“Historic Haven”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Historic Haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Amidst the hubbub of the city, Rachel's Dowry provides a classy get-away. Actually, you're right at the hub of Baltimore, walking distance from the harbor, the Convention Center, the Aquarium, and an abundance of restaurants. You can stroll right past Camden Yards (it's nearly out the back door). You have exclusive parking. And let me say, the breakfasts which Norman provides are exceptionally tasty and well planned. This house has some glamorous history (I'll let them explain) and has been restored impeccably. You'll want to return like we do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marwag00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Fort Gordon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I would recommend this location for weekends away, family reunions, or small business trips. The location is about a five minute walk to the stadium, a great local restaurant, and a sports bar.

Tish (The co-owner) was an absolutely amazing host. She made every bit of our trip comfortable. We had somewhat of a difficult time finding the parking lot (it really wasn't that hard) but she was there out in the parking lot waiting for us to arrive.

The property itself is gorgeous. It feels like home, and it's really comfortable. There were multiple sitting rooms, and the breakfast room was great. The room we stayed in had everything you needed and more. I was coming home from a deployment and Tish was nice enough to have a bottle of sparkly waiting in the room for my wife and I. The room was beautiful with incredibly nice linens. And, the WIFI was free!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter N
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a great time we had at Rachael’s Dowry! We were only in town one day but Norman quickly oriented us in the right direction to make the most of our limited time. Great host, great building, and what an amazing bed! Only regret is that we could only stay one day. We had to leave early the next morning for flight back to Seattle, but Norman took good care of us that morning and got us on our way quickly, thanks Norman! If headed to Baltimore, you’d be a fool to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently returned from 4 nights at Rachel's Dowry and really enjoyed my stay there. I was in town for a conference which was being held at a nearby hotel but I wanted to stay in a smaller place for a more personal experience and this B&B was perfect. It was only a 5 minute walk from the Convention Center and I had a great breakfast every morning as well as friendly conversation with the owner, Tish. I also enjoyed visiting a couple of the neighborhood bars & restaurants which are mostly sports-themed since Camden Yards is a block away. Unfortunately, Opening Day was the day after I left so I didn't get to catch an Orioles game while I was there. I may have to come back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Randolph room on the 3rd floor which was very nice for a solo traveler but would als...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Napa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Happy to have found this convenient treasure for our recent visit to Baltimore. Tish and her team provided the perfect compliment to our busy weekend. Artistically furnished and comfortable aurora with a served breakfast, we appreciate dthe attention to detail at RD's, and highly recommend to all that travel through Baltimore......Cheers!

Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family spent 2 nights in at Rachael's Dowry and couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The Inn was beautiful with lovely interior details and a great location (10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor and right next to Camden Yards). Tish (the owner) was wonderful and had great insight into things to see as well as tips on using the free bus system in the city (also a quick walk from the Inn). Breakfasts were delicious and filling. We stayed in the Carrie Frank Suite which was perfect for my wife, teenage daughter and myself. We will definitely return to Rachael's when we come back to Baltimore!

Room Tip: The Carrie Frank Suite was perfect for a a family of three.
Webster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was so exciting to find such a warm and comfy place to stay in such a large metropolitan city! The B&B is nestled on a safe and quiet street, but within a short walking distance of all the city restaurants and attractions. From the moment that we were greeted at the front door, Norman made us feel like this was our home away from home! The wonderful king bed and fireplace made our room extra appealing given the cold temps and snow over the St. Patrick's Day weekend! The breakfasts were amazing -- elegantly presented, healthy and tailored to my vegetarian requests! In short: affordable elegance and comfort with 18th Century Charm!