“Beautiful hotel & architecture.”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Beautiful hotel & architecture.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at the Monaco Baltimore for a night after Thanksgiving. Our room was very large, well decorated, modern and clean. The room had a large soaker tub, which was amazing. The view was good, but not the best. The wine hour was a nice little surprise at our arrival. Price was extremely reasonable for accommodations. The staff was very nice and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Get room with large soaker tub, great for relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear ahlong86:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.
It was great to hear you had such a great stay. We look forward to you returning soon.

Joe Pagone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Maryland
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my first stay in a Klimpton property. To start with the parking fee of $ 38 is the highest I have ever had in any city. A stay at another hotel,a few blocks away had a $20 fee.
from the valet entrance you go into the first floor then must find you way up one flight to the lobby. At check in it was not mentioned that you must use your key to access the elevator to higher floors. After being unsuccessful in moving after the doors closed,they doors reopened and a staff member who happened to be there told us to use our key and actually did it for us.
The room was very,very nice , spotlessly clean and quiet with no noise from other guests.
I was not able to find a coffee pot so in the morning I went to the lobby and found a nice set up,of coffee,teas and hot chocolate. I mentioned that I had found no coffee pot in my room and was told that I could order a Keurig at no charge. The problem with everything was that no one went out of their way to provide information,directions,give a pleasant greeting or a brief orientation to this gorgeous historic building. There is no information in the room about a coffee service or availability of a pot being provided. To me it is the service that will keep me coming back not just a nice room at a premium price. I would rather stay at the nearby Hampton Inn which is in a beautiful historic building also but had a very helpful who had many helpful restaurant suggestions.
PS a bag of potato chips in the I room pantry cost a mere $12. Stop by 7-11 instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Mine was a building and a peak of the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear califdr:

Thank you for staying with us.
I was dissapointed to read of the challenges you exerienced.
As you can see from so many other great reviews, we are know for exceptional service.
We appreciate your feedback, please know we will use it to asssist us in further improving our services.

Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This Kimpton property is spectacular! From arrival to departure, everything was better than expected. The rooms were spacious, warm, and lovely. It does take a little time to get your car from the valet, but it is worth the wait! The gorgeous lobby and the helpful staff made this stay a beautiful one!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dr.LaurieA:

Thank you for the kind words.
I will be sure to share them with our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming back very soon.

Celebration, Florida
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel, and need to say thank you for making my trip so very pleasant. I was in room 1421, which is a Mediterranean suite. With windows throughout the living and bedroom, I was given a view of the entire city. The very large bath was like my own swimming pool, and the conveniences of snacks and beverages were terrific. I used the valet service, where is first met Leo... Extremely helpful and courteous. The front desk staff were also very nice, thank you to them all. The room service was great, and when I was ill, they were kind enough to take care of me with hot tea and honey. The only let down was the house keeping. I accidentally left water in the tub( completely full) and no one thought to empty it. The card so I could order breakfast was absent. Dirty dishes were left in the room when they were obviously meant to go out. This was disappointing and was cause for me not to tip the housekeeper.

I would have given this hotel the 5 stars if it weren't for the housekeeping. I hope this review helps the management address this.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear poppingupdaisies:

Thank you for staying with us.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Pelase know we appreciate the feedback and will follow up with our team accordingly.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I always look for Kimpton properties, the quality is always outstanding and the Monaco is no exception. The location is central, the building is historic, the service is very prompt, the rooms are well-appointed. Just a note, there are not coffee pots in the room, but if you call they will bring one right up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephanie L
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Stephainie L:

Thank you for you review and for being such a big fan of Kimpton hotels.
We strive to ensure every guest has an incredible experience and I was glad to read we were sucessful in doing so. I will be sure to share this review with our entire team.

Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I just wanted to say that from pulling up to the hotel late at night, John was there waiting for me welcoming me and the family to the hotel. He then escorted us up to the lobby where Vijal took over and made sure that our stay started out right. A true professional, he pointed out the welcome amenities in the room and was there to help when we had any follow-on questions. The front office manager (Connie? I think) made sure we had a memorable stay and anytime we visit Baltimore, we will make sure to stay at our home-away-from home! Thank Hotel Monaco, for a wonderful send-off before my deployment to Afghanistan!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stevo74
Dear Stevo 74:

First of all thank you for your service!

Our team works very hard to take care of all of our guests.
I was delighted to read our team took such great care of you.
We look forward to your return please contact me direclty when you return so I can be sure to make your next stay more amazing than the first.

443-692-6761
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This place really puts the charm in charm city. I decided to plan a fun night out in Baltimore and propose to my girlfriend. I had booked a standard king suite for a Friday night and was immediately upgraded to a larger corner suite just by mentioning that I was proposing. The front desk also included a bottle of champagne and a rose, which was a very nice touch. The hotel itself awesome is an combination of historic architecture and modern luxury, with cool looking stonework and colorful furniture. We also enjoyed the complimentary wine hour and fireplace near the lobby. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who really wants to class up their stay in Baltimore. We'll definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: 5PM wine hour in the lobby is free and is a great way to start your night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Amit D:

Congratulations on your engagement!
We love to be a part of such a special occasion.
We look forward to your return. We are also a great location for weddings so please keep us in mind when you are plannign the big day.