“Pleasantly Surprised”

Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Hotel is in a great location. Hotel staff was courteous and hotel was clean. Called the night before to confirm reservation and get info @ light rail. The woman at the front desk was very helpful. Told me to take light rail from BWI to Univ/Balto St. Stop. Go up Balto to St. Paul and turn left. You will see a building that boldly says St. Paul's Plaza. Hotel is just before it on the left. Light rail was only $1.60 one way. When I left on Sunday, it was too early for light rail. The hotel called a taxi that charges a flat rate of $35. The cab arrived 15 minutes early and the driver was waiting for me in the lobby. He told me not to rush and allowed me to grab breakfast. My experience with this hotel was very positive; not sure why so many negative reviews.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank PigwithAdjectives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms are too small and the continental breakfast is just ok. While they do have the standard items, bread, eggs, coffee etc., they are not all of high quality.

My colleague got a call from someone in his room pretending to be from front desk asking for his credit card info. I got a room in which the curtains would not close and I had to request another room due to that.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here one night during the weekend of the Baltimore Running Festival. I decided to run at the last minute and this was the cheapest closest room to the start line that I could find. The woman at the front desk took a really long time to check us in and then when we got to the room, it smelled like feet. We realized that the smell was coming from the wet carpet, which was due to three drips coming from the ceiling. We went back to the lobby to let them know and this time there were two other women at the front desk who seemed a little bit more competent. They gave us a new room which was drip free. The wifi and the tv didn't work the entire time we were here, so that was a bummer. Overall the room we wound up in was clean, so it wasn't terrible, but I would probably just pay a little extra money to stay somewhere that had everything working.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate M
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel needs an upgrade as wi fi didn't work throughout the floors
the security was nonexistent and the neighborhood was rather atrocious
The only plus was the original architecture of the lobby
This hotel/motel needs a renovation especially given its proximity to the harbor

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidnZ864WF
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 September 2013

OK what can I say about thus dump.... horrible accomdations small rooms awful staff breakfast was cold and nasty I would have walked out but was with a group of people. How do they get away with such bad service,, like others have stated spend a few extra dollars and enjoy your trip.
I hope the people at quality
in read this. I travel for business and have never seen such a hell hole.

• Stayed September 2013
Hempstead, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 with my boyfriend because we were attending an O's game. We only stayed for one night. The location was great, within walking distance of the stadium. We even found a parking garage across the street that was only $8/night on weekends. (I'm not sure if this was a special offer only for that weekend or if this is normal of that parking garage.)
My only complaint was the customer service. The woman working at the front desk must've been new because it took her forever to check in the two couples in front of us. Then when it came time to check us in she didn't know what to do. It was very strange, like she hadn't been trained at all. When we got to the room it was very small but clean for the most part. I didn't mind the size because we spent most of the evening out and really just needed a place to sleep. The room wasn't dirty but we did find a suspicious pill in one of the drawers. That seemed pretty sketchy. Check out was frustrating because the lobby was incredibly hot and the same woman from the day before was working, she still did not know what she was doing. So the check out process took much longer than it should've. I wouldn't have minded how long it took if she seemed more apologetic but she didn't apologize or thank us for our patience; she just acted annoyed.

Room Tip: If booking last minute and only staying for a night or two this is a great cheap hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend Orioles game and was pleasantly surprised with the Quality Inn. We had some trouble finding it at first as Google maps sent us to a similar address on the opposite end of St. Paul. We parked across the street behind the hotel and found that that was more expensive and less convinient than parking next door to the right of the hotel. The waterfront area and the ballpark were easy walks from the hotel. The breakfast area was nice but we did not stick around to eat there. Service at the front desk was polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and well appinted. The building has lots of character. The rooms are smaller than some comparable but adequate. The price was reasonable compared to others nearby- I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013