager never approached us and eventually I went up to him and ask, to be informed they did not have any. And they told us the wrong time that the aquarium opened. Minor things, but those details mattered to us.

We would definitely stay there again and loved the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

laura_happy, thank you for writing a nice review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are happy to hear that overall, you had a great experience at our property.

From reading over your review, we saw your comments about what happened with the extra aquarium tickets. We want to sincerely apologize for this. We've made sure to bring this up in our next team meeting to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a nice Hotel with an excellent location in downtown Baltimore. Rooms were nice, and the chocolate buffet on the Saturday night was awesome.
Only wished they had a breakfast included, but there are some great little places to eat not too far from the hotel...just lazy in the mornings to take a walk down the block. The other thing that was kind of so-so, was the rollaway bed that we requested for our room, it was kinda sagging in the middle. Other than that quite a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from any of the rooms really.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Nimesh S, thank you for staying with us during your time in Baltimore, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving feedback from your recent visit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel.

We've made sure to pass along your comments to our management team. We're always looking to improve the guest experience, and will definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Thank you. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just stayed at the Pier 5 Hotel this weekend and had a wonderful experience. The people working the front desk were the most pleasant I have encountered in years. I loved the decor - such a welcome change from the standard hotel design. One negative comment - the housekeeping staff needs to be reminded that people might still be sleeping at 9 am on a Sunday morning and should keep the noise down. I thought there was a party going on outside our room! I also agree about the $9.95 charge for hotel amenities - never got a clear explanation what they were.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the housekeeping room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Barbara W, thank you for writing a phenomenal review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We couldn't be happier to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how helpful and accommodating members of our team were. We are very fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. They really do go out of their way to ensure everything is always perfect for our guests. We'll make sure to let everyone know of all the kind things you had to say.

We read your comments about our housekeeping staff, and we plan on addressing what you mentioned at our next meeting. We've also passed along the information that you felt our Hotel Service Fee wasn't clearly explained enough. We do mention the fee on our website and list all that is included. We’ll discuss how we can be more clear about the fee and all that’s included.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel has an ideal location for both access to good food, nightlife and views of the inner harbor. Rooms are large and comfortable. At check in there was a mix up as we were given keys to a room that had not been cleaned yet. The desk did a great job of service recovery and gave us two vouchers for free breakfast for one of the two days we stayed. All was great until we checked out. We were charged for the breakfasts which the desk quickly credited. All was still good until I noticed that there was a $9.95 hotel service fee that was added to each day of our stay. When I asked what that was, it was explained that it was for such things as coffee in the room, a chocolate fountain in the afternoon (which we did not attend) and a bottle of water in the room. Here is my issue. For $250 per night, please don't charge me an extra $9.95 for a bottle of water. Either tell me at check in that you be charging me a hotel service fee ( which I would recommend against), leave the water out altogether and leave the room charge the same, or charge me $260 per night and tell me the water is free. The current process feels excessive, sneaky and does more to create bad feelings than whatever gains there are by collecting the fee.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MacShea
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Rooms are shoddy at best. No way this is a 4* hotel. Not kid friendly at all. Mattress was terrible and the sofa bed was even worse. Paid a small fortune and had a view of the air conditioning units, it was so loud we couldn't even sit on the balcony. Staff was fine but everything else was a real disappointment. You can't even charge room service to your room.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is stay so e place else.
2  Thank terry a
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We arrived at Pier 5 hotel on a Saturday night for a friends surprise 30th birthday party. We were running late on time and Assistant Manager Kevin B helped us have a speedy check-in. We were very excited to learn that Kevin gave us some Complementary breakfast Vouchers .The next morning Kevin and his staff went out of there way to help search for my missing phone. I work at one of the local Ruth's Chris Steak House's and I will definitely be tell my customers to stay at Pier 5 hotel the next time they are in the city. Thank you so much for great customer service and a great stay. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

jaime51484, thank you for staying with us during your time in Baltimore, and we'd also like to thank you for writing an incredible review. We are extremely glad to hear your friend's surprise 30th birthday party was a huge success, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at our hotel.

We realize it's the little things that can go a long way. We were more than happy to help in trying to locate your phone. We know how nerve racking it can be to lose your cell phone! We'll make sure to let Kevin and everyone else know of all the kind things you had to say.

We’re very grateful you will recommend our property to your customers. We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a wonderful review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you. We look forward to your next visit!