“Absolutely terrible, worst customer service”

Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely terrible, worst customer service”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

They got our room completely wrong, no extra rollaway bed, and thermostat was broken. Called the front desk to complain and was repeatedly cut off and interrupted by the N/A Darryl Lucas who was incredibly rude, threatened to hurt my physically, would not let me use the front desk phone, made very racist and rude comments to my guests/party and even called the police after hanging up on me while I was calling in about the thermostat. He kicked us out even though this was a prepaid room, paid for over a week in advance. Even the officers acknowledged that this self entitled "manager" was a nut job and clearly unfit for any line of service job. The Travelocity representative who I spoke to about a refund agreed that the hotel workers were incredibly rude to even her when she had to call in to verify the information.

Horrible hotel, horrible people, disgusting/broken areas and a staff that should be fired immediately. The only good thing about the hotel was the location as it's close to the harbor and is flanked with banks and a Walgreens.

Room Tip: Don't come here, ever.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

the worst hotel and service of the world, customer service, breakfast, front desk, overall help, etc horrible experience, please do not stay here, no one cares about you and your stay, Wi-FI horrible. I will provide some names of people that i talked to and never help, Front Desk personell Chiad, Tracy, i talked to a Hotel manager Claire Arnold? no help either

Room Tip: do not stay here at all, ever
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank wilfredog g
Millville
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room wasn't to bad; enough room for my wife & I. Issues we had; no toilet paper dispenser, mold on caulk on tub, rusty shower rod. TV channels were not what was provided in the room.
The bed...."large amount" of no idea stuff inside the bed. (doesn't look like they changed the sheets) GROSS!
No hot water in the morning; really it took as long as 5-10 min. The breakfast was OK; had a nice selection of items.
I hope they fix there vacuum; they didn't use it in the room. Items left over behind the nite stand.
Parking is next to hotel....1 nite stay; less than 24 hrs. $30
To top it off for this trip; we just got back to the room. The fire alarm goes off; telling us to leave the building. It was nice that the system worked. Bad part was that we didn't see any one from the fire department.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paulie64
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for the bar exam because of it's cheapness and proximity to the convention center.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Here's word for word what I sent them (in their very limited comment box):

"First, there were bed bugs in the room! I got bit all over my back and legs. I came for the bar exam, and instead of resting, I stayed up all night killing bugs- and have photo proof of the ones I was able to find and kill. How dare you rent out rooms that are infested with these awful bugs. It is COMPLETELY unacceptable. If that wasn’t enough, there were long hairs on two of the towels. Third, the window did not close – and the hotel’s fix was to stuff newspapers in the gap. Fourth, the wifi did not work. At all. I had to go to a cafe to do my bar prep, which I had expected to do in the room I paid for. Fifth, the “ice bucket” was filthy, sticky, and had what looked like mold growing on it.

The ONLY good thing about this hotel was the very nice front desk person."

What I didn't have character space to mention: nothing quite works/fits. The closet in my room smelled AWFUL, the door for it was kind of shoved into place and didn't work. The towels smelled like dusty must and sweat (like they hadn't really been cleaned - it's called bleach people! - and then sat on a shelf in a moist room for a while). The door to the room took several tries to get open every time. BUT WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS - THERE ARE BED BUGS, RUN AWAY.

In response to the area: the area is fine, I didn't feel unsafe as a girl walking by myself and there are plenty of food places around there. It took me 8 minutes to walk to the convention center. And there are lots of parking garages around. So run away from here, find another hotel in the area, and stay there.

Room Tip: No rooms are good rooms! There are bed bugs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Rina G
Lansdowne, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked this hotel through booking.com for my birthday and dont think ill return. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating though. We were on the 7th floor and our door was so hard to open. It stuck at the top and you had to pretty much get a running start to open it, that was a pain. Room was clean and well presented. We had food that needed to be refrigerated and were surprised to see that there was NO fridge or microwave and there was MORE than enough room for both! We had $20 worth of food that needed to refrigerated but we had to throw the food out since they did not supply the room with a fridge. We were VERY unhappy since because due to their lack of not putting one in the room, we had to throw $20 of food out. Not having a fridge or microwave in a hotel room is unacceptable and this should be taken care of immediately! Shame on them!

There was mold and water damage on the ceiling by the door and that was gross, there was a hole from the water damage too! Mold is unsafe and they need to fix this ASAP! The bathroom was fine, the sink was cool! The shower was clean but the water pressure sucked.The hairdryer was awful! I have long hair and it took this hairdryer forever to dry it! The bed was very comfy but no matter what side you slept on, you ended up in the middle because it sank. The a/c unit....gosh where to start there!?!?!? It looked like it was about to fall off the window! They had cardboard on each side of it, and it was open to the outside so you could easily put your hands outside which was not good. There was bright blue tape holding the cardboard in place....yikes! We had bugs coming into the room all night which was disgusting, we might have well been sleeping outside! Time to fix that immediately!!!

The breakfast was the worst things about the hotel and the worst Ive ever seen! We arrived late July 17th (thursday) and came down the next morning to grab some juice, yogurt and eggs around 9am and were surprised to see almost nothing! We walked right out and were not happy. Went down the next morning, the 19th, and there was only juice, sausages, 2 yogurts and syrup...at 9 again. That was it! There were a bunch more people coming in looking around, appalled that there was such a lack of food when their breakfast is until 10am. Us and the other people in there were very unhappy and pissed off. Note to hotel: If you say breakfast is until 10 am everyday...it should be FULLY stocked until 10am! No excuses!

All in all, I dont think I will return. They have a lot of work to do, a lot of cleaning and really, really need to put small fridges and microwaves in EVERY room. We feel that we deserve every cent back we paid for, for our stay. There are no excuses for any of these things! I would not recommend...stay somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Just dont stay here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveLifeAlways7
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel îs OK but there needs be a second choice.cause there are no microwave or refrigerators and bathrooms are small sick is not in bathroom also they say in guide book there's a snack machine and its not one there were no soda s in machine s it took my money, housekeeping didn't come around 1st day and people have go to front desk for towels and washcloths.only good things are free breakfast,and not far from inner harbor nice lobby area with TV there's microwave in lobby.

Room Tip: Chose king s or double room s cause queen s to small for two people to move around in, also rooms in...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cuteo1
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The rooms at the Quality Inn were nice enough. But I didn't feel completely safe walking in the vicinity of the hotel after dark. The hotel staff did not provide accurate information about how to get from the hotel to the Baltimore Convention Center. I was given a map to 100 Light Street, which is NOT the convention center. I also called the hotel the evening before I arrived to get directions from Penn Station. I was told that a cab was the best way to get there, but I learned that there is a free Charm City Circulator (Purple Line) bus that goes from Penn Station to within a block of the hotel. I would recommend that bus during the day only. The first room I was given had an air conditioning unit in the window. Cardboard had been taped to either side of the unit to cover the area where a window should be. The room was exposed to hot air and noises from outside. They did switch me to another room. The building is old and needs repairs. The elevator didn't seem reliable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo