“Great Italian Meal”

Di Pasquale's Italian Marketplace & Deli
Ranked #2 of 2,219 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Di Pasquale's is an Italian Supermarket with a dining room available for seating to enjoy your food from either the kitchen or the deli. Di Pasquale's been around and in the family for over 100 years. Di Pasquale's started out as a small grocery store in Highlandtown, Maryland.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in town visiting family, we ordered a full course italian meal to go, and it was absolutely delicious. The meatballs were the best I've ever had, This will definitely be our go to for Italian food in the Baltimore area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've known about Di Pasquale's forever and just never gotten around to visiting. Then it occurred to us--we have a lot of medical appts at Hopkins Bayview, which is right across I-895 from Highlandtown. Hmmm, said I. Lunch?

And indeed, it's just a few minutes drive. Parking is kinda iffy, though. Between homes and churches, there aren't a large number of spaces. But we found one with not too much effort.

Our lunch was simple: a couple of house Sangrias (lots of fruit, no dangerous amount of wine), a small "Real Italian Super Sub" and a small "Calabrese." Both were delicious--at least in part because of the wonderful crusty bread. The place is sensibly organized: you order your meal in back (while navigating around people doing grocery shopping), take the receipt to the counter and pay. A number goes on your table and waitstaff bring the food.

The store is old, a little dingy, not in the least fashionable, and that's just what I like. In addition to the deli, dry pastas, breads and small offering of vegetables, there is an excellent selection of wine. One-stop shopping indeed.

In addition to sit down there it all can be taken out. If this store was within a mile of my house I'd be there for one reason or another two or three times weekly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great find! They have wonderful hot meals or you just buy from the deli. The Italian sausage was wonderful!

1  Thank deborahmO3389ZW
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is a diamond in the rough, reminiscent of the old days when neighborhoods were self-sustaining with small stores and within walking distance of your house.

I had the pleasure of getting a takeout order on a Wednesday night and having a lunch catered to a business meeting on Thursday! My takeout order was a medium container of the cold seafood salad (bay scallops, shrimp, mussels, diced bell pepper, carrots, calamari, lemon juice and maybe olive oil). It was very fresh and delicious. My two sandwiches were the Italian sub and a roast beef sub. While the Italian sub excelled the roast beef disappointed. Even their wonderful Italian bread could not save the overcooked, dry roast beef.

The next day we had eggplant parm, chicken parm and meatball sandwiches. All three were delicious and enhanced by the bread. The bottom line is that everything tastes better on their bread … except the roast beef!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visit this place for lunch pick-up so I cannot speak to the in-dining experience, but in my office whenever someone said they were heading here, everyone wanted the Italian cold cut. So delicious. The bread makes all the difference.