Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
US$260
US$230
US$288
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$202
US$230
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$155
US$146
  • Breakfast included
1,738 results
All reviewswine hourmarble staircasemediterranean suitehigh ceilingswine receptionamerican brasserieyoga matraid the mini barbeautiful hotelhistoric buildingliving roomcomplimentary winerewards programsliding dooroffice buildingroom servicevalet parking
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great staff, easy check in process.Beautiful room, clean tasteful decor ,marble bathroom with every convenience. Room service was wonderful fast and food served in the hotel restaurant was very good ,healthy and fresh..
I love Kimpton Hotels and am an In Touch member., Morocco Baltimore did not disappoint.,this property is wonderful and highly recommend it when in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Upgrades available to In Touch members.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear ladady:

Thank you for staying with us.
I am glad you enjoyed everything about your stay.
I know you have many choices when traveling to Baltimore and I am grateful you chose us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love Kimpton and am an "In Touch" member, so when visiting Baltimore for a wedding, we booked five nights at the Monaco. We compared it to other Kimpton properties we've stayed at, so were disappointed with the Baltimore property. First of all, although the building is a lovely renovation of an historic building, there is no pool, outdoor space or alternative dining other than the B&O (read my separate review of that disaster). The lobby area is a little dark and not nearly as lively as other Kimptons.

We received a newspaper only the first morning and were baffled by being given a room over looking Charles Street, which is quite noisy at night (sirens, street noise). As an "In Touch" member, I assumed we'd get a better room. Bell staff are the laziest I've ever encountered. I counted how many times they left their bell stand to open the door for me - twice - in five days. Even when I left this morning, toting two huge suitcases, I had to open the doors myself. I was also turned off by the smudged doors and stains on the rug in the entry way.

While the bed itself was comfy and the air conditioning sufficiently chilly, the room was cramped. Other than the desk chair, there was no seating. Another oddity - no hotel information i.e. book or folder with lists for television stations, layout of the hotel, menus, etc....really weird - only magazines on Baltimore (helpful). Robes were super worn out and I find it strange that they don't offer slippers.

Bath is fine, big shower, nice towels, decent toiletries. Only downside is no turn down service, so if you shower late in the day, there's no re-freshing the towels.

We explored the area and have decided that if we go back to Baltimore, we would probably stay further east, either at the Four Seasons, the Marriott, the Inn at Henderson's Wharf if you must be close to the Inner Harbor - the Royal Sonesta. The North Charles St. location, while close to the Inner Harbor, lacks the feeling of a "neighborhood." It's clearly in a business district.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Charles Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dre51

Dear dre51:

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves in delivering great service and it sounds like that is not what you experienced. We are located in the center of the city which is ideal for guests looking experience all of Baltimore. The City location also does lend itself to the activity of the city however our windows are properly insulated to minimize the noise.
I do hope you continue to enjoy Kimpton hotels in your travels.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel was excellent. It was like royalty and the staff treated us as such. From driving up, to checking in, to walking into the room...all was top notch! Amazing comfortable bed, amazing marble throughout the bathroom, amazing shower, amazing decor, amazing everything. This is a MUST when traveling to Baltimore. Heck...just go for the night and enjoy total royalty.

Room Tip: Location does not matter...it's all royalty.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gail D:

Thank you for the great review. We love that we made you feel like royalty.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had to wait more than 30 mins beyond their check in time of 3 to get a room. Did not get a firm eta on when it will be available either.

The reason I was given was that the hotel is full and they had no other type of room available to do a swap either.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank aamirus1
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear aamirus1:

Thank you for staying with us.
I truly appreciate your comments. I can understand your frustration when not being able to access your room by 3:00pm. We do our very best to ensure our guests are never inconvenienced and I am sorry that you were. I would love the opportunity to learn the details so I can better adress the issue with my team and appropriately apologize to you. Should you have a moment please contact me at your convenience.

443-692-6761

Reviewed 24 May 2014

How do I (still) love thee, Baltimore Monaco? Let me tick off a couple of the ways:

Immaculate housekeeping. Understated, sophisticated decor. Fabulous architecture-- stunning marble stairs and huge, gorgeous stained glass windows. Luxurious linens. Thick, relaxing robes. Nice bath products. Plenty of charging spots (and loaner chargers!). Anything you forgot, they've got. And oh, that wine hour! (No need to leave the cozy spot by the fire-- a manager made several rounds offering refills...)

In my view however, the standout reason to keep coming back is the staff and service. We do overnights a few times a year using a discount website, but last week-- what the heck was going on in Baltimore? No Monaco discount! We hated the idea of a Plan B, but no need: Mr. Drummond, the warm and responsive reservations manager, arranged the Kimpton email promo rate (even though it was sold out), and a fabulous room.

And though we're just a random woman and her daughter, we're invariably welcomed as if we were fancy corporate regulars with fat expense accounts. My daughter checked in with the always sunny and personable desk person, who remembered and welcomed her like an old friend. Bonus points: she said, "I know your mom likes the paper first thing in the morning" and there it was-- at the door, first thing.

Warm, efficient, genuinely caring staff; great service; beautiful place. We love this hotel.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton Rewards program. Free wifi, and there's something magical about being able to "Raid the minibar"! Even the 'standard' rooms are lovely, but if you can spring for the fancier ones you may never leave-- fabulous!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear 123MacS:

Great to have you back! We love you too.
I am glad Vernon and the rest of our team took such great care of you.
There is really something to be said for the personal care our team shows to our guests.
We look forward to your returning.