“Great location, great value!”

Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Ranked #56 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Maine
“Great location, great value!”
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The staff was very courteous during check-in and our room was ready when we arrived (around 3:00pm). The lobby is gorgeous with big windows and comfy furniture. The room was small but pretty and very clean. Not great if you plan on spending a lot of time cooped up in the room, but perfectly comfortable for sleeping and spending a couple of hours relaxing mid-day. The heavy drapes kept out the bright lights and there was not an extensive amount of city noise during the night. The breakfast was good; cereal, bagels, fruit and yogurt. The hotel was a few short blocks from the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. A great location for the price! We utilized Express Check out which was a breeze. We were even allowed to check our bags behind the desk for the day since our flight wasn't until 9:00 that night. Once we returned to the hotel (after we were technically no longer guests mind you) to pick up our bags we were allowed to sit in the lobby and watch tv while we waited for our airport shuttle. A great value and a great stay!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Chester
Reviewed 15 September 2009

We booked this hotel on price and so were not expecting the best but were pleasantly surprised. The staff were really helpful and the location great - can walk everywhere of interest to us tourists, including the baseball game we went to.

The breakfast was yummy - much better than normal for complimentary breakfasts.

The room was Ok - clean. Quite small and a bit dark but great for one night. The shower was good and the sinks etc.. no probs.

Recommended for a cheap place to stay - not a special occasion.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I drove down to Baltimore for an overnight crab filled excursion from NY. We did not want to spend a lot of money so this place was the best place for us. We are very simple people who were looking for a bargain. Take that as the mindset when reading my review:

First, location, not in the best part of Baltimore, but certainly not the worst. I actually think I drove through the worst part of Baltimore when trying to find this place. St. Paul St turns into Light Street by Inner Harbor, so it's just a simple 10 minute walk to everything by the Harbor. We walked during the day from the hotel to the harbor with no problems. There are a lot of office building lining this block, so I felt pretty safe. However, we walked back at night and of course all of the building were closed so there wasn't as much pedestrian traffic. I didn't feel totally safe, but safe enough to walk back to the hotel. We saw several homeless people, but that's about it.

Check-in: No problem here, but of course this is on a case to case basis. We arrived on a Wednesday but we arrived at noon and they had a room for us (2pm checkin time)

Parking: There is none, and you have to pay. Good thing is that the parking garage next door is relatively safe. No problems parking my car here overnight. Also, there is no dedicated drop-off/loading area. You need to double park or park in the garage and then go check in.

Room: Like I stated earlier, we were looking to save money. We had the smallest room, but it was enough. Any longer than a couple of nights might have been too much. But, we literally only slept and showered there as we spent all of our time outside of our room.

Some minor points, they did have a safe, but it was locked. The sink was outside of the bathroom. And the towel rack was broken off. Oh well, we saved money here to spend it someplace else.

This place wasn't bad to save money, but doesn't offer some niceties. If you're looking for a full-service hotel, go someplace else. If you want to save money and stay at a safe decent hotel, then stay here.

Oh as for cleanliness, it was okay. My wife and I are very clean people and noted that this place wasn't the cleanest, but it was just ok.

These are the places we at:
Lunch: Koko's Pub (outside of Baltimore Inner Harbor area, but good crabcakes)
Dinner: L.P. Steamers
Dessert: Vaccaro's
Breakfast: Miss Shirley's

Richmond,va
Reviewed 1 September 2009

i have written a blogspot to detail our trip and the pain this place brought our family. i hope you will be smart and read this blogspot.

we had to change rooms 4 times never room ready by 2pm checkin

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My husband and I, along with another couple, reserved our rooms at the beginning of August for an overnight stay on August 29th. Reservation was for a queen size room with check in at 2pm and check out at noon on Sunday. We arrived at 2:15 Sat. 8/29 to only 1 room being ready for check in. So we checked in and allowed the other couple to hang out with us til their room was ready. About 20 min. later they called up to let us know the other room was ready, at which time I requested to be moved to another room since the security lock on the door had been busted off, and I did not feel safe enough in that area, having been asked on the way in by a homeless person for money. They said they would not to keep us side by side, I explained that was fine with us, safety was more important to us. They moved us from room 204 to room 404 which that room did not have a security lock either. They said they would need some time, so we left our numbers for them to call us at since we had already spent over an hour trying to get rooms straight, and we had other things to do than to wait longer. They called around 4pm and said they had 2 rooms side by side ready and they have upgraded us to King rooms. We were very appeciative, and returned to get the rooms and put our things away before going to the baseball game, to arrive to once again only one room being ready. Son once again we placed everyones stuff into one room, checked the room that was not ready since the cleaner was in there cleaning to make sure locks were on the doors, and they were, so rooms looked great, after another 45 min. wait we left once again with both room keys in hand. Upon arriving back to the hotel after the game at 12:20am, to a notice posted on the only elevator door "Rooms 412 and 413 (with our names) please come to the front desk. What ever happened to guest privacy. The notice was so they could inform us that they had once again switched our rooms, because someone was already occupying room 412, (keep in mind we had already inspected the room earlier and there were no ones belongings in the room) so once again we had to move all of our belongings at 12:30 in the morning to another room. So in less than 24 hours in their hotel I had 4 different rooms. Not to mention that the staff was extremely rude, after requesting to be moved so I could sleep feeling safe, and I was asked only asked a total of 4 times in less than 24 hours for money by people loitering in front of the hotel. This was the worst experience I have ever had in my many years of traveling. Oh I forgot to mention that there was also no hotel manager available for us to speak to the entire time we were there. I must sum up my rating: the rooms even though extremely small (my sons room over a one car garage is bigger than the king size room bathroom included) were very clean once they were finally ready, the service sucked, the location is bad unless you don't mind people begging for money, value was ok for when we stayed, would not think of paying a penny more for the size of the room and service received, rooms once again extremely small.

Ohio
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We just returned from a weekend in Baltimore and stayed at the Quality Inn downtown. It was great! It was clean and close to all the downtown attractions. We appreciated being able to get breakfast in the lobby in the mornings, something many downtown hotels don't include with their rate. The staff was friendly and went way beyond the call of duty! After checking out of the hotel we went to BWI via light rail to catch our flight home. Upon trying to check in at the airport, I discovered I had left my wallet (with ID) in our hotel room. With only one hour until time to board our flight, I called the hotel to check on my wallet. They checked the room and found it, however there was not enough time for me to make a round-trip from the airport to the hotel in time to catch our flight. The lady at the desk suggested that she could call a cab driver that she knew was very trustworthy and have him bring it to the airport for me. Wow! She did just that and my wallet arrived just in time for me to catch my flight home. The Quality Inn is a great place to stay with awesome, caring staff!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I can't tell you how surprised I was to see how nice this place was. One doesn't really associate Quality Inn with luxury (I don't at least), but this place really was luxurious. It's in a beautiful historical building in a great location in downtown Bmore. The lobby was really pretty, with an intricate ceiling and a nice sitting area with a big flat screen TV. The room was just as nice. Nice crown-molding on the ceiling, big wooden doors, a new, modern-styling and clean bathroom, big window (even the view kinda sucked), comfy beds, flat-screen TV, and great amenities (toothbrushes, coffee machine, shower slippers, WiFi, complimentary breakfast, etc). All-around great hotel for a great deal.

• Stayed August 2009