“Excellent Romantic Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Excellent Romantic Weekend”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I elected to take my wife here for the weekend instead of to one of the two hotel properties down the street. That was definitely the right choice! The inn is right next to Camden Yards, but on a very quiet street. We loved the convenience and the hospitality. We stayed in the 3rd floor Ella Virginia suite, and we plan to stay here again soon.

Room Tip: Ella Virginia suite is on the top floor and great for a romantic weekend.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here this weekend and had a wonderful time. I have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, and I was blown away by the service, cleanliness and overall experience. Tish was very welcoming and made us feel at home, and her breakfast was great! We were pleasantly surprised by our room as it was actually prettier in person than online. We would highly recommend Rachael's Dowry for couples of all ages. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at Rachael's Dowry for a several nights in November and thoroughly enjoyed our time at this excellent B+B.
The location is very convenient, quiet and pleasant. It is an easy walk to many interesting parts of Baltimore. The house is beautifully appointed and all the furnishings and decorations are of the highest standard. Needless to say all parts of the house were immaculately clean.
The owners were very friendly, pleasant to chat to, but also respected one's privacy. They were very knowledgable and happily and efficiently arranged anything we need, including transport, maps and every kind of comfort. Better yet, they are excellent cooks and the breakfasts were exceptional and substantial. The food exceed all expectations day after day, and we went with high hopes!
The room (Ella Virginia) was very well appointed, large and handsomely arranged. We slept very well, and the linens were of a very high standard. The bathroom was lovely and well maintained.
The public areas of the house were beautifully furnished and we felt very comfortable at all times.
The house was quiet and we were never disturbed by other guests.
I would recommend Rachel's' Dowry and indeed would not think of staying anywhere else when visiting Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a MUST stay for Baltimore! This B&B was voted #1 for 2013 for a reason! We knew this was going to be an amazing stay just through our booking process and email correspondence with Norman (one of the owners) was a pleasant experience. He was very accommodating, knowledgeable, warm and welcoming in all his correspondence...bottom line we were "sold" before stepping foot in the door! Upon our arrival Norman as a gift to us on our wedding weekend upgraded our room from the beautiful Odarian Room to the gorgeous Ella Virginia Suite for our entire stay! The B&B has been renovated but still holds the charm and décor of the 1700s from the original hard wood floors to the aged honey brandy! The rooms and social areas are so warm and quaint they draw you in as if you're sitting in the comfort of your own home, makes it difficult to want to leave and sight see!! Every morning Norman prepares a home-made, 100% from scratch DELICIOUS and healthy breakfast on beautiful china in a cozy dining area. Of all the places we could have chosen to marry in Baltimore we knew as soon as we stepped foot in our room we would be getting married at the B&B. The room is so warm and inviting we knew this is where we wanted our special day to be just for the two of us. Norman was kind enough to take our pictures and celebrate in our special day. We could not have asked for anything more perfect! We were sad to leave after our stay but we are more than elated to know we will be back to stay at the B&B and make our way from room to room to experience all that the inn has to offer. Not many can say that they have stayed in a B&B that George Washington himself has stepped foot in. Norman is full of knowledge with the history of the home and takes pride in all of his work at the B&B. We will certainly tell all of our friends and family alike that this is a place you MUST stay while visiting the Baltimore area. We plan on returning and staying at the B&B when we come back to visit Washington DC and will take the train into the city. This is how AMAZING this B&B is. We can not say enough positive things about our experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've stayed here three years in a row during a hectic trade show at the nearby convention center. The inn offers a wonderful counterpoint to the sometimes overwhelming noise and activity of the day's activities. There's something about opening a gate and entering the home that immediately relaxed me. Every detail is a visual or auditory delight. The breakfasts were so hearty I was able to skip lunch. Coupled with the convenient parking, the inn provided superior experience at a cost savings when compared to the surrounding chain hotels. I am so pleased with myself that I found Rachael's Dowry!

Room Tip: Randolph room is the warmest in the winter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NaomiBrooks
Herndon
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying my husband and I have been to many bed and breakfasts over the years and this was one of the best. We were there Christmas week and it was a Christmas delight. The decorations, tree, scented candles and Christmas music made me very happy indeed. Our room was wonderful with the most comfortable bed. The bathroom and everything was very clean and well done. The breakfast was delicious in a room with private tables and our wonderful hostess payed particular attention and remembered my husband's fanatic fondness for coffee. There was even a place for coffee and water with an ice maker which is a detail I rarely find in places and is something I really appreciate. Our hostess was the perfect touch-available and friendly but not intrusive. I think we have found a place to return to many times for our post Christmas get away. So grateful for such a good time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Murfneil
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at Rachael's Dowry for one night after visiting the Inner Harbor. The Ella Virginia Suite was gorgeous - the huge 4 poster bed was very comfortable and the soaking tub felt great after lots of walking during the day. The food was fabulous and our hostess was very gracious. I would highly recommend this B&B to my friends and I hope my husband and I will stay here again in warmer weather when we can explore the area more. There were several restaurants within walking distance which was very nice. We chose Frank & Nic's West End Grill because my husband loves BBQ and it was fabulous - delicious food & great service!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple