“Beautiful, good customer service”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful, good customer service”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We went there after almost a year of having a LivingSocial deal and we really enjoyed our stay.
When we arrived, we had a bit of a misunderstanding with the owner about needing to have made reservations related to a portion of our LivingSocial deal (spa) but it was all resolved quickly and smoothly. The owner was actually quite nice about resolving the issue and so was the other hotel staff member. Our room was gorgeous, lots of great light coming in. The regular room's "queen bed" is actually much smaller than a real queen bed is, so I was at first concerned. However, it was quite comfortable to sleep in and we ended up having no issues with its size.
The bathroom was comfortable, the shower's water pressure perfectly fine. The breakfast was actually quite fantastic - lots of different kinds of cereal and oatmeal, as well as varieties of coffee/hot chocolate and really delicious croissants.
As part of our deal, we had a spa deal and dinner deal and all went really fantastically. We were only there for one night but really enjoyed it and recommend it. The only reason I don't give it a 5 star is because of the bed size and the little misunderstanding in the beginning. Location is great and, as I said, the staff was kind after all.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Tried for three months to book with our LivingSocial and even said we would pay more for their "premium" room and not only did it end with a null response but we returned our LivingSocial deal which involved them calling the hotel and confirming that they would not let us book. We read up and there was a complaint about the same thing. The owner even told us he was tired of dealing with the LivingSocial people of which whom he signed up with in the first place. I was very frustrated even after offering to pay extra. The owner said it would be %50 a night more and we agreed and when we tried to book with that he wouldn't let us book even then after we agreed to the extra money for the "premium" room. Not a well run business and I can't imagine it being nice to even go too. With such rude owner/clientele I would never suggest this place nor go there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EL_Intertia
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Any person contacting the Hotel Brexton is treated as a valued guest. We would not turn any guest down especially in your case whereby you have agreed to pay more for the room upgrade. We have hosted over 500 guests with living social packages and all were booked under the package rules. The packages are very clear indicating that rooms are subject to availability and hence calling for a lot of flexibility. Of late we have had more demands for weekends as compared to the rest of the days from package holders. This is understandable and hence we even went ahead and extended the package room allocation for each given day in order to accommodate more guests trying to redeem their vouchers. We have always been able to recommend dates that we can confirm if sold out on the requested dates. I assume that in your case we were sold out and I believe you were offered alternative dates of which you declined and maybe had fixed dates that you wanted to visit. All packages are valid in our Deluxe Queen rooms and Superior Queen Rooms. Once they are fully booked we are not able to overbook as that will aggravate you in case an open does not come through. I find it hard to believe that the owner would decline you paying the difference to take up one of the Premier rooms as we are in the business of making sure that all rooms get sold.
Once again I apologize for what you went through and I would like to take this chance to at least invite you. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to make sure that you get a chance to experience the Brexton.
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is my second stay at the Brexton. I had to arrive before check-time (early morning flight) and the staff was very accommodating and allowed me to access my room when I arrived. The rooms are attractive, well appointed and great value. Very nice staff and eager to help, fun location. I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Verona, NJ
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The service provided by the hotel management fits somewhere on the border between spiteful and incompetent.

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday at 7 P.M. When we arrived at the hotel the girl at the desk said "I may have good news for you, or I may have bad news for you." She then proceeded to tell me that our two rooms were unavailable, and we were being sent to a hotel approximately 20 city blocks away in another section of Baltimore. She stated that parking would be provided at this new hotel. NEVER ONCE did ANYONE from the Brexton Hotel call us and tell us that there was a problem with our room. They even stated that "WE DIDN'T HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER." This was a lie because I made the reservation via phone.

When we arrived at our new hotel we were told that the parking was NOT free, and instead we would have to pay 24 dollars per car per night. I called the Brexton Hotel because the package I bought with the Brexton Hotel provided FREE PARKING. When I called the Brexton Hotel they told me the manager PAUL would call me back and take care of it. (IT HAS BEEN 5 days now and PAUL has never returned any of my 6 phone calls)

As a result of the fact that NOBODY at the Brexton Hotel told us that our room was no longer available, and the fact that the hotel we were placed in was in another section of Baltimore, we missed out on our dinner reservations on Saturday Night. Furthermore, we booked the Brexton Hotel with guests, and now we incurred approximately 100 dollars worth of taxi fees so that we could reunite with our group and experience Baltimore with them.

I have tried to register my complaint with Paul, the manager of the Hotel Brexton Hotel, six different times; however he has yet to return my phone call. We are very disappointed that the Brexton Hotel Hotel has never once called us to apologize for this inconvenience, called us back to discuss this, offered to pay for the FREE PARKING that I had purchased through the online package that was offered, or even had the professionalism to call us ahead of time to tell us that our room was no longer available. I have never seen such awful customer service and I would advise EVERYONE to stay away from this dreadful place. I plan to repost this every single day until I receive a call from a representative of the hotel to discuss this situation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank ChrisWVerona_NJ
Reviewed 21 February 2012

very nice but hotels should not be charging for wifi

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Manchester659
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Your comments are highly appreciated and I will work towards addressing the Wi-Fi issue. Once again thank you and we look forward to your future visit.
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were nice and clean. The location was great for our planned activities. Even though the hotel is undergoing renovations, it was great to see a beautiful building restored and the staff proud of it. We plan on returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and especially putting up with the small renovation that we were undergoing. Am happy to report that it was completed, we have a new look lobby area and we can’t wait for your future return visit. Once again thank you for having chosen to stay at the Brexton.
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I really enjoyed the service from the staff. The hotel was very clean. Rooms are very nice and romantic. Great location in the city all kinds of things to do around the area. Just lovely Me and my wife really enjoyed it there. We will be coming at least once of month

• Stayed January 2012