“Well located reliable low cost no frills option.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 21 April 2014

5-10 min walk to the heart of Inner Harbor, this hotel is just one block from little Italy which offers a few interesting small privately operated Italian restaurants. The hotel has a very simple (a bit too dark) lobby area. The breakfast room faces a little winter garden and gets more light. Basic breakfast available. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. Give preference to rooms that do not face the street as they can be noisier. If you are planning a short stay and you are on a budget, this is an interesting alternative. Be aware that right upon arrival you will be pressured to take the $30 valet parking service or leave your keys with the bell man or quickly get your car out of the way. They won't tell you but parking is much cheaper at the covered garage just across President St. Literally, a 2min walk.

Room Tip: High floor Rooms facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Schutz62
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Gave us a smaller room than we reserved, I had to ask 5 times for a pack and play, and it took 45 mins for me to get my car from the valet. We left early it was so bad and the manager (Myra) and the Asst. GM (Alissa) we're no help and seemed annoyed when I came to them with my issues. I would never stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Bmrose21
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the delays in getting the Portable Crib and your vehicle to you. We are investigating with each of the department heads to see where the challenge occurred and ensure that this does not happen to other guests.

I am also sorry that you were unhappy with the room that you received and the compensation that was offered to you by management. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales and Marketing
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just returned from spending two nights at this hotel. They offer a great free breakfast buffet. It's only a short walk to many attractions and the charm city circulator was great to take us places that were too far to walk. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Domino632
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Cute hotel only a few minutes walk from the harbor. Would stay here again. They offer breakfast in the morning and not just a continental breakfast. The room was cozy and clean. No complaints. Parking is only valet and $30.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed two nights. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were nice, except the mattresses were too soft and the room too warm (it was cold outside). My daughter was disappointed that there was no pool. The location was convenient to many nearby restaurants, the inner harbor, and Johns Hopkins.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I recently stayed here for 3 nights while traveling for work, and overall had a very good experience.

Pros:
- I got to town around 10am, and figured I'd stop by the hotel just to check my things and then walk around since I knew check in wasn't until 4pm. When I checked my bags they said since they knew I was here they'd try and get me in a room ASAP. About an hour later I was able to check in.
- This hotel is a short walk from the Inner Harbor and is much cheaper than a lot of the other hotels in the area, honestly it's a steal.
-- The hotel is located within walking distance to a lot of great restaurants in Little Italy.
- One of the girls at the front desk was extremely helpful throughout my stay (I want to say her name was Myra?)

Cons
- I ate at the hotel restaurant/bar one night when it was snowing because I didn't feel like venturing out. They were extremely short staffed and the service was terrible. I felt bad for the employees who were there running around. They were extremely apologetic. The food wasn't anything special, you're better off eating elsewhere.
- Parking is $30 a night.
- The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows are AWFUL.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

For those of you out there who have read the negative comments and are thinking twice about booking here, let me tell you - do NOT pay attention to these Negative Nancys. I stayed here for one night on March 8, 2014. The hotel is beautiful, with exposed brick from when it was a brewery. It is LEED certified, and frankly, it's spotless. The service at the front desk was professional and quick - check in/check out and valet were a breeze. The room itself was comfortable, quiet, and ridiculously clean. The bed and pillows were so clean and comfortable and the sheets smelled wonderful. The bathroom was very nice, in good shape, and spotless - I could have eaten off that bathroom floor! They even had a recycling bin in the room so I didn't have to throw my water bottles/cans, etc. in the trash. The hot breakfast in the morning was also quite good. The location of the hotel is great for tourists looking for a central location, and the deal I got on priceline.com was well below other hotels in the area of the same or lesser quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizzy8421
Travellers also viewed these Baltimore hotels
Little Italy
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!