“A lovely hotel with some unfortunate noise”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

stayed here the night before a cruise. We paid for 1 night and they kept the car (for free) for the next 10 nights. Chris, at the front desk, was fantastic. He had everything covered and answered all of our questions.
Our room was spacious and pretty. Much larger than I thought. The bathroom was nice but nothing too fancy. The only real problem I had was the noise. I woke up to what sounded like a group of people with suitcases several times. Then, at 2 am a man and woman were fighting quite loud. We found out that the building used to be a warehouse and that was probably the reason we heard the noise.
The breakfast was nice with quite a variety. The shuttle came on time and the driver was quite nice. I would not let the noise keep me from going there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank for taking your time to post a review our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback, positive and negative. I would like to apologize for any unnecessary noise that disrupted your stay. It is our job to provide a peaceful and quiet environment for all of our guests, and I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations in this area. We will do our best to ensure that the noise is not an issue on any return trips to our hotel. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact me personally.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is a great value for a precruise stay. The hotel has a very helpful professional staff. We found it very clean throughout the hotel. The morning breakfast served its purpose. Would stay here on any future trips.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RENLAUBRI

Thank you for making the Sleep Inn and Suites the hotel of your choice before leaving on your cruise. We are happy that we are able to offer our guests the ability to park their car and not have to get back into it from the time they arrive at our hotel, until the time they get back from their cruise. It is our goal to provide you with an effortless experience so that you can start your vacation on a relaxing note. We appreciate your kind words, and look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Baltimore.

410-779-6166 Ext.110

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Friends of ours recommended we stay at this particular hotel, and it was excellent advice. My adult son and I stayed at the Sleep Inn during my husband's hospital stay at John Hopkins. We received a discount since we were there because of John Hopkins, but the kindness received during this stressful time was much appreciated, From the clerks like Chris, to the breakfast hostess like Debi, to the shuttle driver like Mr. P, and to the others staying at the hotel, we all became like "family" in three-days time, The room was clean and well maintained. We have to return to John Hopkins for a second visit, but it is great knowing we have a clean, safe, and friendly place to stay at the Sleep Inn. We had no problems with the shuttle, as the driver arrived promptly each and every time we called and he delivered us right in front of the door of the hospital and Inn. We caught the first shuttle at 7 a.m. and returned to the hotel by 5 p.m. Another family we met stayed at the hospital until 11 p.m. and they got a taxi, but they were back on the shuttle the next morning. The shuttle ran like clock work. Since we were not familiar with Baltimore, it was a relief not to drive the car. Thanks Sleep Inn, we'll see you again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kay S

Kay,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review. Having a family member in the hospital can be a very stressful time. Our job at the Sleep Inn is to ensure that our guests are able to have the most relaxed, stress free experience possible during such a difficult time. Every member of our staff cares about each of guests, and we consider them all like family. I am glad that we were able to make you feel so comfortable and welcome. We look forward to seeing you all again and we will continue to make sure that you receive the attention and service that you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback.

410-779-6166 Ext.110

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before an important interview at Johns Hopkins. When I checked in, I asked the front desk the best way to get to my important interview in the morning. The front desk assured me that would arrange my ride with their transportation service for 6am. Later that night, I stopped at the front desk to inquire if my ride could be changed to 545am (as I was contacted and told my interview would start earlier). The front desk called their transportation service while I was standing there and confirmed my ride would be there at 545am. In the morning, I was in the lobby started at 540am. My ride NEVER came. The front desk said they didn't know what happened. They said they would try to call me a cab, but the wait was over 1 hour due to the weather! I finally found my own expensive transportation but was LATE for my very important interview, which probably cost me the job. Very unprofessional behavior - if the staff can't guarantee their transportation, they should have told me and I would have arranged my own the night before.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lynn F
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the transportation on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our front desk and the transportation company we use to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Baltimore.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great hotel if your planning a trip to Inner Harbor. Hotel was an old warehouse that has been remodeled, very clean and pleasing. If you like to walk it is within walking distance from the aquarium area and the landing with the shops but might just be a bit far depending on the temperature or your desire.

Breakfast wasn't the highlight of the stay by any means, typical continental offerings but theirs was just a bit sub par even for a sleep in.

Definitely worth considering

Room Tip: suites were a nice size but standard rooms were still nicely equipped.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was our first experience staying in the Inner Harbor. We were very comfortable with the accommodations. Parked the car in the hotel lot and walk everywhere we needed to go all weekend. Both gentlemen at the front desk were helpful and professional. The breakfast setup was very nice, and Debbie was super efficient, courteous, and attentive to guest needs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had a great stay. Very reasonable price, nice room & a short cab drive away from the harbor. I thought the breakfast hours should be extended past 9:30. Chris at the front desk was extra accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends