“BEWARE OF SAMUEL THE NIGHT AUDITOR!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“BEWARE OF SAMUEL THE NIGHT AUDITOR!!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I experienced the worst check-in experience in my life by Samuel, the night auditor. We arrived around 12 AM on a friday night looking to check into two rooms. I had called earlier in the week and requested for my two rooms to be near each other. Once I arrived, I was told that I could not have them near each other because they were negative on rooms and did not have any more rooms. If I called ahead of time, would you not have put me with the rest of my party? What's the point of having multiple rooms if you cannot even be on the same floor? We asked Samuel if there was a liquor stores around and he told us it was a 20 minutes drive and closed at midnight. I told Samuel that I felt he was being rude to me and his response was "OH WELL..MAKE A COMPLAINT!".... I have literally never been that disrespected in my life. Samuel gave me the worst customer service. I understand we were coming in late, but no one should EVER be treated that way. He did not tell us any information about the hotel so we were left aimlessly wandering through the hotel because I did not feel comfortable talking to him anymore. I did not want to be in such a hostile situation again. We got to our rooms and went to take a shower. The floor mat was wet. One of my friends called down and asked for a new one. He brought up a bath towel and two hand towles and said "This is all we had." At this point I was completely fed up and was debating moving to the Sleep Inn next door, but decided I would give them another try in the morning. After breakfast, I spoke to the supervisor, Latisha, who was just delightful. She apologized for his actions and attitude. She really tried to make the whole situation better and I appreciate that.

I only slept at the hotel. I spent no other time there so check in was really my only experience with them. Not staying here again. And by the way, the liquor store is about 10 minutes away WALKING!!!

I hope someone contacts me about this...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sulised
Hiebaltimore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Please accept my apology for for your experience as described with this associate. We will address the concerns you have raised about this specific associate and will take the appropriate action to correct. As you also expressed, Leticia is a prime example of the attitude pervasive throughout the hotel displayed by our hotel staff..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Good location . friendly staff . bad traffic around but hey its Baltimore . rooms are average . nice lobby . I stay here often due to traveling for work. Its a lot better then a lot if the other hotels in this area.

• Stayed July 2014
Hiebaltimore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Sugar Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The is an old bank building converted to Holiday Inn Express, so most every room is different. Well designed; the windows are sealed for quiet, but it's still a city and the noises are around.

The furniture is comfortable and the rooms clean.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor room in the back for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank your for sharing your experience with us.
pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff is very friendly. The hotel is dated, but kept up well. The rooms nice and clean.
We were not that far from the harbor and all the action. We don't mind walking, so the location
was great. It was about a ten minute walk to the harbor. They have a free shuttle service, which
is a plus. James is very accommodating. It isn't in the best part of the city, but it was just fine. No problems.. We were there for the 4th of July and the fireworks were great. The free breakfast
wasn't all that bad. If you didn't like the eggs, there was cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, etc. It was
a fun vacation! By the way, there is no pool in this hotel. There is so much to do in Baltimore, you really don't need one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paula w
Hiebaltimore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate hearing from you and will make certain James is made aware of your acknowledgement of his performance.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Friendly staff, nice rooms, good breakfast and only ten minutes from the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. This is a very convenient hotel to visit Baltimore. Parking at the hotel is affordable.
We were very early and got a early check-in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmsterdamEnjoyer
Hiebaltimore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. We value your comments and look forward to your return in the future.
Mount joy
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

There were a bunch of girls (12) who stayed here this past weekend for my bachelorette party. The hotel itself is nice, horrible location. My maid of honor booked 3 rooms two months in advance for all of us to stay next to each other, that didn't happen. We got there at 2:45, check in was at 3. The rooms were not ready, we stood around for a half hour, then when they said the rooms were ready, said they weren't all on the same floor. We all came together, booked all rooms at the same time, you would think after asking to have us all together they would do so, nope. Two rooms were on the first floor and one was on the second floor. When we went into our room, it smelled like straight smoke! Why would they even have us go to that room, when it's a nonsmoking hotel? So we had our room switched, and then we were moved to the third floor! So all of us were on each separate floor, how convenient for a party that is together, not!!! It was reserved well in advance and should've made it happen.

• Stayed June 2014
Hiebaltimore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We really appreciate having the opportunity to have you visit with us and will look at ways to better manage and prepare for guest arrival and specific room assignment request during very busy times.
Dunbar
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel was frightening, it was like 8 mile. I did like the staff a lot and the room was clean. However- across the hall one night there was a prostitution party literally men were going in and out all night. The shuttle service man was great and funny. The breakfast buffet was bad, the eggs and bacon were horrible. The eggs were in water and soggy. The sausage was like a mushy dirt patty. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank HannahNanna
Thank you for your comments. Having the opportunity to address your concerns will help us to improve the hotel's service, facility and quality.