“Nice couple nights”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Nice couple nights”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend to enjoy the Orioles...Go O's !!! ...and to see the Aquarium and Walter's Art Gallery. The hotel was nicely located. We walked to Walter's Art Gallery but took a cab everywhere else. Usually only 5-10 bucks.The hotel is the old B&O Railroad Station which was converted so it has that time period feel to it which we enjoyed. The rooms were larger with high ceilings and the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful although we required very little. The B&O Pub was nice for a drink after dinner and for burgers after the game. Would stay again for the right price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Eagleray55:

GO O's!
Thanks for the kind words and for supporting a great team and city.
I appreciate your great feedback and will certainly share it with my team.

Joe Pagone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I was extremely nervous when booking this hotel based off of some poor reviews left here. This hotel was absolutely amazing! Upon arrival the valet checked us in and had took us up to our room with luggage. The bell man was extremely knowledgeable about the city and gave us a brief history of the hotel building on our way to our room. The rooms were very spacious with twelve foot ceilings and a up to date bathroom. Room service was prompt and everyone was professional. I want to address some reviews about location and how safe the area was. This entire block is restaurants and office buildings, normally with officers on each block patrolling. It took took just a few minutes to make the short walk to the harbor. In all this is an awesome hotel with a+ customer service. Don't miss out on one of the best hotels in the harbor area!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Walter L:

Thank you for the five star review!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our location. Our location is perfect to experience all that Charm City has to offer.

St Louis, MO
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I wasn't planning on spending the night in Baltimore a few weeks back, but suddenly at 2pm I found myself in need of a place to stay. I knew there was a Hotel Monaco nearby, and I stopped by to see if there were any rooms available. The staff were friendly and efficient, and within minutes I was in a beautiful room with large windows, rich colors, and a spotless bathroom with nice amenities. The bed was comfortable, the wireless internet was quick, and the hotel was within walking distance of both the inner harbor and the restaurants of Mount Vernon. If needed, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear merepitt:

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TA community.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

So, when my company told me we were staying here I was not overly impressed. I never heard of this hotel. What a great place! My room was huge with a GIANT bathroom! The hotel was very nice and very clean. We had a meeting here and had many meals. Meeting food is usually mediocre, this places food was quite good. My only criticism is the lack of attention to detail. Examples, breakfast wasn't always ready on time. One day they forgot napkins and silverware. In my room they never restocked my mini-bar. I never asked, but I shouldn't have to. All of these things are easily corrected.

Also

Great location - walking distance to the harbor! I would stay here again on business or pleasure and would have another meeting here if planning an event.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Chris B:

Thank you for staying with us!
I truly appreciate your detailed feedback. I will be sure to share this feedback with my team.
I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your guest room and hte hotel overall.
We hope you join us again soon!

Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved our stay at the Monaco; curbside valet service and very friendly staff at the check-in area. We were always greeted in the hallways and throughout the hotel. Beautiful room. Very pleased with our one night stay. Even had a early evening wine reception; nice atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sylvia V:

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with the TA community. Our location is really centrally located in Baltimore making it convenient to experience all that Baltimore has to offer. We look forward to your return.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The lounge is just magnificent and very cosy with a fire place. The rooms are big and well equiped. We really liked the decoration of the room. This was the best hotel of our trip. The price/quality is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Charline H:

Thank you for staying with us!
I am was happy to hear how comfortable you were staying with us.
I will be sure to share this great feedback with my team as they love to hear how happy they make our guests.

Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Pros:

-The hotel is beautiful. It's very modern and unique. I fell in love with the Tiffany windows and the see-through fireplace in the "living room."

-There are several special touches sprinkled throughout the hotel (like the coloring bags for the kids, the drinks in the "living room," the robes and the splendidly appointed mini-bar). There are, of course, animal print robes in the rooms, outlets right on the nightstand for charging your phones and you get lots and lots of pillows on those perfectly comfortable beds.

-The beds were like little clouds. All four of us slept like logs (one of the logs was sawed all night though).

-The a/c was not noisy in our room and it was the perfect temp the whole time.

-Plenty of towels were provided for us.

-The hotel clerks seemed very willing to please and accommodate us.

-The location was FAB. You're right near the convention center and the inner harbor. You can trek to a lot of cool and convenient places on foot.

-I didn't feel unsafe at any point, really. It was the first time I'd been in Baltimore and not feared for my safety. That was a major plus. Security was in the lobby and the elevators had a special thing to keep just anyone from waltzing in.

-Our room was on the 9th floor and it had great views. It was near the elevator and on a corner. We didn't hear (or see) anyone else the whole time.

Cons:

-Parking. Good Lord. The parking. You can do the valet for just over $30 OR you can park in the underground garage (which is hotter than the Seventh Level of Hell in August) for $15. IF you park on your own, you'll have to pay each time you go in and out of that garage ($9-15...EACH time). Heads up on that. Not really a big deal (especially since Baltimore has those nifty, free buses that can take you all over), but it's a pain in the tail if you have to pay a ton to come and go a bunch.

-Arrival was a bit dodgy for us. We got there at around 4:10 p.m. (an hour after check-in) and the busy clerks behind the counter were swamped (but very friendly and aware of our presence). They had to keep checking with housekeeping to see if our room was ready. Well, if check-in is at 3, then the room should be ready. Right? We eventually got into our room after about a twenty minute wait. Luckily, you guys have pristine bathrooms right near the front desk and a roaring fire and cool drinks in the living room...cuz our kids were exhausted from our long day at that point.

-I'm a total clean-hound. While our room appeared very clean, there were a few things that sort of grossed me out (please keep in mind that we had waited around extra time for housekeeping to give us the "ok" to go into our room). There was dust on the air vent. I noticed that right away. It was caked on there. Gross. The thing that REALLY grossed me out was the bathroom door. Yo...housekeeping, if you're gonna hold people up and make it longer to get into a purchased room, wipe down the inside of that door (including the door knob/hole). I'm not sure what that yellow-brown stuff was on there, but...it didn't leave my imagination quite happy. I had sanitary wipes in my suitcase, but the part that was all splattered at the bottom, well...you can take care of that. It made me wonder, too, about what else hadn't been properly wiped down...which was a bit unnerving for this gal.

Room Tip: Sign up for their Karma Rewards Program to get free wifi or else it's about $13.