“Another Great Getaway!!”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Maryland
“Another Great Getaway!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pier 5 once again for a short weekend getaway. We're from Baltimore, but when we are lucky enough to get a free weekend, we like to escape to the Pier 5. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the views from the rooms. The staff is also always friendly.

If you get lucky enough to book during a concert at Pier 6, you can hear the music or catch of glimpse of the concert from the hotel. My husband and I love this hotel, and it is quiet.

The only thing I wish is that we could book one of their beautiful suites for one of our weekends away. It seems they are always booked on the weekends that we want to stay. Perhaps in the future, we will be able to book one.

Will be booking at this hotel again as always. Never disappointed with our experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
bmrgrl76, thank you for writing a spectacular review, and we'd also like to thank you for your continued patronage. We are extremely happy to hear you continue to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel!

From reading your review, we saw you mentioned you loved our location. We’re thrilled to hear our beautiful views allow you and your husband to escape for a short weekend getaway. We’ve passed along your kind words, and we’re looking forward to your next stay with us!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Shamong, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at Pier 5. The hotel was clean and close to everything in the Harbor. I would recommend this hotel if you have kids and a family. You can walk everywhere. My kids wish we made it to Crabby Hour but we got caught up at the Cheese Cake Factory. Maybe next time!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
28theresa, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very happy to hear you and your family had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

We saw in your review that you mentioned how family friendly our location is. We’re fortunate to be located within walking distance to almost everything. We hope that when you join us again you are able to make it to Crabby Hour!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I recently stayed at Pier 5 (first time) since I had an appoint in town. My room (corner room) overlooked the inner harbor opposite the national aquarium. I had a private balcony & the view was absolutely beautiful at night. My room was very large & tastefully decorated & had a small vase of fresh purple flowers in the bathroom. A deep purple accent wall behind the bed. The staff was very accommodating & the free breakfast in the morning was one of the best I've had i.e., omelette station made to order with fresh blackberries & dried apricots among other garnishes. I would definitely stay here again, no question. You're also within walking distance to all major attractions and Little Italy for great food. Also free Wifi. It was perfect.

Room Tip: A corner room plus one overlooking the Inner Harbor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Nick908, thank you for writing a spectacular review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

From reading your review, we saw how happy you were with your room accommodations. Our location allows our guests to enjoy all the Inner Harbor has to offer (including the views!) and we’re glad you loved your balcony! We’re also thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast. We will definitely pass along your comments to our team!

Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife, daughter, and I stayed for four days. The staff, specially James at the frontdesk, were great. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. We enjoyed the "Crabby Hour". The hotel was conveniently located to everything. There are shops, great restaurants, and tons of activities for everyone (yes, even for a teen!). Loved our stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a bay view. We stayed on the third floor, the ceilings were very high.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bigedlaw, thank you for writing a spectacular review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely happy to hear you and your family had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

From reading your review, we saw you mentioned our convenient location. We’re fortunate to be situated close to all that the Inner Harbor has to offer, and we’re glad you were able to experience all of the great activities around us. We also saw you commented how happy you were with James. We will definitely pass along your comments to him!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of days ago for my family's first visit to the Inner Harbor. Never again!!! Aside from the location which was conveniently steps away from the attractions we desired to visit, the rooms and serviced sucked to put it nicely. We got a room that had permanent stains on the furniture as lightly put by the front desk clerk, but appeared to be urine stains and the room smelled awfully rank. Broken window treatments, a city view room which was blocked by the outdoor HVAC units and nonchalant desk clerk were definitely not worth the $200 spent for a nights stay. Will definitely not recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank VA4losers .
The_Business_Manager, General Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear VA4Losers,

We appreciate your feedback as it pertains to your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations, and I would like to apologize.

Your experience means a great deal to us, and we will coach the team accordingly. The issue with the chair in your room has been rectified. While it was not urine, the spot has been removed.

If an upgrade to a harbor or city view is available, we can certainly offer that to any of our guests. Please contact me directly, Brett Henry, to discuss your experience and measure to make things right for you.
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night as a stop on our way to Philadelphia. We checked in on a Monday evening. Our room was very clean, and the staff was helpful. My goal in staying here was to have a good view of the harbor, and it did not disappoint. The shuttle they provide is a great way to get around the city. The only discouraging part was the hotel parking. It cost $22 for one night. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy M
Amy M, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to Philadelphia. We are extremely happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your time at our property.

We saw you mentioned our location in your review. We’re lucky to be in such a great area with beautiful views and convenient access to all that the city has to offer!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Saturday August 2, 2014 I had the pleasure of attending my cousin 30th birthday celebration. Everything was nice, especially the customer service I received from AJ. He kindly pointed me to the restroom and provided additinal information as needed. He even took the time to assist me in fanning myself since I had gotten over heated from dancing.I certainly will be back. Maybe I will give myself a party at Pier 5.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bridgettegail, thank you for writing a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience for your cousin’s birthday!

From reading your review, we saw that AJ was a stand out! We’re thrilled AJ was able to provide such spectacular service. We will certainly pass along your comments to him. We’re looking forward to your future party with us!