“Not even worth wasting time to explain all of my grievances!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Not even worth wasting time to explain all of my grievances!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Extremely bad customer service even before our arrival and in the end we didn't stay there. We booked as a base to visit family and had nothing but trouble, with the management in the end charging me for services we did not use. They re booked us into a hotel and charged us the extra even though we hadn't requested them. As we live in the UK we struggled to get any acknowledgement except for a free night, which of course nobody would use if they had already had a bad experience at a certain hotel. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BMayo1985
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
I am truly sorry for your recent experience with our hotel. I would like to speak with you over the phone in further detail to help resolve these issues. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at info@brextonhotel.com or by phone at 877-830-6708. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Not sure where the raving reviews are coming from. The rooms are sparse and their terminology deceiving. There is no insulation between the floors. Our experiences with the LS voucher and the manager were similar to others. On our original attempt to use it, we received an 24-hour notice via email of HVAC problems and that everyone was being relocated to the BEST WESTERN. When I told him that wasn’t the “experience” I purchased, the manager agreed to extend the voucher. He lead me to believe I was the only guest who wouldn’t accept the BEST WESTERN. When we finally used it, our deluxe queen was actually a standard double – trust me, I measured. My initial instinct on this hotel and manager proofed correct. I would not return or recommend this hotel to anyone with or without a voucher.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank pjcwdc
I am sorry your recent stay with us was not indicative of our award winning service. I can assure you our beds are Queen size and there is insulation between all of our floors. I apologize these items did not meet your standards. We ask that you give us another chance in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting Baltimore. Our room was large and clean and the front desk staff was helpful. When we first arrived at the hotel, I thought the neighborhood looked dark and was wary of venturing out at night but I ended up really liking the Mt. Vernon neighborhood. We found a great restaurant, the City Cafe, just a block away from the hotel and plenty of lively bars and other restaurants a few blocks away on Charles Street. During the day, we went down to the inner harbor, which is about a 30 min walk from the hotel.

Before staying, we read some bad reviews about parking but we didn't have a problem getting space. We did have an issue with the toilet one day but we told the front desk on our way out to lunch and they had fixed it by the time we got back.

We'll definitely stay here again the next time we come to Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snd485
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for your kind thoughts and review of our hotel. We look forward to your return and providing you with the same great service again!
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Just spent three nights at the Brexton, and had a great experience. The staff was always kind and courteous. The building has wonderful character, and it's been renovated very nicely. Since the hotel has less than 30 rooms, the experience is a lot like staying at the home of a friend, rather than a generic hotel. An extremely charming boutique hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in our hotel and customer service. I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the entire staff.
Riverton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Visiting the University of Baltimore, I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was most comfortable, quiet and conveniently located. The ambiance of this 19th century hotel is wonderful. The staff members were most attentive. The continental breakfast got my days off to a great start.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel was so delightful. We look forward to your return soon. Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We came to B'more for a weekend and absolutely loved the Hotel Brexton. It embodied the history and old-world charm of the Mt Vernon area. The rooms were immaculate, well appointed and spacious, a stark contrast to NY hotel rooms. The hotel is in a quiet and safe area with easy access to fantastic restaurants and free public transport. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. I will be reccomending this hotel to everyone I know and urging them to visit Baltimore. Anyone interested in history, great food and eccentric characters will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Very clean, upscale hotel. Breakfast was good and the rooms were very nice. Value for this area of Baltimore can't be beat. Parking is pretty tricky if have more than one car but we managed just fine.

• Stayed November 2012