“We had an amazing night in historic Fells Point!”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“We had an amazing night in historic Fells Point!”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My wife and I have lived in the city of Baltimore for the past fifteen years and Fells Point is one of our favorite neighborhoods. We have two young children, who spent the night with their grandparents while we snuck away for a night out. It was a belated anniversary gift and we had talked about doing it for years. The Admiral Fell Inn is beautiful and perfectly located in the heart of Fells Point. When you walk in, you feel like you are walking back in time. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive in a laid back way. We had a wonderful time and plan on making it an annual trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I recently stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn for a business trip with my entire office of about 35 people. My husband and baby travelled with me.

The hotel advertises that no two rooms are alike. True, because each room is painted a completely different color of whatever cheap paint was on sale at the hardware store. My room was painted cotton candy pink. Others were neon green, purple, etc. Their was a hole in my wall. Windows were painted shut. Tiles were loose on the bathrrom floor. the carpet was stained and very dirty. The desk chair was broken. Basically, this was Motel 6 caliber for a higher price.

I called in advance to ask about a crib and rocker and was assured they'd have both waiting for me. I asked that they notifiy me if they weren't available so I could bring my own. I received no notificaion, and surprise...no rocker or crib when I got there. Upon check in, the desk clerk was incredibly rude. Borderline obnoxious. She was about 20 and clearly had her mind elsewhere, as was demonstrated when her boyfriend meandered in to ask when she could take a lunch break. This was far from the worst of it. Some of the other reviews mention how quiet it is...SO WRONG! 100% of my coworkers had problems sleeping because of the two busy streets and because of the bar that is on the backside of the hotel. That covers the 4 sides of the building, so there is no way to get away from the noise. Not only did I not sleep, but neither did my baby! Sadly, this is still not the worst of it. I was playing on the floor with my baby, in our room, when a mouse crawled out into the middle of the room and simply watched us. As my husband got near him, he didn't run. He didn't budge. Later as I walked downstairs to a work mtg, there was yet another mouse in the hall! Still not the worst part. At dinner in the hotel, one mouse was seen crawling out from the buffett table and another climbed onto the desert table! the next day, my boss reported a mouse in his room .

Yes, I understand that old buildings have mice, etc. but this was a rodent INFESTATION. More importantly, it was clear that the hotel was doing nothing about the problem and the mice clearly were not afraid of humans and had been there some time.

The one good thing I can say about this hotel is that their food was wonderful, although now I worry about the sanity of the kitchen knowing how many mice they had!

On a final note, they misquoted their parking fee by a large amount - our staff only learned the accurate fee upon checkout!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank tempi72
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2010
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our inn. I would like to deeply apologize for the shortfalls that you experienced during your time here. In no way do we tolerate the issues that you have explained.

We have a contract with Ecolab that guarantees the absence of any type of rodent activity. I have passed this information along to them. Their representative frequents our hotel each week, and we have accelerated our efforts to rectify any sign of a problem.

If you would like to further discuss this matter with me, please contact the hotel directly. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback!

Brett Henry
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The Admiral Fell in Fell's Point, a quaint area of Baltimore on the water, is a gem. The staff is so accommodating, just ask and they take care of you. We wanted to go to a movie and thought we would be late, but they called their free shuttle and we were there in plenty of time. Fell's Point is full of restaurants of all price ranges and it is a fun place to just wander and take in the ambiance of the area. The Inn is well decorated in the time period it was built. A couple of nights a week they have a wine reception.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Villasmart
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We stayed at the Admiral Hotel as it was convenient to my brother's wedding on a farm in Randallstown, MD. There was also a group rate, which was a nice incentive to stay there. Upon arrival, we were checked in quickly by very courteous and friendly front desk personnel. The room was beautiful and spotless. My dog liked it too! The Admiral Fell is pet friendly so if you plan on bringing your dog, just let them know. There is a small business center in the lobby where you can check your email, etc. which is very convenient. My husband used it and was happy it was available (it's free).

I was only in the room to change for the wedding and did not get back til late that night. The bed was huge and comfortable. I was exhausted and had a wonderful, relaxing nights sleep on that bed from heaven! The next morning, we needed a little extra time past the 12:00 p.m. checkout and it was graciously given. I had not really thought of Baltimore as a weekend destination but after staying at the Admiral Fell and having the chance to do a little walking around the area (harbor - gorgeous!), I definitely want to return!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We got back from the wedding around midnight and the inner harbor was bouncing on the Saturday night, but our room was So Quiet... we couldn't here any of the cafes or people out on the streets below.
Staff was Excellent, Valet Parking was excellent.
An Excellent Stay and will stay again when down there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We arrived at the Admiral Fell Inn tired and anxious as we were taking our first child to college in the area. Due to time constraints we had to have some expensive computer equipment shipped to the hotel which made me a bit nervous. However all worries melted away when we walked in and as soon as I said my name a smiling and very professional person behind the desk immediately knew who I was, had the packages in a secure place and gave them to me. Everything was uphill from there as far as feeling comfortable, relaxed, and most welcomed. Staff was helpful and friendly without being in your face pushy. It was very genuine. I loved the history of the place and the inn was clean and beautiful and the surrounding area was old and fun and full of life. Staying here made an emotional time turn into a lovely family get away. I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

It was very relaxing. The wine tasting and the ghost tour was very nice

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple