“Always somehow disappointing”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Inner Harbor
Cross street: Eastern Avenue
Transit: Water taxi
Description: McCormick & Schmick's prepares fresh seafood in a traditional manner with a contemporary twist. Entering our traditional-style restaurant is like being transported to an earlier age. The hand-crafted walnut wood, beveled and stained glass create a warm, sophisticated atmosphere of a private club. "Inviting dining rooms with their superb waterfront views will immediately put you in the mood for treasures of the sea....The deep selection will have you agonizing over choices" - Baltimore Magazine, April 2000 McCormick & Schmicks guarantees reservations for indoor dining only. Specific seating requests will be honored based upon availability. Outdoor seating is done on a first come, first serve basis.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We come here fairly often as we are Landry's Select members (which I highly recommend as it pays for itself within 1 restaurant visit). It's a given when we come here that it will take forever for the food to make it to our table, but usually the food is worth the wait and/or the service is polite, friendly and professional. This visit we were disappointed by the food, the service, and, of course, the long wait for the food. My Parmesan Crusted Flounder was good, but my husband's Almond Crusted Trout was soaked in butter and tasted too oily and heavy. My 11 yr old ordered the burger from the kids' menu and gave up after 3 bites because it was dry and burnt. I know for kids' burgers the restaurants cook them well-done for food safety reasons, but this burger was blackened and inedible. When we called our server over to complain and order something else, he reprimanded us for not mentioning the problem when he had come over to our table 2 minutes after our food was served. Really?!?!! My daughter probably had not even tasted the burger when he came by to ask "how is everything" or because she has been taught not to waste food, she was trying to bravely "muster on" and eat the hockey puck. He knew (which might explain his frustration and bad attitude) and we knew that ordering another burger was not an option because the rest of the family would be half way home by the time another burger made it to the table. She ended up ordering a cup of the Maryland crab soup, which M&S consistently does well. On a positive note, we had dinner outside on a beautiful summer night. Bottom line: a good seafood restaurant to go to if you have 3 hours to spend eating a meal and don't have kids.

There are newer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Baltimore

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There were some good points. The lump crab tower appetizer was delicious and attractively served. The waiter was good and actually recommended one of the less expensive wines. My cedar roasted salmon was OK, but the vegetables were oversalted, and the arugula in the small accompanying salad was wilted. My wife's halibut was overcooked, rather gummy in texture and fairly tasteless. I expected a lot more from a seafood restaurant, especially for $110. You can do much better in Baltimore.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well located on the Baltimore inner harbour, this restaurant has a nice and large collection of sea food.

I couldn't make up my mind but my main dish order for Black Grouper was misrepresented and i ended up with what i don't know but thoroughly enjoyed.The waiter felt remorseful and was going to get me my order complimentary but it wasn't necessary as i couldn't fault what i had.

it was a good dining experience worth repeating.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice menu selection and the food is good, but a little on the pricey side for the budget-conscious. Crab cakes were excellent, as was the crab soup.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent location on Baltimore's inner harbor. Extensive menu and preparation selection. The food is just ok, but pricey. So go if you want the outdoor patio and harbor views -- but you can do better at this price.