“Rashes from the room”

Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. Not only was the maid rude and refuses to clean our room, we didn't have clean towels three nights in a row, and on top of that, the ladies I stayed with and I all have a rash that has required medication. The cleanliness is non-existent and I have never been so upset by a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 21 March 2014

When staying in Downtown Baltimore Price may be an issue we searched many of the bigger name hotels and all were way over priced until we found the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore the price was fair and was in the perfect location. We knew from the hotels website that parking is in the garage across the street and is not part of the hotel and therefore paid seperately. what we did not know at the time of booking is just how small the room was going to be. upon entering the room we found the bed with a desk at the foot and a washroom to the side and only enough room to walk arround the bed. For a one night stop over this was ok but would not have wanted to be in there for any amount of time. Our other issue was at breakfast the lady in charge of the breakfast room was not seen for some time and when we did see her she only restocked food, the tables were never wiped down and could not lean our arms on the table because of the stickyness of it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I just wanted to update my rating of this hotel from last year as again a very strong and positive review. I've decided this will be my go-to place in Baltimore. The bed linnens were soft, sparkling white and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was still great and sustained me through a busy day. The heavy marble building still fascinates me and I really get a good night's sleep here. You do not waste your money choosing this hotel. For the price, I think it is quite underappreciated. It's a smaller premises and I feel comfortable throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Everybody says to ask for an interior facing window, which I do because I usually mind street noise...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great staff, some problems with our keys, but this was fixed. Within 3 blocks of the inner harbor, but pay attention to directions, if you make a wrong turn you end up in a bad neighborhood. Very comfortable, spacious room. Breakfast was good, but not great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The downtown location can't be beat--it's convenient to practically everything. You could pay twice as much to stay at Embassy Suites one block north but this is a much better value. Room was impeccably clean, bed was fantastically comfortable and large screen TV had incredible variety of channels. High tech toilet and vessel sink were nice touches; plenty of hot water and clean towels. No facial tissues in room; asked housekeeping and was told they had run out. However, maid found the last unopened box and remembered me. Hotel phone number was "temporarily disconnected" night before stay (I wanted to ask about parking). Inexcusable!! Front desk was unstaffed 30 minutes before check-out; clerk appeared after I repeated yelled HELLO for several minutes. Explained they were attending a meeting in the back. (seems like this might be the worst possible time to schedule a meeting)? Free continental breakfast was surprisingly good and featured scrambled eggs from a mix; a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting anything more than donuts and coffee. Unfortunately, "cook" arrived 35 minutes late which interfered with my morning schedule. Overall it was a good stay at a great price and I'd stay again/recommend to friends. However, it's sad that it falls short of being a GREAT hotel on so many levels which seemingly would be easy to fix with a little effort and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Some degree of traffic noise due to its central location; a little annoying but not enough to be a d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We enjoyed our weekend at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. We had a suite that hadn't been renovated but it was roomy and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. Dinner in the French Kitchen was wonderful and the staff was very profesional and friendly. It is a beautiful old Hotel and we can't wait to stay there when it is completed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It appears this place is not very popular, so it was available for a short business trip in the middle of the week. It is right downtown, with a parking garage next door. The first room key I was given was for a room that was not yet cleaned, and did not even appear to have been vacated. This indicated a serious problem with the management record keeping process. However, upon my return to the front desk, I was escorted to another room which was completely acceptable, and as expected for a short business trip. The breakfast in the AM was not fancy but OK. The price was acceptable as it was part of a package flight-hotel-rental car cost. I did not have time to try any of the neighborhood attractions or restaurants. If I was by myself again, I might return, but if a similar cost hotel was available, I would try a different one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business