“Pass on the steak and drink a margarita”

Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Inner Harbor
Cross street: Light Street
Redfield, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pass on the steak and drink a margarita”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I visited Sullivan's because it was close to my hotel and the hotel staff HIGHLY recommended it. I wasn't impressed with the steak at all BUT the margarita was one of the BEST I've ever had. The Happy Hour in the Bar area is a little noisy if you are trying to unwind.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Valandra G

Hurricane, West Virginia
“Classy without being stuffy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I absolutely loved my experience at Sullivan's. While attending a conference in Baltimore, a group of 10 of us decided to go out to a nice dinner. We made reservations at Sullivan's and I'm so glad we did! The staff was very nice, knowledge, and playful! They made the dinner very relaxed in a fancy setting. Oh, and the food? I'm a vegetarian, so I always hesitate to go to a steakhouse. This restaurant, however, provided me with a delicious meal that was not on the menu and recommendations for appetizers that would meet my dietary specifications. Overall, I would visit again and again and again!

• Visited March 2014
Aberdeen, New Jersey
“Great Meal & Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went with my wife on 2/1/14 while on a get-away weekend. Our dinner exceeded our expectations. I had a NY strip steak and my wife had the filet mignon and they were both perfect. The side dishes were also tasty and hot. When I ordered the apple dessert the waiter apologized that they were out of that choice. He saw I was disappointed and then said that we could both order any other dessert we wanted and that they would be “on the house.” You simply can’t ask for any more than that. We have been lucky enough to eat at all of the top end steak joints including Ruth’s Chris, Bobby Flay, Morton’s and McCormick & Schmick’s and Sullivan’s was as good or better than those places.

• Visited March 2014
Wisconsin
“A Cut Above”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Sullivan's is cut out of the same mold as a host of other restaurants: Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill, Fleming's etc etc. It's pretty much if you have eaten in one you have eaten in them all. You know the formula: Expensive everything; Very good steaks, chops, etc. Huge sides; Extensive (and way over-priced wine lists); tag-teamed wait staff; and a decidedly male country club atmosphere. Frankly, it gets boring after a while. But it's usually reliable.

Sullivan's is all that but, at least on the one occasion my colleagues and I dined there, it seemed a cut above. Service was outstanding and lacked the smugness that sometimes accompanies this genre; the food was truly excellent; and the atmosphere seemed a tad more genuine.

As is usual with this type of restaurant bring your wallet and schedule your guilt-driven workout for the next morning.

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Classy and enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Sullivans is a great place for a good steak or to enjoy the live music at night. Crystal did an excellent job of service and we enjoyed the time spent there. Thanks Sullivans!

• Visited February 2014