“Looking Forward to Next Year”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed 4 nights for a local festival the staff was very friendly and respectful. Bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious for a standard double. We already booked a double suite for next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kevin J
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! Our mission is to provide our guests with an outstanding experience through exceptional service and well appointed guestrooms.

We are very thrilled to know that we have met your expectation and satisfied your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back next year and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Great hotel, very new. nice and friendly staff. rooms were more 4 star than 3 star. central baltimore harbour just 10mins walk away. parking was not the best but we did not have problems, staff heleped us find a space. parking charges are extra. would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mhcd_2000

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We greatly appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon when you visit Baltimore again!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I booked this room for my wife and me the night before my appointment for a second opinion at Johns Hopkins. When I arrived, the check-in was exceptional. The parking lot was full, but the desk clerk found a spot for me and even "comped" my parking. The room had a full size hot tub for two. The room was very clean and cozy. Snacks were provided in the room as well. I especially liked the way they repurposed this former warehouse into a hotel in the downtown area. It is conveniently located to a lot of amenities. The shuttle service to and from Johns Hopkins was swift and friendly. I will stay there again and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe W

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! It is heartwarming to know that you and your wife enjoyed our location, complimentary shuttle service and the guestroom. Thank you very much for your acknowledgment on our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon when you visit Baltimore again!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I booked this room for myself while my husband was recovering from surgery at Johns Hopkins. I was able to get a JH discounted rate of $89 night. Here is my take on the property:

Pros:
- Johns Hopkins shuttle. Very convenient. They will take you whenever you need to go and you just call the reception to arrange to be picked up. Free and fast.
- Close proximity to JH
- Basic free breakfast (coffee, breads/pastries, sausage/egg patties, yogurt, cereal, juice)
- JH rate (had to call the hotel to get the rate. No proof of JH affiliation required)
- friendly staff

Cons:
- unsecured parking (that I still had to pay $16 a night for!)
- not the most savory section of downtown
- rooms aren't very quiet... floor in the room above mine creaked very loudly whenever someone moved (had to install ye olde ear plugs) and all noise from the hallway came right into the room as there was a big gap between the door frame and the door
- it was hard to get the room very dark due to the aforementioned gap

Overall, this was a fine place to stay for my purposes but I think I might have preferred to spend a little more dough for something a bit more upscale. However, I would recommend this hotel for anyone doing business for a short period w/ Johns Hopkins.

Room Tip: The top floor would probably be best due to the creaky floors/ceilings.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HCS
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

First I’d like to congratulate your husband on his recovery and wish you both happy times outside hospital walls. We offer this discounted rate to lessen the blow for families who are overwhelmed by medical costs. The complimentary shuttle does work on a schedule and I am happy they were available for you when you needed to be driven. Our front desk staff collaborates very diligently with the shuttle company to ensure quality and satisfaction. Our location is less than one mile from Johns Hopkins Hospital which makes us very convenient for our hospital guests. Thank you for reviewing our property so we can work on improving. The friendly staff is always striving for excellence.

We appreciate your thoughts.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife had surgery at Johns Hopkins last week and we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites on the night before and for 3 nights afterwards. I would gladly put the service we received at this location up against any 5-star hotel in the area. They genuinely cared for us - not only as customers but also as people. I will break down my review by the rating categories outlined below.

SERVICE: From the moment that we checked in, their staff made us feel welcome. We checked in late and asked a question that took us back out before the staff was able to complete their checkin orientation. When we arrived back at the hotel, the front desk attendant met us at the door, remembered our last name, completed the check-in orientation and give us the WIFI access information. My wife had surgery at Johns Hopkins for breast cancer and our family and friends conducted a "Team Lisa" campaign where people took pictures with a logo and sent it via text to her cell phone. I let the staff know about the project and not only did they participate but they left the sign taped behind the front desk so we saw it each time we came in or left the hotel in the days after surgery. When my wife was nauseous a day after surgery, they were genuinely concerned and happily dipped into the breakfast foods in the middle of the afternoon so that I didn't have to leave the property. The local shuttle service was a great add as well when we needed to make some quick local trips. In THE NEW GOLD STANDARD by Joseph Michelli, there is a chapter about "selecting" versus "hiring". This Sleep Inn & Suites has absolutely gone beyond simple hiring of people that can perform a job. They have selected well a team that is committed to service. WELL DONE!

