“Great hotel, clean and cheap rate!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times and each time I've been impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. The rate was just over $100 per night over a weekend in March. Complimentary breakfast is a nice perk! The gym is really tiny though, so that is one thing I think needs improvement. Convenient location to Harbor East shopping. Easy to get a cab as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leah F

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great location! It could be a better hotel if it had more than one elevator which was always so difficult to take, maybe cuz it was a busy weekend. The free breakfast offered is mediocre at best. Otherwise the staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are nice & quiet (we loved our high ceiling room!), very clean and secure. Nice architecture & interior design (it is a renovated old building). Very convenient, close to attractions. Good room service. The restaurant offers terrific sandwiches and local beer. I would recommend this hotel to a friend :)

Room Tip: Close to the harbor which is a very nice place!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was in Baltimore for a concert and looking for a hotel fairly close to the venue that also offered a microwave and refrigerator. The Fairfield Inn & Suites was a great choice. The hotel was very easy to find and I chose the $30 valet parking option over the self-pay, for a little bit more money. I had called prior to my arrival to see if it was possible to get an early check-in. I was greeted by two front desk reps with smiling faces, one in training, and was able to check-in early. I had to go back down to the lobby, as I was not given a suite as reserved; but a standard king room lacking a microwave and fridge. A quick fix and I was given the correct room category. Room #369 was clean with pleasing décor and furnishings in good condition. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of vanity space. I had a mixture of bath linens, some looked new and others a tad dingy white and showing signs of wear. The bathroom appeared to be spotless, but while in the shower I noticed shampoo or soap spills in one soap dish and the other had what looked like tiny hairs from a razor. The bed was located next to a large window which made it quite cool. Because of the frigid outdoor temperatures, I had to keep the thermostat at 75 in order to keep that area of the room warm. Each hotel staff member I came in contact with during my stay was polite and friendly. The hotel was perfectly situated for Inner Harbor activities easily within walking distance. Even with the few hiccups encountered, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here back in june for a few Redsox games. The hotel was nice however there were a lot of little issues. The staff was awesome and always helpful however issues like hot/musty hallways, slow/hot elevators (I know they save energy but still) also EXTREMELY loud maids who start cleaning rooms waayyy too early and if you don't answer their knocking within second they will just barge into your room. Yes that happened and the lady just awkwardly walked out...also you can literally hear them coming from down the hallway as they knock so loud and annouce their presence while also banging around their carts. Next, the showers had very low water pressure and the towels were sooo thin. The hotel was nice and the staff was awesome but little things like these can be fixed. Lastly, and I know this has nothing to do with the hotel but Baltimore is kind of a dirty/ scary (dangerous) city. The water in the harbor is full of trash and the workers throughout the city like those at Camden Yards were quite rude. Being from Boston I guess I'm just used to a clean beautiful city with overly friendly Fenway Park staff. Again I know this doesn't relate to this hotel but just figured I'd throw it out there.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you we pleased with the service that you recieved. I have shared your comments regarding the housekeeping staff and the temperature of the hallways with our management team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss the issues that you experienced further. I hope to see you again in Baltimore very soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Check in was very warm and efficient. The location is great for visiting the Power Plant and Harbor. Valet parking was awesome. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. I slept like a baby! The continental breakfast was as expected and well-stocked: scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, cereals, yogurt, breads and muffins, juices, a great variety of fresh fruit, etc. I highly recommend this property and would not look any further if I was returning to this area.

Room Tip: Room 487 was far from the elevators, vending, and was very quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I shared your comments with our entire team. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Affordable, Clean comfortable rooms. Formerly a brewery, restored as a hotel, interesting architecture in entrance & lobby. Word of advice don't park your vehicle on the street. The hotel is a few blocks walk to Little Italy, where we had dinner the evening of our arrival. While walking back to the hotel we noticed broken glass nearly every 50 feet, or 6th or 7th car. When we inquired with the hotel staff we were informed even their own vehicles have been vandalized. The staff confessed to having a serious issue, yet acted somewhat reserved about the matter as a whole. As much as they stated it's completely out of hand with in their words, occurrences taking place on most evenings, It was a little unsettling they weren't compelled to inform patrons of the potential risk should they not choose to valet their auto. We did valet upon arrival and were told its in a secured lot a block or two away, though not entirely immune to theft, and to take relief in the fact the hotel is insured. Now for anyone traveling by auto from out of state as we were, that's hardly a comforting thought.

What was puzzling is that it's only within a square block or so of the hotel. My guess is its someone who works at the hotel doing the vandalizing. I couldn't help after speaking with a member of their valet staff that he himself might be the culprit. He was really strange, and it seemed odd the way he kept insisting it's the guest fault for not allowing him to valet their vehicles. The hotel is very nice, and it's rooms are clean & comfortable while being extremely affordable to comparable hotels in the surrounding area.

They offer a complimentary breakfast which for anyone who's ever stated at a hotel that does can attest though welcomed isn't usually that big a deal, and for this hotel such remains the case.

I hope others whom have stayed here and appreciate the hotels value and proximity to most attractions and if aware as I am of the street parking situation would perhaps inform others who may view these reviews so as not to have any trip they may be on spoiled by that sort of thing. I hope too the hotel management team will take serious the risk associated with vandalism to its guest and address it as aggressively as need be. My recommendation is to hire a security guard to provide a level of comfort and safety that the paying public deserves.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Myron f

Thank you so much for your review. I have shared your review with the Management Team here. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously here at the hotel. We have an overnight security guard that patrols the building in its entirety. Because we do not have a parking lot (all guests are parked by our valet into a secured parking garage) the guard does not patrol the streets. We do encourage all guests of the hotel to park with us, using our valet service. As with any US major metropolitan city, there is a risk when parking on the street, from break-ins, to tickets, to towing. Baltimore is not exempt from that. I can assure you that the break-ins that have happened in the area have not been done by members of our staff or valet team. I am confident in saying that. Our close proximity to the Ballparks, museums, Inner Harbor, etc. make us a top pick for tourists exploring Baltimore. We feel good about telling our guests to feel safe walking from our hotel to Baltimore's attractions and restaurants.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback that you have given. I look forward to hopefully hosting your next stay here in Baltimore. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

All staff very friendly. Rebecca at the breakfast area kind and knowledgable.Hot breakfast with multiple cold and hot options. Made to order waffles. Rooms clean and well stocked. Bed comfy. One block to Inner Harbor.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We agree with you and think that Rebecca is great as well!! We recognized her at a recent all-employee meeting and shared your review with everyone as well. Thank you again. We hope to see you again very soon!