“Amazing!”

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at Rachel's Downy for one night with my boyfriend and everything was wonderful!
The room was great, very cozy and clean.
The location is just perfect, 10 min walk to the harbour.
Tish was so helpful and welcoming and you can tell she pays attention to every single detail.
The house's decoration is exquisite. I truly recomend to stay at this B&B, you won't regret.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast for our 2nd wedding anniversary on April 6th-April 8th. The B&B was absolutely beautiful! Very clean and relaxing too! Norman and Tish were also wonderful hosts . The location was wonderful--especially since we went to an O's game and it was a quick walk right across the street. We also enjoyed the restaurant recommendation of the local wine bistro. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget P
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I loved staying at Rachael's Dowry this past February! I spent nearly 2 weeks there and had a wonderful time. The B&B is absolutely beautiful, exceptionally clean and the food is amazing! Tish and Norman are some of the nicest people that I have ever met and will go out of their way to make sure everything about your stay is perfect. Don't waste your time staying anywhere else while you are in Baltimore!

Room Tip: I stayed in several of the rooms and they were each wonderfully appointed and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JamonyQueso
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have stayed at Rachael's Dowry B&B more than 10 times now and each stay was better than the last! The rooms and other areas are all beautifully appointed with charming touches, and the whole place is exquisitely clean. Norman and Tish are wonderful, warm, and welcoming, and go out of their way to ensure that each guest feels at home. I wholeheartedly recommend Rachael's Dowry!

Room Tip: All rooms are a great choice!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband, daughter and I had a lovely stay at Rachael's Dowry this weekend. We were in town for an accepted students day at MICA. The inn is beautiful, with fine antiques and furnishings. We stayed in the Carrie Frank suite, which was perfect for the three of us. Tish is so nice, and she prepared us a delightful breakfast. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the sheets crisp and clean, the towels thick, the room quiet and very comfortable. We had a great night's sleep. Thank you Tish for your hospitality. We only wish we could have stayed longer, your B and B is beautiful! The next time we are in Baltimore, we'll be calling!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank laura r
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Spent three nights at Rachael's Dowry on my first visit to Baltimore. The charming, beautifully appointed inn set the stage for a great visit. Norman was an engaging host, providing a history of the inn, cooking great breakfasts, and providing information about the area. Cookies, water, wine, tea always available. Wonderfuly library. The rooms are comfortable (loved the fireplace!); the inn is quiet; the area safe. Parking in the rear. The Inn is in the Camden area of Baltimore, directly across from the stadium. The Inner Harbor is about a 15-minute walk away; access to City Circulator and buses are near. I would stay there again -- it's much nicer and less expensive than even the moderate hotels. Restful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BirdWatcher_108
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Even though I had worked in Baltimore for 8 years back in the 1990s, I had no idea this charming little historic neighborhood was there. Everybody raves about Fell's Point, but this little gem gets no press. Rachael's Dowry is a 1798 colonial house, perfectly restored just a few years ago. My historian husband found it on the Internet because he is VERY fussy, and as the number one B & B in Baltimore, it caught his eye. The restoration is stunning, with original floors (not kidding!)

We weren't disappointed. Our room was gorgeous and very spacious, with a king bed and a real fireplace (fake flickers look very pretty, and it's also a heater if you want!) Very quiet street, too. Since I had a medical appointment at Hopkins early the next morning, we couldn't eat, but Tish kindly sent four warm cranberry scones along with us so we could eat after my tests. YUM! We'll go back again soon just for the pleasure of it -- and we live three hours away! Well worth it ...

Room Tip: I think all the beds are king except for the queen on the third floor. Comfortable and authentic-loo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business