“Best Sleep Ever - busy area, but room was Very Quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Best Sleep Ever - busy area, but room was Very Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

We got back from the wedding around midnight and the inner harbor was bouncing on the Saturday night, but our room was So Quiet... we couldn't here any of the cafes or people out on the streets below.
Staff was Excellent, Valet Parking was excellent.
An Excellent Stay and will stay again when down there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

We arrived at the Admiral Fell Inn tired and anxious as we were taking our first child to college in the area. Due to time constraints we had to have some expensive computer equipment shipped to the hotel which made me a bit nervous. However all worries melted away when we walked in and as soon as I said my name a smiling and very professional person behind the desk immediately knew who I was, had the packages in a secure place and gave them to me. Everything was uphill from there as far as feeling comfortable, relaxed, and most welcomed. Staff was helpful and friendly without being in your face pushy. It was very genuine. I loved the history of the place and the inn was clean and beautiful and the surrounding area was old and fun and full of life. Staying here made an emotional time turn into a lovely family get away. I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

It was very relaxing. The wine tasting and the ghost tour was very nice

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

In researching Inner Harbor hotels, Harbor Magic appealed to me namely because of their arrangement with MAC Wellness (stellar health club with great salt water pool complex). Initially I thought I'd prefer Pier 5, but found a better rate at the Admiral Fell. Fate was good to us. The Admiral Fell is lovely if you like historic properties--for us the location was great. Traveling without children, we enjoyed the night life in Fells Point...not touristy but friendly and fun. The hotels have a shuttle that connects the three for guests, which gives a nice free way to get around key points in the Inner Harbor. The drivers are very nice, and we waited no longer than 15 minutes for a ride. The shuttle also goes to Johns Hopkins.

The Inn itself was quiet, though, we elected for an interior room to help ensure a good night's sleep. One annoying thing was that housekeeping knocked on our door as early as 8am. When we asked them to come back, they left our door unlatched, and we were reawakened by a helpful neighbor who informed us that our door was not secured. The front desk staff (Rachel) was perfunctory.

I would not stay at Pier 5. We went in a few times to call the shuttle. The lobby is strangely decorated and oddly vacant. I don't think I ever saw anyone at the front desk. One evening we attempted to eat at their Tuscan Grill. It was about 9pm on the Sunday before Labor Day. We were ignored for several minutes until someone begrudgingly greeted us. Despite the live music and full deck, the waitress seemed to plead with another staff member to turn us away because the kitchen was closing in 30 minutes. When she was told to seat us, she threw one menu (there were two of us) on a table without word or even looking back to see if we had followed her. That set enough of a tone, and we left without ordering food. Again fate smile upon us and we ended up at Talara and had a thoroughly great experience at a place that appreciated our patronage.

All said and done, there are benefits to staying at a Harbor Magic property, but I'd suggest avoiding Pier 5. The Admiral Fell is nice but I doubt it's terribly kid friendly, nor is the location. For couples or singles, I think it's fine. FYI the Hilton Garden Inn has the same MAC benefit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Tifton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

"A class act" This hotel lived up to seventy out of town guests requirements not one complaint to the Mother of the Bride. My daughter wedding was coordinated by Christie and she took care of everything a very calm influence answered questions and help us all navigate the "out of town" wedding details. Donna the brides personal attendant provided by the hotel was extraordinary. The rooms were clean, well appointed, comfortable and spacious for a historic building. The location was great in that the guest could walk to shop, seek entertainment and lots of restaurant choices. I would like everyone to know the front desk, bell hop, and managers assisted in so many ways, they always had a pleasant attitude and smile for everyone. As guest left that weekend "Best Wedding Ever" repeated over and over. The only aside I have is street noise on rooms facing the main thoroughfare so if you need quiet ask for a room to the back of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I enjoyed the quiet, comfortable, and elegant room, but I liked stepping out the front door of the hotel to a lively city square with a variety of night life and dining options. It is a great place for special events. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Westmont, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

My family and I recently traveled to Baltimore to visit colleges with my daughter. We decided to make a mini vacation out of it and were planning to stay at the Inner Harbor. I was somewhat overwhelmed at all the hotels at the Inner Harbor and was not sure I wanted to stay so close to all the hustle and bustle. We were fortunate enough to come upon the quaint neighborhood of Fells Point, just a water taxi ride away from the Inner Harbor. There we found the Admiral Fell Inn. It was perfect. Wonderful cozy rooms, steps away from the water taxi that can take you to the Inner Harbor, Fort McHenry, and other interesting places. The Admiral Fell Inn sits right in the heart of Fells Point, an historic neighborhood with quaint shops, restaurants and bars. My whole family loved it! We'll definitely stay there the next time we head to the Baltimore area.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family