“Average Food - Great Service”

B&O American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
B&O American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: West Baltimore
Transit: Charm City Circulator, Purple route: Fayette Street stop
Description: When you inherit a space as magical as the historic former Baltimore & Ohio Railroad headquarters, you've got to do it justice. We kept our building's most stunning architectural features intact while updating the space with contemporary design elements and nostalgic touches, like chairs and table lamps from original B&O dining cars. Our practices are distinctly 21st century, though, from selecting the best local produce at the farmer's market to serving cutting-edge craft cocktails to maintaining a steadfast commitment to sustainable business practices. If only train passengers from the early 1900s had it so good!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This restaurant was conveniently located inside the hotel we were staying, so we ate a casual dinner. The service was great - they accommodated a dietary restriction, and let us know that my pizza entree had burned and would take a little longer. Sadly, the food was just average - lacking in flavor and seasoning. Overall, it was better than average hotel restaurant food, but nothing that overwhelming.

david f, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for dining with us and I am glad we were able to accomodate your dietary needs. I am excited to read that you had great service. I will speak to our new Executive Chef regarding the food lacking in flavor and seasoning. I do hope you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is gorgeous. It is in the original headquarters of the B&O Railroad. The hotel has done a nice display explaining the history of the railroad and the building. There is a very nice lobby area with a fireplace and beverages. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The valet parking staff were also helpful and friendly. We had a beautiful, large room. Very big bathroom with great toiletries. They gave us $10 off for the bar or the mini-bar. Free wi/fi. The bed and mattress were very comfortable. The only glitch was that both times I called guest services in advance to have our car brought around only to find out when we got downstairs that the messages had not actually been relayed to the valet parking. Overnight parking was a very expensive $38, but a deluxe king room was a very reasonable $152.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hotel Monaco is in the old headquarters of the B&O Railroad and it has carved up some of the spaces in this historic building very cool ways. In the case of the restaurant, it's a modern addition that is over the bar. This works well as you get the vibe of the bar without having to look at people drinking. The food is modern American and European. The wine list (and wines by the class) is fine and the ambiance is rather club like. My only issue was one of timing, each course arrived later than was ideal and often I had to flag down my server (who was racing to another table) if I had a question.

david f, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for dining with us, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atomsphere and ambiance. I appreciate the feedback regarding speed of service. We just hired a new Executive Chef who is dedicated to great food and ensuring that it gets out on time.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went to B&O American Brasserie on my last day in Baltimore for lunch. I ordered the cobb salad, which was a large salad with your typical "Cobb" items: bacon, eggs, cheese, chicken, etc. The toppings were a little light, but it was still very filling. It was on the pricier side, but the restaurant is nice, so it should be expected.
The service was a bit slow, especially as we only had an hour for lunch. Our server had quite a few tables during the lunch rush, so that was probably why.

Jessica P,

Thank you for visiting us and enjoying the Cobb salad, we hope you had a great trip into Baltimore and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The setting is "old world" elegant, the service is friendly and the prices are reasonable. The drink specials were a bargain. The crab cake platter was "the deal" of the day!