“A charming experience in Charm City”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Philadelphia location, and I was happy to find a Kimpton in Baltimore. The location is a short walk to some of Baltimore's major tourist areas- Inner harbor, water taxi, Little Italy)
The valet parking, even on a week day was very smooth, quick,and efficient. Another plus, an ATM is right on premises- not every hotel has that. The lobby is beautiful. Upon walking in, it invites you to stop and admire. The check in was smooth- the staff were friendly and welcomed my husband back from sea. ( He had been on the ship for 100 Plus days) I loved our room- it was actually 2 rooms- a separate bedroom, both with flat screen TV's. I also loved the bathroom- all marble with a jacuzzi tub. Overall, the bathroom and room were very clean. The Kimpton hotel has a minibar with the usual soda and cocktails, but the snacks range from m and m's to more organic fare. And did I mention the bottle of chilled champagne in our room? Nice touch! My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner in their restaurant. The server was very nice- we ate dinner and watched Germany beat Brazil. I think to do the restaurant justice, I will write a separate review. In my opinion, a stay here is a treat;yes, the prices are city prices, but the amenities, service, and location make it worthwhile. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Dogmom11236:

Thank you for your feedack. I am glad we could make you and your husbands trip a special one.
We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here several times this year. The facility is beautifully decorated, maintaining the building's historic charm with a modern flair. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The staff was accommodating, professional and polite. We wanted to eat at the adjoining B&O Restaurant but service was horrible so we left without ordering.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Oriolezgurl:

Thank you for staying with us so frequently we truly appreciate it.
I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay. My sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced in our restaurant. Please know I will be sure to follow up with our restaurant in regards to the service. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at Monaco for one night on July 4th weekend.

Location:
Good. Very convenient. Walking distance to touristy areas. (Inner harbor, lexington market etc

Decor:
Great. Posh modern. Their living room decor is amazing with distressed look mirror fire place.
The guest room is also well furnished.

Room:
Very well furnished. High ceiling. Huge room. Nice bathroom with arty mirrors.

Amenity:
Great as usual for Kimpton Group. Took advantage of fun "Goldfish Rental" but the fish died by next morning. They might have used regular tap water for its tank. I feel bad.
Bike rental was not well thought out. They have a waiver for loss/damage of bike which is supposed to be $1200 worth. The bike was not even that good and they give you a cheap chain lock with it. It is asking to steal the bike basically in not-so-good downtown area.

Staff:
Friendly yet professional. Bellhops were pretty amazing.

Overall experience:
Very positive. I am not one for chain hotels but Kimpton has a service level of a boutique hotel.

Dear Frugalist:

Thank you for staying with us. We pride ourselves in being anythign but average.
I am glad you enjoyed our location and amenities. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel is very nicely decorated. The service is top notch. The rooms are spacious and most of all clean. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. It is located about 5 min walk from the Inner Harbor on S Charles Street. Loved the happy hour!!

Dear Boodkins:

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad your stay was "Top Notch".
We can't wait till you return!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I and our best friends stayed here from 7/3 to 7/6. It is a lovely historic hotel with great character. I upgraded our room to a room with the huge spa tub and it was as big as a small pool. The room was spacious and clean, although one day it never got cleaned. No biggie, we did ask for clean towels and trash removal and they came immediately. The wine reception hour was lovely and enjoyed by many guests. The lobby is beautiful. All of the employees were so kind and helpful. My husband and I used the bikes for hours every morning and it was a great way to see so much of the city. They do need to upgrade all of their bikes to the Kimpton bikes. They only had two of those and the other bikes they had were incredibly uncomfortable. We did have lunch in the B&O and it was very good. Eric is a great bartender. All in all, we got a great deal and this hotel exceeded our expectations. A great hotel in a great city.

Room Tip: Get the spa Mediterranean room!
1  Thank alynn

Dear alynn:

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words.
We really appreciate your feedback and will certainly use it to further improve our services.
I am glad you mentioned the bikes, we are in the process of adding additional Bikes to our fleet.
We hope you join us again soon so you can take them for a spin.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

On a 3 night stay never had more than Luke warm shower a request for more than the 2 "large" towels took a walk to the front desk after a call and an hour wait. This was a deluxe king room. I will not try this again. We have stayed in 3 Kimptons. The only real treat was the Houston ZaZa. Very disappointed

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Georgeann B:

Thank you for staying with us and for for your feedback.
I would like the opportunity to discuss this with your further.
If you have a moment please contact me.

443-692-6761

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked this reasonably priced hotel for a brief one night stay in Baltimore before driving to Ocean City. Met by the valet and entering the lobby is a thrilling experience - the marble staircase and ornate decor reminded me of the grandeur of Grand Central Station and the Library of Congress. We enjoyed a complimentary wine and light snack happy hour in a comfortable lounge with couches, and a gorgeous gas fireplace display. It was a great place to cool off and rest our feet after walking through the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Our room was just gorgeous and the shower, like one you would find in showroom or a fine resort. The only thing I wished for was a pool side to sit by as we waited for the rest of family to join us but I was completely won over by the delicious breakfast included with our stay at the B&O restaurant the next morning. We recommend this hotel - it's exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DanAmyMA:

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review.
I am glad you found the building as stunning as I do. Even after walking in everty day it still amazes me. We look forward to your return.