“Excellent !”

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent an excellent Easter weekend in Rachael's Dowry. Tish was a wonderful host - right from the phone conversations as we made plans. Easy to find, great parking, and wonderful location. We loved the history of the home, our room was beautiful, comfortable, and quiet. Tish told us how to get on the Charm City Circulator and we took that all over the city. Breakfasts were wonderful, coffee was great....and the music and atmosphere of the home was perfect! We felt pampered and relaxed. Tish helped us to find church services on Easter and was the perfect host....in her wonderful aprons. Would recommend to anyone visiting Baltimore and we know we will be back !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann Y
There are newer reviews for Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Enjoyed five nights in this lovely B&B while attending the AOTA conference in Baltimore.

The historic house and garden have been lovingly restored to their former glory - comfortable, stylish and homely. Norman was a perfect host - attentive and helpful.

Breakfasts were delicious, especially the home cooked quiches and bread, with carefully sourced, local ingredients. We also enjoyed the honey brandy as a night cap.

The neighbourhood - Ridgely's Delight - is well named. The location is very convenient: within walking distance of the town and within earshot of the Camden Yards, the Oriole's baseball stadium.

So, it was a perfect choice for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this Bed and breakfast last weekend as a 50th birthday getaway. We arrived on Friday afternoon and stayed till Monday. What a great experience. First our host met us in the parking lot and helped carry our luggage inside. We were escorted through a lovely courtyard into a sitting area then to the second floor. I was surprised by the size of the room. It was very spacious. It was crisp and light and very comfortable. After settling in we then went on to some wineries that are very close and a little sight seeing. Upon coming back to our B&B we ran into our host and he was very helpful suggesting places to eat and where to stay away from, he told us about the free buses and it was very helpful. The house is beautiful, well well kept. Large grandfather clocks chime. up to 6 pm then they courteously have them set not to chime afterward. We sat in the living room and enjoyed a fire and a glass of wine and listened to the inn keepers music on his iphone. He showed us how to work it and left us to enjoy. The inn keeper left treats out {which I looked forward too} of chocolates and cookies, not to mention the brandy in the sitting room where a clock ticks away and is soo relaxing. What a wonderful time. I love this inn. It will always have a special place in my heart since I was engaged there as well this weekend. Thank you Rachael"s Dowry for a wonderful Memory! Ps The breakfasts we really good as well!

Room Tip: Every room is a nice room. I enjoyed our Genevieve suite it faces the front street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Amidst the hubbub of the city, Rachel's Dowry provides a classy get-away. Actually, you're right at the hub of Baltimore, walking distance from the harbor, the Convention Center, the Aquarium, and an abundance of restaurants. You can stroll right past Camden Yards (it's nearly out the back door). You have exclusive parking. And let me say, the breakfasts which Norman provides are exceptionally tasty and well planned. This house has some glamorous history (I'll let them explain) and has been restored impeccably. You'll want to return like we do.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marwag00
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I would recommend this location for weekends away, family reunions, or small business trips. The location is about a five minute walk to the stadium, a great local restaurant, and a sports bar.

Tish (The co-owner) was an absolutely amazing host. She made every bit of our trip comfortable. We had somewhat of a difficult time finding the parking lot (it really wasn't that hard) but she was there out in the parking lot waiting for us to arrive.

The property itself is gorgeous. It feels like home, and it's really comfortable. There were multiple sitting rooms, and the breakfast room was great. The room we stayed in had everything you needed and more. I was coming home from a deployment and Tish was nice enough to have a bottle of sparkly waiting in the room for my wife and I. The room was beautiful with incredibly nice linens. And, the WIFI was free!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter N
Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a great time we had at Rachael’s Dowry! We were only in town one day but Norman quickly oriented us in the right direction to make the most of our limited time. Great host, great building, and what an amazing bed! Only regret is that we could only stay one day. We had to leave early the next morning for flight back to Seattle, but Norman took good care of us that morning and got us on our way quickly, thanks Norman! If headed to Baltimore, you’d be a fool to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently returned from 4 nights at Rachel's Dowry and really enjoyed my stay there. I was in town for a conference which was being held at a nearby hotel but I wanted to stay in a smaller place for a more personal experience and this B&B was perfect. It was only a 5 minute walk from the Convention Center and I had a great breakfast every morning as well as friendly conversation with the owner, Tish. I also enjoyed visiting a couple of the neighborhood bars & restaurants which are mostly sports-themed since Camden Yards is a block away. Unfortunately, Opening Day was the day after I left so I didn't get to catch an Orioles game while I was there. I may have to come back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Randolph room on the 3rd floor which was very nice for a solo traveler but would als...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business