“Nice place, historical building”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
“Nice place, historical building”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I Stay in this hotel for two night. Very nice hotel insidie an historical building (Mont Vernon). Silent place and Good position close to the Penn statio, Harbour and Downtown (only 20 minutes by walk). Good rooms (cleaned everyday)and services. Breakfast is normal. Not so cheap.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gionata_f
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the entire staff. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great hotel, great staff, great location! I have stayed there four times already in the past few years, for 7 to 14 days at a time. It is a premier property with a terrific and very professional staff and manager who are extremely customer-oriented. The hotel is spotless and well-maintained, quite stylish in good taste, and an overall fun place to stay. The continental breakfast is generous and delicious, the rooms are comfortable and spacious, and the overall ambience is unique in any city or location. It is centrally-located to all the Baltimore attractions and the Inner Harbor. I cannot recommend The Brexton enough, whether you are on a business or pleasure trip..I am looking forward to my next visit soon. .

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms in the front have a nice view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jerry021
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We truly appreciate your amazing review of our hotel. We love having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Your kind words keep our staff motivated to keep providing the same great service.
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is listed on the national trust. It has spacious room and updated bathrooms. Sometimes they have deals on Living Social or Groupon. Paul and his staff do an excellent job catering to the guests. Parking for a fee is available. Better yet is close proximity to the free bus service, the Charm City Connector which takes you all over Baltimore including The Inner Harbor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NittanyLion70
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank your for your review. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to your return.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Rooms are spacious and kept clean (cleaned everyday by maids). Bathroom was stylish, renovated. Beds are very comfortable, pillows are so soft, I had a better sleep there than in my own bed at home! Sattellite TV had over 300 channels! Air conditioning worked great. Lots of natural light (3 windows) which you usually don't get in a chain hotel. Front desk were amazing, even helped me order a pizza at 11PM (Michelangelos pizza behind the hotel is AMAZING!! and cheap!) and let me check in 3 hours early.

Room was very quiet, couldn't hear any other rooms, and no outside noise.

Continental breakfast included free coffee (lattes, cappucinos, etc) bagels, cereals, bananas, danishes, and you could eat downstairs or take a tray up to your room which was great.

I'm from Montreal and felt pretty weary about getting a Hotel in Baltimore (I read a lot of bad reviews from other hotels, but I have to say that when I come back to Baltimore I will be definitely staying at the Brexton!!

Room Tip: 4th floor room #405 had a great view of the city
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justo88
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We work hard every day to provide this amazing service to all of our guests, and we take great pride in reviews like yours. We look forward to your return to Baltimore and to our hotel!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay over Memorial Day weekend 2014. 24 hour reception so no worries about late arrival. Room was spacious but lobby, elevator, breakfast room was a bit cramped. Seemed recently remodeled but some of the furnishings already showing wear. Comfy and quiet room. I called in advance to inquire about the "free parking" amenity but I was told there is no such amenity as there is only street parking. Not sure why they list "free parking" if it's actually street parking only. Luckily, I found a street spot nearby. Breakfast was so-so but it was cool that they provide something. Found this place much more reasonably-priced then some of the downtown hotels and actually prefer this location. Overall, enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beergarden
Thank you for your review. For your convenience the Brexton Hotel offers six first come, first serve parking spaces located parallel to the front of the hotel free of charge. We also have four parking spaces for guests to reserve, located in the garden area for a fee of $25 per car, per night. This space is guaranteed. We do hope that you will stay with us again soon as we truly appreciated having you as a guest!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed for two nights in the Brexton while going to a job interview in Baltimore. The hotel is nicely decorated and the rooms are well appointed. The room I was in was on the second floor. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I liked the sink in the bathroom. The "continental" breakfast was really very poor. The coffee machine was broken and there was no one in the breakfast room attending to it. They were also low on food and the toaster was not big enough to hold the bagels or English muffins. I really think the breakfast below standard. The other problem was that my room was on the street side of the hotel and you could hear all the noise from the street. There is a bar next door and you can hear people standing outside of it talking. There was also noise from horns, traffic, etc... The other noise was from the room directly next to me. I could hear the whole conversation (barely muffled) from next door. I could also hear the fellow next door using the toilet during the night (ick) and coughing. The staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the backside of the hotel and on an upper floor. I am sure it is much less...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. On behalf of the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the ways we failed to meet your expectations. Please note that the coffee machine has been repaired since your departure. We are sorry your stay was noisy, but we hope that you will stay with us again soon in a different room.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I am so lucky to live just two blocks from this fine hotel. I recently referred two good friends here from Miami to celebrate Easter Week with me. They loved their room, the amenities and the staff. This building is a gem that brags that it was once the home of the Duchess of Windsor. It is smack in the middle of the Mount Vernon Cultural district. One can walk to theaters, concert halls, museums and many great restaurants. The free Baltimore Circulator picks up just a couple of blocks away to connect folks to the Inner Harbor etc.
I visited Hotel Brexton often during the week and I want commend Melody for all her help.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLBguy
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for such kind words about our hotel, and thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family. We agree that Melody is one of a kind and truly a dedicated team member. We hope to see you again soon.