VALUE: Although they do offer a Johns Hopkins rate (for people there for medical reasons) that is slightly less than their standard rate, their standard rate was a great deal less than other nearby options. The price of the room, the quality of the breakfast, free WIFI, a refrigerator and microwave in the room, free local shuttle service and the proximity to Johns Hopkins as well as the harbor made this location a fantastic value! Parking was $15/night which is reasonable.

SLEEP QUALITY: The beds were comfortable and we got a good night sleep all nights.

CLEANLINESS: The hotel still has a "new" feel and is both clean and comfortable.

LOCATION: At less than 1.5 miles from Johns Hopkins, it was perfectly located for us. We enjoyed a walk to the Baltimore Harbor (less than 1 mile away) and a drive to Fells Point (2 miles away) was enjoyable for food and shopping. There are also some great food options near the hotel as well. There is a great pizza place nearby that I can't remember the name of but was worth the short walk - ask at the desk, they can tell you.

ROOMS: We ended up getting a larger room since we were there for almost a week (we didn't check out the day of surgery) but the standard room would have been just fine for us if we were there for a shorter trip. The ONLY thing that seemed a bit less-than-ideal was the size of the TV in the larger room - but that is a MINOR concern.

RESTAURANT: Only available for breakfast but it was very good with eggs, sausage, fresh waffles, juices, coffee, tea, bagels, bread, sweet rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt (3 kinds), cereal (4 kinds) and hard boiled eggs.

As an added bonus, the owner of the hotel hosted a bar-b-que in front of the hotel on the Sunday before Memorial Day for all of the guests providing free lunch and beverages. It was clear that he either established expectations for great service or fully supports the efforts of his team.

We will return to Baltimore several times in the upcoming months and will look forward to our stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites DOWNTOWN INNER HARBOR for each return visit.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and the extra space is great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just returned from a cruise that left out of Baltimore. Pre cruise we stayed at this hotel and were pleastantly suprised. The hotel was very clean, and modern and the staff were friendly and efficent.

The bed was comfortable, clean and quiet. We were also pleseantly suprised at how big the room was.

The hotel was within walking distance to the inner harbor and little italy. Breakfast at the hotel was good.

No real complaints to speak of but if I had to choose something that needed improvement it would be organization of the cruise shuttle service. On the morning of the cruise embarkation myself and several other guests waited for at least twenty minutes to be picked up by the "shuttle". While this did not cause any major problems, I feel that the hotel staff could have been more organized and communicated better with the guests instead of having guests call the shuttle driver themselves.

Overall it was a plesant experience and I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmain31
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel, as we know it is a top priority for our guests and for us too! Thank you for mentioning the friendliness and efficiency of our staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

When guests choose our Park & Cruise Package, we love that we are the first part of your vacation! The package allows our guests to relax and let us worry about the little things. I do apologize for the shuttle being late, sometimes traffic can cause delays, and I apologize if this caused any inconvenience to you and the other guests. I can assure you this is a very rare occasion, and we receive many compliments about the timely manner and great customer service received by our shuttle service.

I hope you had a wonderful cruise, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor soon.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com
(410) 779-6166

Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I were in Baltimore to see some baseball games and tour the city with friends. I booked the hotel because of the location and the reasonable rate.

The hotel turned out to be a bit further from the Inner Harbor than I anticipated (about 3/4 of a mile and just over a mile from Oriole Park) but my wife and I are walkers so did not mind. The immediate neighborhood is a little seedy and we were a bit uncomfortable walking at night. However, just in front of the hotel is a stop for the "Charm City Connector", an intersecting system of three bus lines that run all through the down town area and a bit beyond. The buses run fairly regularly (every 15 minutes or so) and are used by both locals and tourists. The buses are FREE and quite convenient. My wife and I used them to tour the city and enjoyed the experience very much.

The hotel is close to Little Italy: good Italian food reasonably priced for the most part.

The hotel itself is clean. The decor is modern and the rooms are laid out in an unusual but interesting fashion. When we arrived at our assigned room, we discovered someone making repairs to the bathroom who told us it would be a while before he was finished. We went back to the desk and informed the clerk who seemed a little surprised but was quite polite and got us another room right away. Any other contact with the staff was pleasant. Our new first floor room proved to have a little bit of street noise now and then but it was really not a problem. Breakfast was OK and the breakfast room comfortable enough. The beds were comfortable, AC was good, and we slept well.

There is a small workout room with three macines all in working order. Wifi and computer access in the lobby.

Overall, a good experience. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple