“Wonderful food - never disappointed”
Review of Baba's Kitchen

Baba's Kitchen
Ranked #114 of 2,035 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful food - never disappointed”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I work close to Baba's and eat lunch frequently here. The food is ALWAYS delicious. The only thing that could make Baba's better would be a larger place to fit all of the people in that have discovered this little secret! I love the veggie pocket over a bed of rice (the rice here is some of the best I've ever eaten) and the pumpkin hummus is just amazing (but only available during October).

• Visited November 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Neighborhood staple! Wonderful people.”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I've lived in the riverside area for over three years, and it would not feel like home without babas. The owner is the nicest man, the food has never disappointed, and it's BYOB. I love Babas!

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Can't believe I had never been here before!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Suggested this place for dinner tonight with my 2 sisters-in-law, after driving past it almost daily since it's opened. Finally got the chance to dine in, and was happily impressed with the food and the staff! The place is miniscule. REALLY small. We said to each other that we couldn't bring all of the girls with us, as there wouldn't be anywhere for us all to sit. All of the tables were filled when we arrived, and there were people sitting at the 4/5 person counter area waiting for their to-go order. We were able to sit at the counter once they had gotten their food. There was a line literally out the door for people getting take-out, so we figured that they must be doing something right!

Tonight, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs, but we weren't really complaining with a tab of under $50. And BYOB makes it that much better! We ordered the Medley Sampler for 3, that included Falafel, Hummus, Spanikopita, Olives & Feta, and Dolmas; The Zucchini Fries, The Lamb Kabob, Rosemary Beef, and the Mediterranean Pitza. Everything was amazing, and filling. So much so that we didn't actually get to eat the Mediterranean Pizza, we were so full! My personal faves were the Spanikopita and the Lamb Kabob. Service was friendly, and the owner and staff chatted us up throughout the evening. I can say without hesitation that we'll be back soon - I only wished they delivered!!

• Visited October 2013
baltimore
“A little gem at unbelievably reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I just love this restaurant. Fared (the owner) is friendly and uses the best and freshest ingredients to make delicious and inexpensive Middle Eastern dishes. I especially like the tabbouleh (home made), the rosemary beef, the shrimp orzo, the humus. We always end our meal with delicious Turkish coffee that Fared prepares for us.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great little spot in Fed Hill”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Baba's is one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. It is a tiny little place tucked into a converted rowhome (as many Baltimore establishments are) along Fort Ave between Federal Hill and Locust Point. There are only a few tables inside and during spring and summer a few more outside. The menu is relatively small but supplemented with an impressive range of varying specials. In addition to the seating they offer carry out dining as well. The establishment is BYOB which in my book is a huge plus.

Everything I have tried from their menu has been clearly fresh, well prepared, and delicious. The owner of the restaurant has been there nearly every time I've gone and how much he loves his establishment shows in the food and atmosphere.

I would highly recommend Baba's for a casual date night or a nice quiet place to catch up with friends.

Visited May 2013