“Good location, service needs improvement.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Ohio
“Good location, service needs improvement.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'll start by saying the valet service is second to none. This group has it together. Text them for your car, and it's there within minutes. Great in and out privileges. Never had their hands out for a tip, and always polite. The hotel location is within walking distance to the inner harbor and most attractions. The front desk needs lots of improvements. A bit lazy and not real receptive to customer service. A smile once in a while goes a long way. Rooms were clean, but my room door was broken and wouldn't lock, so that was a wait for the "engineer" to show up and fix it. The hotel in a high traffic area and even on the 4th floor, it's loud all night long! I was on the street side, so maybe the other areas of the hotel are not as loud.

Room Tip: No first floor and not street side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank E G
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. Your feedback is crucial to the success of our hotel. I am so happy that you were pleased with the service that our valet team provided. I am very sorry that you were not as impressed by the front desk staff. This is something that we take very seriously and I can assure you that this incident is being investigated and will be corrected. The satisfaction of our guest is our top priority. This is not the norm at our hotel and will be addressed. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter in further detail. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Baltimore!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was very spacious and had all the amenities that I needed. I wish that the bathroom would have had a bit more space and the shower curtain was a little longer. Other than that the room was sufficient. I liked the central location but because it was centrally located you have to valet your car. Valeting your car means making sure that allow yourself an extra fifteen minutes because traffic can slow down how long it takes to pull their car around. The only reason why I could not give my stay an excellent rating was the terrible customer service. As a Marriott rewards member I expected a little more. I called down for silverware not once but twice and after over an hour I gave up. The next day I was awakened by housekeeping knocking on my door loudly at 8:30 am and I had to yell for them to come back later. Later that morning I went to the gym and noticed that there was a sign saying they had headphones at the front desk, so I went to the front desk. Once arriving at the front desk after waiting in line for ten plus minutes the woman searched and said she didn't know where they usually store them. I then asked if they could turn on some air in the gym. The gym was a small basement gym and it got warm fairly quickly. After awhile someone from maintenance arrive and said "you are supposed to sweat in a gym". I informed him that it is normal to sweat but it is not normal to feel like you are going to pass out. While I know he was kidding after two days of less than stellar customer service I was less than impressed. I would probably stay here again if the price was right but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to others.

Green Features: I honestly would not have known they were practicing being environmentally friendly if it had not be advertised. I am not sure what was different about their practices from other hotels I have stayed in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that our service did not exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with the entire team at our hotel and we are working to tweak the specific issues that you encountered to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied in the future.

Regarding our Green Practices, there are several features that are different than the standard hotel. Just to name a few, we have solar lighting in our Great Room, our Courtyard features a "carpet" made from recycled tires and a rain barrel from one of the original beer stills from the Baltimore Brewing company, we also feature a two-flush toilet system as well which is a water-saver.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future!

Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com
TX
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I spent three nights here while visiting family. Comfort - The hotel in general and our room was very clean and comfortable. It is what you expect from a Marriott brand hotel. We have not one complaint. The staff was very friendly and professional. Location - Personally I think the location is exceptional. When we are not having to drive to locations outside of the city, we generally like to walk. Located in the Harbor East area, we found it very convenient to walk around the Inner Harbor, to Fells Point, Canton and even stretch it to Federal Hill or the Stadiums (but we are walkers). Little Italy is in your back yard and Harbor East itself has plenty to boast about (visit the Under Armour flagship Store). Amenities - To be honest I can't speak of the amenities at this hotel since the only time we spent there were mostly for sleep. I know they have a morning breakfast, but we did not try it. There is a restaurant and bar that looks inviting but again we didn't try it. There are truly SO many options in this part of Baltimore. Anyway, in a word, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freedominc98
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a night on business and it was a pleasant surprise. Clean, spacious, nicely appointed, comfortable room. Very nice bed. The crabcakes from their restaurant are among the best I've had, and I've had a lot. Self-serve breakfast is included and offers hot food as well as cereals, fruits, etc. It was more than adequate. Coffee is free all day and there is a small but well-stocked convenience store offering food and drink items as well as personal items. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is a couple of blocks from the Inner Harbor in a nice neighborhood. Convenient to Johns Hopkins as well (my destination). An excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the flag tower facing the courtyard to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a nice hotel with a nice restaurant attached. The location is great and a close walk to the Little Italy section of town. The only reason I don't give it an excellent rating is because of parking. it costs $30 a night to park. We did not pay that and parked right on the street behind the hotel which worked out great but if your nervous about that then you have to pay. The hotel Manager (Makeba) and the front desk folks were great. Makeba really went out of her way to make sure you were happy and that your stay was enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again. Oh yes the hotel was very clean as well. Thanks Makeba from CT.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John D
Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location to the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium. The walk is about 1 mile to Camden Yards. If you need to park a car, it is cheaper to park across the street from the Fairfield Inn at a place called Harbor Parking (covered). It is $18 per day max and the Fairfield Inn costs $30 for overnight plus an additional $10 if you are not out by 3:00pm. I learned that from another review and it worked out beautifully. The hotel used to be an old brewery where the flag for the Star Spangled Banner was created. The only mishap of our stay was that we were told upon check-in that breakfast would be served from 6:00am-10:00am. We arrived at 8:55 as they were closing up. After talking to someone at the front desk they reopened the kitchen for another hour. Apparently there were many people who were misinformed the previous evening and the staff served everyone who was "late". The standard king room was a decent size and comfortably fit 2 people. I would definitely stay here again. I found the best prices on Priceline.com and Booking.com

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank peace04
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed 13 nights. All employees were very helpful, kind and went beyond expectations. Restaurant/Bar very nice and great crab cakes.
Room was very clean. Hotel is in walking distance to museums, shopping and harbor
I would recommend to all family and friends. We will be back in July and will stay there. We met manager and he was happy hotel met our expectations

• Stayed May 2014