“Overall decent hotel”

Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hempstead, New York, United States
“Overall decent hotel”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 with my boyfriend because we were attending an O's game. We only stayed for one night. The location was great, within walking distance of the stadium. We even found a parking garage across the street that was only $8/night on weekends. (I'm not sure if this was a special offer only for that weekend or if this is normal of that parking garage.)
My only complaint was the customer service. The woman working at the front desk must've been new because it took her forever to check in the two couples in front of us. Then when it came time to check us in she didn't know what to do. It was very strange, like she hadn't been trained at all. When we got to the room it was very small but clean for the most part. I didn't mind the size because we spent most of the evening out and really just needed a place to sleep. The room wasn't dirty but we did find a suspicious pill in one of the drawers. That seemed pretty sketchy. Check out was frustrating because the lobby was incredibly hot and the same woman from the day before was working, she still did not know what she was doing. So the check out process took much longer than it should've. I wouldn't have minded how long it took if she seemed more apologetic but she didn't apologize or thank us for our patience; she just acted annoyed.

Room Tip: If booking last minute and only staying for a night or two this is a great cheap hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend Orioles game and was pleasantly surprised with the Quality Inn. We had some trouble finding it at first as Google maps sent us to a similar address on the opposite end of St. Paul. We parked across the street behind the hotel and found that that was more expensive and less convinient than parking next door to the right of the hotel. The waterfront area and the ballpark were easy walks from the hotel. The breakfast area was nice but we did not stick around to eat there. Service at the front desk was polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and well appinted. The building has lots of character. The rooms are smaller than some comparable but adequate. The price was reasonable compared to others nearby- I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We arrived haveing never been to Baltimore was easy to find and within walking distance to camden yards and aquarium and inner harbor. I would def stay here again rooms are small but we only in room to sleep. As others have said I stayed on 6th floor little road noise heard. We arrived at 130am and Carl was at the front dest. You couldnt ask for a nicer person to greet you and help you with directions to destinations in the city. Thanks carl!

• Stayed September 2013
Roslyn, PA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was a little hesitant on what to expect from this hotel based on the reviews but they were the best based on all of the Baltimore hotels that I researched so I gave it a try. We were pleasantly surprised at how modern, clean and nice everything was! I loved that they are trying to be a "green" hotel and loved that it didn't like the typical hotels with the bedding and decor. The check in was fast and front desk was super nice! We stayed 2 nights and got the same front desk guy and he even remembered my name! I'm part of the choice hotel program and my name was listed on a page and hung up in the elevator!
The room was nice, clean and modern...no complaints except it would have been a huge plus if there was a fridge in the room. But we made do with the ice and a cooler in our room.
It super close to the inner harbor, only about a 10 min walk. The breakfast was way better than most other hotels, there was a large selection to pick from and didn't run out of anything except orange juice but I did see a staff checking and restocking some of the items.
There was a small parking lot next door and it's way cheaper than the other hotels I researched.... for $15 a night...it's cheaper than driving into the inner harbor and parking downtown.
Overall, I really don't have any complaints, would recommend adding fridges to the rooms but this is definitely my go to hotel whenever I visit Baltimore again!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went here for Otakon this year. The room was small and the temperature never dropped below the upper 70's, but it was very close and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good. On the list of maybes for next year!

• Stayed August 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was greeted with a friendly and quick staff. Room was small, but mostly clean. Night time staff was pleasant as well.

What ruined this trip was the morning manager. Only white guy I saw working there, and he was the biggest donkey butt. There were two waffle makers set up for breakfast. One was unplugged, and this young girl, maybe 16, said something about using it. The manager went off on her.

He was so rude and such a smart a.., that she did not know what to do. I can tell she felt like I did, "Like what is your problem, and why are you taking it out on me?"

I stepped in, cause I felt bad for the girl, and said "yes it does look like it can be used"!!! That is all I said, the guy blew his lid!!!!!

The manager said, "I know how to take care of people like you, your out of here, I am calling the cops".........

I asked to speak the GM, and the guy said "The GM is not here, I am the manager, and your out of here".

This happened in front of guest and employees. I just called the hotel, and hopefully got the GM, and told him my story. He seemed concern, and said he would take care of the situation.

Never been treated like that at any place I have ever stayed. $175 spent per night to be treated like a thug.

Very very poor customer service, and if the manager acts like that, makes you wonder about all the other things.

DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL----MUCH NICER PLACES IN THE AREA. Its worth the extra 20-30 bucks to stay somewhere nice:}!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
West Keansburg
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Booked a room with a king size bed and a rollaway directly on the Choice Hotels website. Upon checking in was given a room with a queen size bed and was told they had no more rollaways! Asked for extra blankets and pillows as one of three of us would need to sleep on the floor and they then located a rollaway. It was the saddest rollaway I've ever seen - 4 inches off of the ground and was equivalent of trying to sleep on a door! Opted for the pillows and blankets instead! The only good thing about staying here is that the parking garage across the street only cost $8 for a 24 hour time period!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family